Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the BIOS, go to Tool,
Go to Load/Save Profile from/to USB Drive and save it to your USB flash drive
If you success, it will be the CMO extension file, ZIP it and you could upload it here,
The BIOS version I have now is 0802, if you have the other version, pls let me know what it is,
I will check your sstd.aml as well, thanks.

@RuleBreaker01 and @flymovies , please note that the restore of BIOS settings only works within the same BIOS version! In this case, both of you should have 0802!

Last edited by a moderator:
@RuleBreaker01 and @flymovies , please note that the restore of BIOS settings only works within the same BIOS version! In this case, both of you should have 0802!

I can bring it down to his version if the OC working, then I will work around those setting for 0802, :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Iam currently testing the vanilla OsxAptioFix2Drv that is distributed with the latest clover. Seems to work so far but still occasionally have the allocation error. Just the same with the free-2000. (Bios = 802) I'll build your USB kext for the Rampage VI tonight :). I have been testing the Vega this whole weekend and it seems that the drivers are totally borked in the latest release o_O or it it's something else in this Asus board. Windows is working fine. I have ordered a Radeon Pro WX 7100 (Polaris 10) (same as RX 480) to test if it's the board or not.

I just purchased a Radeon Pro WX 7100 for my Asus Prime X299-Deluxe for my new build. Your info means that I expect this to work for me. I'm sure that the rest of this discussion will help me when I try this now.

I wanted to start with 10.12.6 as it works on my current listed system. It sounds like 10.13.0 is working very well & may be the better choice. What is your opinion on that point or any one elses.

I just purchased a Radeon Pro WX 7100 for my Asus Prime X299-Deluxe for my new build. Your info means that I expect this to work for me. I'm sure that the rest of this discussion will help me when I try this now.

I wanted to start with 10.12.6 as it works on my current listed system. It sounds like 10.13.0 is working very well & may be the better choice. What is your opinion on that point or any one elses.

Directly go for 10.13 if you can and your 3rd party software is fully functional...

Please update your profile or signature providing Skylake-X/X299 System Information (mobo, GPU, GPU)! Thanks in advance!

I eventually went with a WX 5100 because I only needed a card with 4 display ports. The device id 67C7 was not recognized and I had to spoof the closest one 67C0 with a dsdt edit as described in the FAQ from whatevergreen. The Pro WX 7100 is mentioned in the whatevergreen code so I guess it shouldn't be a problem. If it's not working you have to make a dsdt edit for your card.

Any particular case you need a PRO WX card instead of just a RX 580? Just asking because that will be more compatible and easy.

// Edit

I tried the 1080ti today. It's working fine on a single 4k monitor with DisplayPort.
Sadly it's not working with the gigabyte alpine ridge. Still works with AMD only.

Last edited:
iMac17,1 USB profile for ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Gaming K6

rear ports
HS01 (usb3) SS01
HS02 (usb3) SS02
HS03 (usb3) SS03
HS04 (usb3) SS04
HS05 (usb2)
HS06 (usb2)
HS07 (usb2)
HS08 (usb2)

front ports
HS12 (usb2)
HS13 (both front usb3 headers) SS05

Attachments

• MHS-ASRockFatal1tyX299GamingK6-USB.kext.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 72
iMac17,1 USB profile for ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Gaming K6

rear ports
HS01 (usb3) SS01
HS02 (usb3) SS02
HS03 (usb3) SS03
HS04 (usb3) SS04
HS05 (usb2)
HS06 (usb2)
HS07 (usb2)
HS08 (usb2)

front ports
HS12 (usb2)
HS13 (both front usb3 headers) SS05

Gorgeous! :clap::clap:

my bluetooth is not working on 10.13.1,
any suggestions ?

my bluetooth is not working on 10.13.1,
any suggestions ?

10.13.1?

What about the EFI-folder of your supposedly working macOS USB Flash Drive Installer for 10.12.6? Can you please upload the latter in the respective thread?

Thanks in advance,

KGP

Last edited:
Ok , lol - i won't :)
also, do any of you guys encountered a sudden crash when lunching SIRI or sudden reboots when installing apps ?

Yes, I have this problem. No, it's not because of your display configuration. Sudden reboots, usually with USB keyboard or mouse activity. Asus X299 Deluxe, 7820x, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition. Still trying to work out the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back