Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was without any OC so 3.30GHz. My BIOS settings got cleared today somehow when I removed the motherboard to add a new antenna wire to my DW1830, so after setting up the BIOS again and updating to 10.13.5, I have new scores. Still without OC.

42,993 Geekbench 4 64bit
2,435 Cinebench CPU
142.68fps Cinebench OpenGL
View attachment 333901 View attachment 333902

I don't believe you that you obtained your i9-7900X Geekbench and Cincebench scores by running the i9-7900X @3.3GHz, as you state above.

Please verify...

This is totally at odd with benchmark results of other users running the i9-7900X @4.3GHz...

Last edited:
VegaGraphicsFixup.kext enables your secondary ports on the Vega, that's all it does. If you have one monitor you do not need VegaGraphicsFixup.kext. You don't even need Lilu (unless you use it to pair with other kexts).
you do need Lilu

VegaGraphicsFixup is a Lilu plugin...

Also help with 5K screens (Which technically are like having two screens)

Grrrrrr once again update to 10.13.5 just doesn't work.
After it reboots I get an error that the installer resources couldn't be found.....

This time however, my disk has no error (unlike last time)

you do need Lilu​
VegaGraphicsFixup is a Lilu plugin...​
Also help with 5K screens (Which technically are like having two screens)​
Man! Do I look like I said you don’t need Lilu?​
It’s a given you need Lilu for any of these plugins.​
You keep replying to my posts for some reason. I’ve been hackintoshing longer than you.​

My bad I read 'you don't even need lilu' out of context.

Don't have to get so snappy whenever someone question something you write....

:eek: whoah ! ... OK
Decidedly I'm really unlucky :beachball:

I did try, but I have an Apple Numeric keyboard, the wired old one and when I was typing the numbers it didn't work so I was assuming there's a problem as also, when I was clicking in the field nothing was changing as I was expecting.
So dumb :banghead:

I used the numbers above the letters and it worked.

Thanks again KGP :headbang: :mrgreen:

I believe holding down the Command key and pressing the Clear key will turn on "Num Lock" on your Apple keyboard. At least that works for me when I boot into Windows.

My bad I read 'you don't even need lilu' out of context.

Don't have to get so snappy whenever someone question something you write....

For some specific reason you keep replying to my posts.

Anyway, when I say "you don't even need lilu" that's exactly what I mean. You don't need it unless you're using AppleALC, VegaGraphisFixup (the one you modified from another kext), nVidiaGraphicFixup, and other plugins.

Not everyone needs Lilu+whatever plugin and the less kexts the better.

I don't believe you that you obtained your i9-7900X Geekbench and Cincebench scores by running the i9-7900X @3.3GHz, as you state above.

Please verify...

This is totally at odd with benchmark results of other users running the i9-7900X @4.3GHz...
Definitely not overclocked. My BIOS settings are set to exactly what is in your guide in the first post. I have not delidded (maybe later) and not willing to overclock until/unless I do delid.

If you need proof let me know what I can do to provide proof.

Update went OK. First boot gave me a black screen when selecting "Install" partition, but did a hard reset and it went smooth from MAS.

Feels a little snappier. :thumbup:

View attachment 333862
did you first do any update of the EFI partition?

update any efi drivers etc (like apfs.efi) first?

still stuck.

I wonder if it's due to me having 3 SSD in there and it gets confused on which to update...

@kgp do you have the latest apfs.efi for 10.13.5 (non-verbose patched) your last EFI folder only includes the one from 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back