Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the response. Yes i have multi-boot on this machine - Windows/Linux/Mac
Windows and Linux are totally fine under the load. I was just painting in the Substance Painter under Windows for few hours and no issue. I have Mac Pro (trash can) but the graphics card Firepro D500 is too weak. So i am trying to figure out how to do nice fast OS X machine - I dont like the idea to get iMac Pro.

Thanks guys for helping me.

CUDA drivers might be the source of your system freezes.. they are known for system destabilization..Else do you use AVX and AVX-512 BIOS offsets as suggested?

CUDA drivers might be the source of your system freezes.. they are known for system destabilization..Else do you use AVX and AVX-512 BIOS offsets as suggested?
Are these AVX bios settings related to the setting "sync all cores"?
At the moment I use "by core usage", should I put your AVX settings nevertheless?

thanks

Hello,
I just successfully installed High Sierra on my PC - Asus X299 Mark 2 with i9-7940x and Nvidia Quadro M6000 24GB.
When I try to run some 3D app or app that is using more graphic power, it crashes :( report is having issues with graphics driver. I get tired of windows and linux doesn't give me apps I use for my work.
I know that there is an issue with my config file, but I am afraid when I edit something that my system will not boot it up.
I will really appreciate if someone can help me. Thank you.

View attachment 346601

View attachment 346602
View attachment 346603

View attachment 346604
View attachment 346605
View attachment 346606

Hello, are you using the latest SSDT for NVIDIA provided by KGP? have you checked the values with your ioreg? I ask because maybe, the quadro cards do not have the same values as the GTX. There is something that strikes me in the pictures you have sent, in the control panel of Nvidia, your card is not in any slot, you should show it in slot 1, maybe the problems come around, greetings.

Hello,
I just successfully installed High Sierra on my PC - Asus X299 Mark 2 with i9-7940x and Nvidia Quadro M6000 24GB.
When I try to run some 3D app or app that is using more graphic power, it crashes :( report is having issues with graphics driver. I get tired of windows and linux doesn't give me apps I use for my work.
I know that there is an issue with my config file, but I am afraid when I edit something that my system will not boot it up.

If you really think your config.plist is suspect, I would suggest you post your config.plist file (blank out the SMBIOS section) and screenshots of these directories in your EFI folder (sort with dates): Kexts/Other, ACPI/Patched, and Drivers64.efi so others can see if they can find something that might need correcting....

Also, what version of Clover are you using?

Last edited:
Two likely important alternative comments for testing and to be discussed within our community:

1.) CPxx -> PRxx replacements and CPU thread ordering

In fact there is very simple and straight approach for achieving a fully automatic CPxx -> PRxx replacement and CPU thread ordering for any Skylake-X CPU on any X299 mainboard on the market.. However, so far I kept this latter approach secret as I do not no about negative side implications..

In any case, the latter approach would consist of implementing Apple's iMac Pro APIC table APIC.aml.zip in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/, which directly reveals a properly ordered PRxx CPU thread implementation after boot..

However, as stated above, the validity of this latter approach yet has to be confirmed by all users..

View attachment 346350

I put APIC.aml in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/. In ioregistryexplorer see this (*photo).

this is the correct order to rename?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 2.png
    2.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 199
I put APIC.aml in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/. In ioregistryexplorer see this (*photo).

this is the correct order to rename?

Seems that apic.aml did not apply at all in your case..

any idea, or method?

Not really.. apic.aml in my case reveals a correct PRxx implementation.. try to use ssdt-1.aml, and or ssdt-2.aml, and or ssdt-3.aml of the imac-pro dump in addition...

BTW, when using apic.aml you removed all former CPxx -> PRxx ACPI replacements from config.plist.. correct?

Not really.. apic.aml in my case reveals a correct PRxx implementation.. try to use ssdt-1.aml, and or ssdt-2.aml, and or ssdt-3.aml of the imac-pro dump in addition...

BTW, when using apic.aml you removed all former CPxx -> PRxx ACPI replacements from config.plist.. correct?

I Disable all CPXX -> PRXX and put apic.aml in clover , reset and show what the photo.

I enabled CPXX -> PRXX same your guide and shows like this.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 215
  • 2.png
    2.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 207
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back