Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATI Radeon Vega users anyway have native support under macOS High Sierra 10.13.

Can you confirm this for actual Vega retail parts or is it a guess?

Well from what I read in the community it is natively supported.. but don't ask me I don't have one...

Hi!
First I must start by giving a huge applaude to you @kgp :clap:. Really awesome work here and with all you other guides for High end desktops machines on macOS. Your write really well and in an easy to follow fashion. Keep it up!
I'm very impressed by the power managment conclusions and progress you've made here.

I'm looking to buy the ASUS mobo and an 7900x today and get started with the install.
Really looking forward to the complete guide (Including the secret USB 3 hack =).

Will get back when I've went though the install and will tell you about my experience.
The goal is a high-end programming/music making machine.

I will use the Thunderbolt add in card for my Antelope Zen sound card as well.

Wish me luck, and I'll see you soon.

Also don't forget to tell your readers that a liquid cooler is pretty much mandatory for one of these Core i9 builds. For a 2,000 dollar CPU you'd think they could throw one in for free.

Screen Shot 9.jpg

Can you confirm this for actual Vega retail parts or is it a guess?
Vega works natively indeed. I have the frontier edition in my x299 hack. All the frontier edition device id's and the rx vega device id's are in AMD10000Controller.kext as far as I know. Performance isn't as good as in windows so far, but it works. I have to use the MacPro6,1 SMBios else one of my monitors goes blank. (3 Monitors). I use the frequency vectors of the iMac 17,1 though.

Hey KPG,

Thanks for an awesome guide. I've just fixed the XCPM, made a huge difference.

If anyone can help me with this, I'm looking to see if there's a way to sync all the cores on my MSI X299 SLI Plus motherboard. The frequencies are still jumping around a bit.

And then KPG, if I can make a suggestion.

I didn't realise what the XCPM would do to my system until I ran the Intel Power Gadget. For all the noobs like myself, I think it would make a huge difference if you explained upfront why it's important to do the XCPM fix.

I'm going to try and do the USB fix today (hopefully that solves my Bluetooth problem as well), then I only have a GFX issue standing between me and a fully working, stable Hackintosh!

Thanks again, and all the best.

So I think I managed to break my registry file:)

Is there a way to reset it back to normal? I've deleted the kext file from the EFI folder, but that's not making a difference. I went through the process without a hitch. All the presets you mentioned matched, so it was relatively easy. I went through the process with a USB2 and found 4 that wasn't being used. I went through the process again with the USB3 and found 6 SS ports that wasn't being used (my list went up to 10). I deleted them using Xcode and restarted. Checked the IOregistry upon restart to verify that it's using the one I just created. Everything matches up.

Problem is, I still have all of the HS ports (10) and only 1 SS port. Physically, none of my USB3 ports are now working.
Furthermore, when looking at system report, I'm not seeing any USB2 busses, it's only detecting USB3 busses.

Hey KPG,

Thanks for an awesome guide. I've just fixed the XCPM, made a huge difference.

If anyone can help me with this, I'm looking to see if there's a way to sync all the cores on my MSI X299 SLI Plus motherboard. The frequencies are still jumping around a bit.

And then KPG, if I can make a suggestion.

I didn't realise what the XCPM would do to my system until I ran the Intel Power Gadget. For all the noobs like myself, I think it would make a huge difference if you explained upfront why it's important to do the XCPM fix.

I'm going to try and do the USB fix today (hopefully that solves my Bluetooth problem as well), then I only have a GFX issue standing between me and a fully working, stable Hackintosh!

Thanks again, and all the best.

how did you do that

I'm trying the whole day to get it to work. I managed to build the SSDT. But my CPU just hits 4.3 whole time :(

About the MSI sync all cores etc... hard to find anything in that f... click bios.. xD

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 16.05.34.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 16.05.34.png
    809.3 KB · Views: 363
30.08.2017: currently updating guide to PB7/DP8! Bug fixing errors which prevented the installer from boot. Bug fixing errors related to iMessage and Facetime; Implementing the ASUS Thunderbolt EX3 Extension Card on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe; Completing and Revising described procedures; The update shall be finished by the end of the day and a new EFI folder will be attached to this originating post (guide). Fantastic news for all Users of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe: All USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A) ports and all USB 2.0 (USB 2.0 Gen 1 Type-A) are fully functional and work at expected data transfer rates (90 Mb/S (USB 3.0)and 40 MB/s (USB 2.0), respectively ) thanks to Kext as Kext can! All USB 3.1 (USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C) ports are implemented natively on different controllers and work with data rates up to 140 MB/s. Also the ASUS Thunderbolt EX3 Extension Card is now natively implemented and connected external Thunderbolt drives (via Apples Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter) work at Data Rates equal to USB 3.1 speed (exceeding 140 MB/s). Stay tuned until the end of the day. We shall have a fully functional guide which we still can improve thanks to your feedback! I will advice you once the guide upgrade is finished!

how did you do that

I'm trying the whole day to get it to work. I managed to build the SSDT. But my CPU just hits 4.3 whole time :(

About the MSI sync all cores etc... hard to find anything in that f... click bios.. xD

I just followed the guide step by step. Did you go through your BIOS and made all the necessary changes? That could be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back