Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Same Stuff!

So I'm just busying this week KGP. I saw you update the main guide and EFI folder. That must helpful to my build and unlock the XCPM! Thanks!!!!!
BTW when I boot from my 960Pro it was slower than a 850EVO. Looks like when I boot the system was trying to search for something. I'll show you later what's the line.

One question, did you ever try to install macOS 10.12.6 on your system? if yes, have you been able to bypass the gIOScreenlockstate 3 boot step with your GTX 1080? Any help or useful comment would be deeply appreciated in the respective 10.12.6 thread! Please don't answer here on that question! Thanks!

Just to clarify, when talking about 10.13.1 we are addressing the Supplementary Update (SU), which is not 10.13.1, I guess?

I just checked your following statements:

1.) The external NVMe icon is indeed fixed in SU and does not require any further patching! Thus, @TheOfficialGypsy, it is not
that the NVMe External Icon patch works again with the latest Clover distribution, it is simply the fact that also the latter patch is not required anymore with SU to fix the external NVMe Icon! Apple apparently fixed this bug within the latest macOS High Sierra distribution.​

2.) I cannot confirm that TRIM is enabled for SSDs natively or OoB, not even under macOS 10.13 SU!! One still requires the
respective KextToPatch entry to make SSD Trim work!​

3.) To me the patching of the native AppleHDA.kext appears as something that should be avoided in any case. Despite this
personal taste, I was never successful in implementing CloverALC of toleda on my ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe.. or do you refer to his RealtekALC approach?

In any case, if you can come up with an additional functional audio guideline, we can implement the latter as a third optional audio approach in the originating post of this thread/guide. Any fruitful and helpful ideas are highly welcome. For my personal taste also, the VoodooHDA.kext approach is more than sufficient and works 100% verified.
4.) One likely stupid question at the end: With @ALL one address all users following the particular thread? Or what is the exact
meaning of this implementation ?
Cheers,
KGP

Yes, with @ALL i mean all here in this thread:)

With 10.13.1 i mean 10.13.1 dev beta,
Not the Su update for 10.13

With toleda i mean cloveralc...
As far i know, we are all using realtek 1150
Doesnt matter which x299 board, there is same chip for all this time.
Not like before on other platforms.

That means, if i get home today, i will update an applehda, that for most here should work, with the right clover patches.

For Trim and external ssds and nvme...
1. Sata ssds still doesnt have oob trim, but you can enable trim with
sudo trimforce enable

2. Im using a 960Pro nvme, this works native oob, without any patches etc, with trim.

Cheers:)

Yes, with @ALL i mean all here in this thread:)

With 10.13.1 i mean 10.13.1 dev beta,
Not the Su update for 10.13

With toleda i mean cloveralc...
As far i know, we are all using realtek 1150
Doesnt matter which x299 board, there is same chip for all this time.
Not like before on other platforms.

That means, if i get home today, i will update an applehda, that for most here should work, with the right clover patches.

For Trim and external ssds and nvme...
1. Sata ssds still doesnt have oob trim, but you can enable trim with
sudo trimforce enable

2. Im using a 960Pro nvme, this works native oob, without any patches etc, with trim.

Cheers:)

1.) The SATA SSD Trim patch is anyway implemented in my guide. I never said that TRIM would not natively work with NVMe. ;)

2.) I already confirmed that any patch fixing the NVMe External Drive Implementation is obsolete with SU ;)

3.) Most X299 mobos use the Realtek S1220A or 1220! The ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe employs the primer chip. CloverALC seems not to work with these chips yet in any case!

Cheers ;)

1.) The SATA SSD Trim patch is anyway implemented in my guide. I never said that TRIM would not natively work with NVMe. ;)

2.) I already confirmed that any patch fixing the NVMe External Drive Implementation is obsolete with SU ;)

3.) Most X299 mobos use the Realtek S1220A or 1220! The ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe employs the primer chip. CloverALC seems not to work with these chips yet in any case!

Cheers ;)

Yes sry i meant 1220, i forgot which exactly it was...
But the point is, 99% of x299 uses same realtek chip :)
With other platforms, there was more different realtek chips :)

Cheers :)

Reactions: kgp
Yes sry i meant 1220, i forgot which exactly it was...
But the point is, 99% of x299 uses same realtek chip :)
With other platforms, there was more different realtek chips :)

Cheers :)

Thats true ;) So if you have a working cloverALC solution for both S1220A and 1220 chipsets, please go ahead sir! :lol: But please.. do not just attach files :!: Please intent to develop a guideline, which I can easily implement in my guide as audio option 3. This would be of much help indeed! :thumbup:

Many thanks in advance and cheers ;)!

Last edited:
on my latest test "Sync All Cores" enabled on asus delux x299 causes a lot of reboots and crashes.

on my latest test "Sync All Cores" enabled on asus delux x299 causes a lot of reboots and crashes.

I have no problems with "Sync All Cores"! Heat? Insufficient Cooling?

@send2moran! May I ask your once more for the EFI-Folder of your 10.12.6 USB Flash Drive Installer, which seems to successfully bypass the gIOGScreenLockState 3 on 10.12.6 with your Nvidia Graphics Card????? It is now already the third time that I ask you for that small favour! You don't respond at all on my really kind requests but come up with a lot of error reports instead, which are however related to 10.13!

Is it so difficult to upload a simple EFI-Folder we are all waiting for?

Last edited:
i'm so sorry, but i don't have a EFI folder for 10.12.6 i moved on to 10.13 ..
i can upload my current folder but it won't help you ..

i don't even remember my flow at the time,
i just remember that i run AGDPfix-2
and then installed the web drivers.
also, try using nvda_drv=1 in boot options

i'm so sorry, but i don't have a EFI folder for 10.12.6 i moved on to 10.13 ..
i can upload my current folder but it won't help you ..

i don't even remember my flow at the time,
i just remember that i run AGDPfix-2
and then installed the web drivers.
also, try using nvda_drv=1 in boot options

Umm.... But can you try to remember and to once more successfully boot a 10.12.6 USB Flash Drive Installer until the macOS 10.12.6 Installation Screen? That's all what I am asking for!

Sorry for this off-topic discussion in the Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra 10.13 thread..

What do you mean by "OsxAptioFix2Drv does not work with the 7820x"????

Ignore that previous statement, I failed to rebuild kext cache. Fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back