- Feb 24, 2013
- Mobile Phone
I only pointed that because as it is, anyone attempting to follow the guide today and trying to install macos won't be able to.That's normal... 10.13.4 is not longer available. I still have to implement the new 10.13.5 links, which will be part of my next guide update.
Let's see if I can implement the new links right now. Give me a couple of minutes
Yep, I always put the latest apfs.efi file in before I run an update. That's about the only thing I do.
You have to select the newly created partition from Clover "Install....." It usually does one reboot then you're back in.
You can disconnect the other SSDs if you have other macOS installs.
I only keep 1 macOS install active and disconnect the "clone" SSD because I don't want conflicts and it being mounted and being powered on for no reason. I open the side panel and connect it back if I ever need to "restore" or "backup" to the clone SSD.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Just to clarify, are you saying that I should wait 48 hours for your next update before trying to install using 10.13.5?
I have been sitting on this hardware since January so I can wait a bit longer if it means that things will go smoother.
What was leaked in the last couple of hours?
Yeah I saw others said the same.
Apple must be refining things under the hood for the eGPU support introduced in 10.13.4.
My fan runs around 640RPM on idle.
I had the same issue, just went round a couple of times rebooting and reapplying the update, eventually just starting with -v fixed it.Grrrrrr once again update to 10.13.5 just doesn't work.
After it reboots I get an error that the installer resources couldn't be found.....
This time however, my disk has no error (unlike last time)
I just did a check on mine in 10.13.5 --- At idle, I am at 40% fan speed which gives 2001 RPM. Hopefully there will be a fix for 10.13.5 soon.