Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, i managed to boot a few times to a working system (without nvidia web drivers yet)
but when i put my windows nvme back in, i get an instant reboot of the system.
does anybody know how to handle this ?

I can already confirm this for you.
When I first bought my mainboard in August I bought the 7820X because I didn't see 2 more cores being worth another $500. On the train home I was reading the CPU specs and only then realised that the X299 chipset was basically handicapped by anything less than a 7900X due to insufficient PCIe lanes to enable many of the mainboard's features. This is a mjor issue with X299 and SkylakeX IMHO - I expect to see many unhappy customers who don't understand the relationship between CPU PCIe lanes and mainboard features. This issue is amplified by the Deluxe boards having so many on-board devices. I strongly advise using only i9 processors on the X299 boards to maximise available CPU-PCI bandwidth.
Technically it could be argued that even 44 PCI lanes aren't enough for all the stuff crammed into the Prime X299 Deluxe. This may be why Apple are sticking with Xeon-W on the iMac Pro - an extra 4 PCI lanes in addition to ECC memory support.

Needless to say I returned the i7 the next morning for an i9 7900X. Luckily it was still in its unopened box.
Thank you, I have to check Microcenters return policy and see if I am within the return period. I read about the limitations prior to the build but didn’t realize how quickly the lanes would be consumed.

i9.png

The beast is alive!

World's first fully functional and stable i9-7980XE Skylake-X/X299 Hackintosh System

XCPM.png

Geekbench-4.1.3-2.png

Geeckbench-4.1.3.png

Geekbench-4.1.3-1.png

Cinebench.png

@trs96, now we have what we all have been waiting for :thumbup:

kgp.png
:headbang::headbang::headbang:;):clap::wave::mrgreen:

Last edited:
Any issue with the Aorus 1080Ti Extreme edition? I just cannot install the web driver on that yet.

Did not implement an Aorus 1080Ti Extreme edition yet ...

Now it boot OK without any kexts. I'm going to try in the Safe mode to install the driver
So the result now it keep looping the IOConsoleUsers Error just like the first time you let me check nv_disable=1. No Lilu.Kext or other special arguments. The interesting thing is that I've never seen the GateKeeper issue. You're right something going wrong. But I'm already thinking to change the card to a Vega, which might work. And I need to change the liquid cooing system as well.IMG_2792.JPG

Did not implement an Aorus 1080Ti Extreme edition yet ...
I'm so lucky to order a same set as yours except the Mobo. Waiting to see if Aorus 1080Ti works on X299 Platform on High Sierra.

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back