Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I missed the answer for this. Did you find the fix for wake ?

I have the same problem, once I flash the patched BIOS I can boot with MSR clover patch disabled, but computer restarts if wake from sleep. If I then enable the MSR patch, sleep & wake works fine.

bdmesg | grep MSR
0:101 0:000 MSR 0x35 A0014
0:101 0:000 MSR 0xE2 before patch 00000402
0:101 0:000 MSR 0xCE 00070C2C_F3012100
0:101 0:000 MSR 0x1B0 00000000

According to @kgp there is no issue here.... however no one else can replicate his results.

Sorry if I missed the answer for this. Did you find the fix for wake ?

I have the same problem, once I flash the patched BIOS I can boot with MSR clover patch disabled, but computer restarts if wake from sleep. If I then enable the MSR patch, sleep & wake works fine.

bdmesg | grep MSR
0:101 0:000 MSR 0x35 A0014
0:101 0:000 MSR 0xE2 before patch 00000402
0:101 0:000 MSR 0xCE 00070C2C_F3012100
0:101 0:000 MSR 0x1B0 00000000
That’s exactly what I find when using the patched bios. For now it seems for anyone having issues like we are to stay on the original non pathed bios and use the MSR patch as it doesn’t break sleep.
I have no idea why the patch breaks sleep but it is extremely weird. Glad I’m not the only one experiencing this issue

Isn’t the patched bios > clover patch? Seems like you guys might be throwing the baby out with the bath water... sleep is a extra feature, personally I always disable it and set my screens to power off after 10min. Idle power usage is not that bad and instant on when I click a key is much preferred to sleep which has always been clunky on some builds. Just my two cents. Better pursuits to be had.
I understand. However I think you can agree that whether something is an extra or an essential feature is a matter of opinion. I mean, aren't we here to perfect the setup to suit each one's needs and wants?

@kgp
Thank you (and others) very much for your awesome work. We are on the way to get the best Hackintosh ever!

Now I need just a fix for the FAN Bug on Vega in OS X. ^^

Last edited:
According to @kgp there is no issue here.... however no one else can replicate his results.

I patched my BIOS and sleep works fine for me without the MSR patch. I have not yet adopted the iMacPro system id yet, and am still declaring a FakeCPUID of 0x050654. Still using Clover 4318, as well. So all of these may impact sleep. I'm going to let a few others live on the bleeding edge for the next couple of weeks.

Edit: ***sorry*** solved

Last edited:
NVRAM is working great. THX.
Seems to be only Sleep and Wake are not working. (Both is not working)

On a random note, I just signed into iCloud with Safari to see how the iCloud signed devices list looks like, you know, just for shits and giggles. And to my surprise, the iMacpro1,1 SMBIOS configured machine is identified as an iPhone 7... lol

Double checked by going into iCloud settings with my iPhone and there it is correctly identified.

My "iMac Pro" is also identified as iPhone 7 :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back