R.I.P Imac17,1 o_O

Welcome iMac Pro :wave:

Now let's see if the new guide and new approach works for all of you.:rolleyes:

I am convinced that the latter will not be the case ;):lol:

Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

@trs96 or @ModBot ,

could you please rename the title of my thread

Skylake-X/X299 - Live the Future now on macOS High Sierra 10.13 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

to:

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Many thanks in advance,

KGP

You have the SSDTs (BOTH) provided by KGP in your patched folder? SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml and SSDT-XOSI.aml?

Yes both! And since the newest updates from kgp in Systeminfo PCI almost nothing is shown.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-14 um 03.35.48.JPG
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-14 um 03.35.48.JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 120
63.3K GB Score ! KGP is the King of the Hill :headbang: Nice work. And all for under $13K.

Reactions: kgp
Far beyond 13K :lol::headbang:

If you could put a dollar value on the fun you had building and configuring that machine, that would make it less expensive ! Would you say it was all worth it instead of just buying an 18 core iMac Pro and plugging it in ?

Last edited:
You can't put a dollar value on the fun you had building and configuring that machine. Would you say it was all worth it instead of just buying an 18 core iMac Pro and plugging it in ?

Now if only we could get the iMac Pro keyboard and mouse :(. They are going on eBay for ~$800...

You can't put a dollar value on the fun you had building and configuring that machine. Would you say it was all worth it instead of just buying an 18 core iMac Pro and plugging it in ?

To buy a 18 core iMac Pro and just plugging it in would be really just boring :lol:

BTW, I am curious about the first benchmarks sores of the real 18-core iMac Pro.. ;)

I am convinced that they will stay far below the 63.3K GB Score I reached with my current systems :lol:

It was indeed an amazing adventure to reach that far and I am more than grateful to all contributors along this thread and forum but also to all contributors from different forums. :thumbup:
A joined venture and a big success of which I think we can really be proud of :headbang:

Hugs,

KGP

@kgp do you think that doing a clean install on 17C2120>17C2205 will be any better than the previous method of 17C88>17C2120>17C2205?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back