Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, @kgp, it's me with NVIDIA issues again. can u please check link width of your GPU card in PCI slot? like this screenshots

my MSI 1080 have x16 link width and only 2.5 GT/s at speed, it is same for you?
View media item 189846
RX580 w/ x8 width have 8 GT/s (report of @Smallerse) linkspeed-jpg.302548

Last edited:
@kgp do you know which setting in the bios that controls USB power? I would like any USB power to turn off when System is in shutdown mode?

Thank you in advance

Hey Guys, I managed to get a few dumps of the new iMac Pro from the Apple store. I got an IOReg dump, System profiler and Darwin Dumper (everything that didn't need an Admin password).

Attachments

• iMac Pro Dumps.zip
    13.5 MB · Views: 119
@TheOfficialGypsy You should send them to the clover Configurator guys. With this files they can implement smbios iMac Pro.

@flymovies : Can you save your bios Settings as an CMO File to an usb stick and upload them afterwards here? I wanna try some stuff and see if I get the same problems like you.
Just sent them a message. From what I have examined in IOReg, the iMac Pro uses 'PC01', 'PC02', 'PC03' and 'PCI0'. Also the Xeon processor comes under 'PR00' instead of 'CP00'. The GPU comes under 'GFX0'.
Will keep examining :)

Hello, @kgp, it's me with NVIDIA issues again. can u please check link width of your GPU card in PCI slot? like this screenshots

my MSI 1080 have x16 link width and only 2.5 GT/s at speed, it is same for you?
View media item 189846
RX580 w/ x8 width have 8 GT/s (report of @Smallerse) linkspeed-jpg.302548

Same for me... Can you please forward your question directly to Nvidia?

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I managed to get a few dumps of the new iMac Pro from the Apple store. I got an IOReg dump, System profiler and Darwin Dumper (everything that didn't need an Admin password).

Can you pass your system or dumps through Avast Antivir and reload the zip file in post #2913?

When I try to open the zip, Avast blocks at least 6 threads with Malware-gen [Trj] and DirectHW-E [PUP] infections...

With Avast installed the attached zip is useless and can't be opened..

Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 09.16.28.png

Last edited:
@kgp do you know which setting in the bios that controls USB power? I would like any USB power to turn off when System is in shutdown mode?

Thank you in advance

Never tried to do that with the BIOS....

Can you pass your system or dumps through Avast Antivir and reload the zip file in post #2913?

When I try to open the zip, Avast blocks at least 6 threads with Malware-gen [Trj] and DirectHW-E [PUP] infections...

With Avast installed the attached zip is useless and can't be opened..

View attachment 302643
I wouldn't have a clue why that happens, it opens fine on my build. Most likely a false positive.
I don't have access to another iMac Pro so what I uploaded is exactly what I have I'm sorry

I wouldn't have a clue why that happens, it opens fine on my build. Most likely a false positive.
I don't have access to another iMac Pro so what I uploaded is exactly what I have I'm sorry

Maybe it is not the dump which is positive but your system? Did you try to check your system disk with AVAST?

AVAST usually does not reveal false positives...

It might be a question of just a couple of minutes to run AVAST over your system disk...

Can you do me this small favour?

I would not like to spread infections around. We have to be very careful here.

Avast always stops the download of your zip after 13,4 MB. The download is incomplete. I cannot access or open the zip file.

Update:

Allright... I downloaded and expanded the zip file on my MacMini and transferred it to my Skylake-X/X299 System. I passed the iMac Pro Dumps Folder through avast without any issues and I subsequently compressed all files.

The new infection free iMacPro dumps.zip is attached below. I also added this file to my ticket on sourceforge.net.

Attachments

• iMac Pro Dumps.zip
    14.5 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back