Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp
If you do step 1-4 and insert into
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/
the both files in the Attached zip (layout1.zml.zlib and Platforms.zml.zlib) + rebuild kextcache, you don't need audio_cloverALC-130.sh....

audio_cloverALC-130.sh will do everything automatically... if you have EFI folder mounted...

So Teleda maked a genius script...

1.) If you make a OSX USB Installer, you get an USB Stick with HFS Partition.
Thats just a Driver for HFS Support, like apfs.efi for apfs support...
Ive extracted HFSPlus.efi from the latest MacBookPro bios and compared to VboxHFS.efi (from Virtualbox) it is superior, because you get the Ability to Patch USB installer with Clover at boot time... Thats not possible with VboxHFS, at least not 3-4 Years ago...

2.) Its just renamed, that the users, see that kext and change or remove it, if they have other CPUs...

3.) I don't have Auros 1080ti atm, its still on RMA, I think im going to buy an Asus 1080ti, or the new msi with 3 fans... dunno...
Something different, the Auros is not as good as the Asus/MSI or EVGA Cards... (Coil wine and Crashes on 2050-2075 default TurboBoost3) Without any oc... That sucks...

I still didn't started to dig into ACPI (rename Devices and adding _DSM Methods...)
Because I want at first place to get rid of VoodooTSC, I hate the Voodoo kexts... long story, don't need to dig into that deeper...

Cheers :)
I dislike VoodooTSC too and am trying to boot with the i9 7900X native ID of 0x050654.
I can boot with 0x050654 ONLY if I enable XCPM bootstrap patch:
Find: 89d804c4 3c227722 Replace: 89d804cd 3c227722

I have noticed some interesting details...
With CPU ID "0x050654" the 'Target performance State Value....... : 0x2D00 (4500 MHz)'
When using CPU ID: "0x0506E4" the 'Target performance State Value....... : 0xD00 (1300 MHz)'

I have attached 'AppleIntelInfo.kext' output

Let me know what you find, I want this VoodooTSC gone

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output Bootstrap Patch.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 263
  • Terminal Saved Output Without Bootstrap Patch.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Hi guys, yesterday i received my new parts, i did the installer and i cant boot even the installer. Do you have any idea guys?

Asus x299 Prime (not deluxe)
I7 7820x

Attachments

• IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 174
Apologies for the late reply here it is
I have working audio using AppleALC, Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup :)
I just enabled thunderbolt add on card so will add in device details later

My friend, you have about 20 more DSDT patches! Please explain details if possible to each patch!

a.) apparently you seem to use audio related patches PC00 to PC05 and not only PC00 to PC03 as mentioned in your previous post!

b.) apparently you also use USB related patches _OSI->XOSI, H_EC->EC__, EC0_->EC__, _DSM->XDSM

c.) apparently you also use graphics related patches SL05->GFX0

d.) apparently you also use LAN related patches GBE1->ETH0, D0A4->ETH1

e.) apparently you also use PMC related patches PMC1->PMCR

f.) apparently you also use Device ID's HEC1->IMEI; IDER->MEID... which immediately killed my iCloud account

g.) And you apparently also use several patches I don't understand at all:

LPC0->LPCB
FPU_->MATH
TMR_->TIMR
PIC_->IPIC​

Moreover, you use also a SSDT-X299.aml which supposedly implements all above features and devices in Apple's System Report.

Finally you also use 3 additional drop tables...

All this originates from apfelnico?

a.) Please look in detail which patches are really required for AppleALC v.1.2.0.. The ones you mentioned in your previous posts are apparently not sufficient to successfully run AppleALC v1.2.0...

b.) Please comment and explain all other DSDT patches listed above

c.) Please comment on the additional Drop tables

d.) Finally please comment also on the SSDT-X299.aml and the SSDT-XOSI.aml, where the latter is already known from X99...

I would like that this thread really receives detailed, comprehensive input!

A new approach, like the AppleALC audio approach you suggested and asked to be implemented, must be really comprehensive and explained in it's outermost detail.

Just to post an EFI folder without further comments might certainly not be sufficient for our understanding and further confuse or mislead all readers.... Moreover, if the EFI-Folder like yours contains plenty of additional modifications and details which are not addressed at all...

Please take your time and explain everything in the best possible way!

Cheers and many thanks in advance! :thumbup:

KGP

P.S. Although it looks absolutely gorgeous to see all PCI devices correctly implemented on my rig ;)

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 22.53.37.png

But please come up with details..;) Unfortunately my system still does not succesfully boot with AppleALC.kext v1.2.0.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi guys, yesterday i received my new parts, i did the installer and i cant boot even the installer. Do you have any idea guys?

I7 7820x

I have seen these errors also on my rig sometimes. I don't remember what was exactly the source. The only thing I can tell you is that your configuration yet is erroneous and you are missing essential steps described in my guide! Take your time and redo everything until it works !

Good luck!

I dislike VoodooTSC too and am trying to boot with the i9 7900X native ID of 0x050654.

With CPU ID "0x050654" the 'Target performance State Value....... : 0x2D00 (4500 MHz)'
When using CPU ID: "0x0506E4" the 'Target performance State Value....... : 0xD00 (1300 MHz)'

Very interesting! I tried many times without luck to use FakeCPUID "0x050654" instead of "0x0506E4" but I never realised that I need to enable XCPM bootstrap in addition... That's a gorgeous discovery!

Awesome, thanks you for the finding!
Never thinked of that option, because I followed piker and was sure, that Xeon-W is already supported by 10.13.1, but it seems like its not.

That means for us, it doesn't matter if we use 0x0506E4 or the Bootstrap Patch, that changes nothing, its just 2 ways to get xcpm working...

That means nothing changes, with 10.13 or 10.13.1 at the moment...

We can concentrate now on other stuff.

Cheers :)

Last edited:

I7 7820x

I'm in a similar situation... maybe worse since I cant get thru the plusses. I have been going up and down the guide looking for something I missed but I cant seem to find it :(

Hopefully one of us figures it out.

Last edited:
After what seems like an healthy system, I'm now getting kernal panic, I don't know what to do next...

20171015_081400.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in a similar situation... maybe worse since I cant get thru the plusses. I have been going up and down the guide looking for something I missed but I cant seem to find it :(

Hopefully one of us figures it out.

Oh looks like I deleted the incorrect file. Now I'm unable to see my SSDs when I boot the USB... and when I try to install on another USB (that I'm pretending is my final drive) its not able to work (I'm stuck on step 8 since it keeps saying there's some error).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back