Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another TB Breakthrough....

@nmano, @Loloflatsix ,@Rulebreaker01 , @apfelnico, @taylorsyn ...

Amazing updates @nmano :thumbup:
These Slot-4 GB Alpine Ridge / ASUS TBEX 3 TB-SSDTs should really rock this time! :headbang:

Asus: SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro.aml + SSDT-TB3-BR1A-XHC5-HPME.aml
Gigabyte: SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-GB.aml + SSDT-TB3-RP21-XHC5-HPME.aml

Verified: TB-Hot Plug on both TB ports of the GB Alpine Ridge for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe with THB-C removed. Yet no XHC USB Hot Plug with removed THB-C (question of appropriate BIOS settings?).

Verified: XHC USB Hot Plug on both XHC USB3.1 Type-C ports of the GB Alpine Ridge for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe with THB-C connected. No TB Hot Plug on both TB ports of the GB Alpine Ridge for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe with THB-C connected.

Verified: Both TB NHI and TB XHC USB3.1 PCI drivers permanently loaded and added to "PCI" of Apple's System Report.

Both TB/XHC USB3.1 Type-C ports should now be fully functional within the above limitations.. :thumbup:

Please verify and provide your feedback, guys!

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro.aml.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 165
  • SSDT-TB3-BR1A-XHC5-HPME.aml.zip
    960 bytes · Views: 150
  • SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-GB.aml.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 101
  • SSDT-TB3-RP21-XHC5-HPME.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
o.k., great.. I already detailed your EFI-Folder errors, but post #9074 is still awaiting moderator approval and is yet invisible to other visitors, including yourself. Especially note Error 1.). You promised my to include a properly adopted TSCAdjustReset.kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, but you did not. This way your system will never boot, my friend. ;)

Moderation, could you please approve post #9074 as soon as possible? The contained information is urgently required by user @pieropontra.

Done! The system is running, now I’m loading my time machine backup and the I’ll fix all the little stuffs like: My AbTB Broadcom WiFi seems not properly recognized. WiFi works, BT not... could it be due to USB 2.0 internal header not recognized by macOS? BT uses a usb cable from Broadcom to mobo. Any suggestion?

I can’t say how much I appreciate your help my friend... really! Would be great to share something with you, feel free to ask anything would be helpful.

Done! The system is running, now I’m loading my time machine backup and the I’ll fix all the little stuffs like: My AbTB Broadcom WiFi seems not properly recognized. WiFi works, BT not... could it be due to USB 2.0 internal header not recognized by macOS? BT uses a usb cable from Broadcom to mobo. Any suggestion?

I can’t say how much I appreciate your help my friend... really! Would be great to share something with you, feel free to ask anything would be helpful.

Is the BT USB-cable correctly oriented and properly plugged to the onboard connectors at both ends?

Is the BT USB-cable correctly oriented and properly plugged to the onboard connectors at both ends?

Yes I suppose, the PCIe adapter got 2 LEDs one for WiFi one for BT. Both are illuminated green, the WiFi worked oob but BT is not showing at all in System Preferences

Yes I suppose, the PCIe adapter got 2 LEDs one for WiFi one for BT. Both are illuminated green, the WiFi worked oob but BT is not showing at all in System Preferences

What you mean by that BT is not showing at all in System Preferences? At most it would say "Bluetooth: off" and "Turn Bluetooth On". In any case you should have the BT menu in System Preferences.

To suppose is not enough. Try to flip the BT USB-Cable and see if it works in this configuration.

In any case I am not able to support you in your bluetooth issues as you implemented a BT/WIFI adaptor different form the OSXWIFI.

Thus, good luck my friend!

What you mean by that BT is not showing at all in System Preferences? At most it would say "Bluetooth: off" and "Turn Bluetooth On". In any case you should have the BT menu in System Preferences.

To suppose is not enough. Try to flip the BT USB-Cable and see if it works in this configuration.

In any case I am not able to support you in your bluetooth issues as you implemented a BT/WIFI adaptor different form the OSXWIFI.

Thus, good luck my friend!

How can I know if the usb header is working properly? If I would know it works for sure, then I’ll know is an adapter issue! Anyway, even if it’s not a OSXWiFi device I think it’s the same exact stuff, it uses a Broadcom / Apple BT WiFi mini card mounted on a PCIe adapter.

I cant’t flip the cable, it will not go in the female header! Ahahah

How can I know if the usb header is working properly? If I would know it works for sure, then I’ll know is an adapter issue! Anyway, even if it’s not a OSXWiFi device I think it’s the same exact stuff, it uses a Broadcom / Apple BT WiFi mini card mounted on a PCIe adapter.

I cant’t flip the cable, it will not go in the female header! Ahahah

Thus, at both sides it can be just mounted in one way? Bad luck then.. happy bug fixing.. ;)

BTW.. did you try to use it in a x1-slot?

Another TB Breakthrough....

@nmano, @Loloflatsix ,@Rulebreaker01 , @apfelnico, @taylorsyn ...

Amazing updates @nmano :thumbup:
These Slot-4 GB Alpine Ridge / ASUS TBEX 3 TB-SSDTs should really rock this time! :headbang:

There's reference to a DEVS method in there, looking at the Asus DSDT I see it defined in \AMW0 as:
Code:
            Method (DEVS, 1, Serialized)
            {
                CreateDWordField (Arg0, 0x00, DVID)
                CreateDWordField (Arg0, 0x04, CPAR)
                Switch (DVID)
                {
                    Case (0xE0000000)
                    {
                        Return (WLDF (CPAR))
                    }
                    Case (0x00)
                    {
                        Return (0x00)
                    }
                    {
                        Return (0x00)
                    }

}
            }

This method however, doesn't exist on the ASRock DSDT nor does the ASUSWMI device. The Hardware ID is PNP0C14, that the ASRock have in the device WMI1 (uid is MXM2)

Just making sure I'm adapting the right thing...

Thus, at both sides it can be just mounted in one way? Bad luck then.. happy bug fixing.. ;)

BTW.. did you try to use it in a x1-slot?

The only X1 I got is covered by the GPU, I moved it to a x4 slot and it has the same problem. Additionally, not even windows is able to load / install the proper bootcamp driver for it, WiFi ok BT unavailable on Win10 too.

The only X1 I got is covered by the GPU, I moved it to a x4 slot and it has the same problem. Additionally, not even windows is able to load / install the proper bootcamp driver for it, WiFi ok BT unavailable on Win10 too.

Some BT/WIFI adopters absolutely require a x1-slot, otherwise BT won't work, which seems definitely to be your case, as your BT does not even work under windows! Move your GPU for test purposes and free the x1-slot. OSXWIFI is one of the few BT/WIFI adopters compatible with x4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back