CPU
i9 7980XE
Graphics
2x VEGA FE
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I've had bluetooth working flawlessly for the past 2 months, this morning it decided to not work anymore and say Bluetooth Unavailable. I've been on the latest update since it came out no problem.. Anyone have something similar happen?

Note that the fix I found was turning off my computer and unplugging the power supply for 60 seconds. Seems to be back to normal after that.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME DELUXE X299
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Hi! I wanted to share with you the joy of contemplating the High Sierra into my very first Hackintosh ever ! You guys are wonderful and @kgp, a genius, a so generous one. Thank you so much for helping more common brains reach more freedom.

It took me more than 1 year to make up my mind but thank to you pioneers I could make the right choice concerning the upgrade of my editing workstation. Thank you @DSM2 and @kgp for your precious hardware advice 6 months ago.
I've never had such a powerful computer and I look forward to testing it!

I went through the installation process rather smoothly and got the apple yesterday thanks to @franksanderdo's TSCAdjustReset.kext.
Hopefully your IOCPUNumber was correct since I also own a 7900x because I could find how to modify the file with my Sierra only OS.
@jyavenard, thank you for your reply, but in fact @kgp's TSCAdjustReset.kext seems to be missing in his EFI Folder.

I am about to start section E, post installation...
Many many manyyyyyyy thanks to you again and again.

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 SAGE/10G
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Did you see the comment by @RehabMan that the USB port where the internal hub is connected should be marked as UsbConnector 255?

BTW, as I have issue resuming from sleep with the BT adapter (it stops working and I must reboot into windows for it to work again), I've ordered the same card as what @kgp listed on the first post, with a M.2 adapter to directly mount it in place of the existing wifi/BT card... Hopefully, that one won't give me the same troubles.
Yeah I saw that comment I just never used 255 for internal hubs since 3 worked for me. I’ll probaly use 255 when I have some time to tweak.

That’s really odd with your Bt issues. The pcie card shouldn’t give you any issues. I will try an Apple wireless keyboard and report back of any issues. (I don’t have a wireless mouse though)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Ex X299
CPU
Intel i9 7980xe
Graphics
MSI Gaming Trio 1080ti
Mac
Mac mini
Anyone have any idea why this keeps occurring ?

Running in verbose with only ncpi=0x2000 and the AptioFix and TSCAdjustReset kext installed and set at 35, I end up with

“Unsynchronized TSC for cpu 1, 6, 8, 13”

“using 16304 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers“

When running with only the ncpi=0x2000 bootflag, the Apple logo loads, but once it gets to 100%, it just seems to freeze or get stuck and does nothing after 20 minutes.

And this is using the exact same folder that @kgp Supplied in the guide, unchanged with the exceptions that I mentioned aforementioned. Even tried DSM2 efi folder on page 625.

CPU i9 7980xe
Mobo Gigabyte Designare x299
GPU MSI Gtx 1080ti

Attachments

Motherboard
ASRock X299 Professional Gaming XE
CPU
i9-7980xe
Graphics
Vega
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Yeah I saw that comment I just never used 255 for internal hubs since 3 worked for me. I’ll probaly use 255 when I have some time to tweak.

That’s really odd with your Bt issues. The pcie card shouldn’t give you any issues. I will try an Apple wireless keyboard and report back of any issues. (I don’t have a wireless mouse though)
To have sleep working on the ASRock, I had to change the _PWR method for the XHCI ACPI device.
Looking at your gigabyte DSDT one, what value is that method returning for this device?
All other USB devices resume well, just not the BT one. Very weird.

Motherboard
ASRock X299 Professional Gaming XE
CPU
i9-7980xe
Graphics
Vega
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android

Running in verbose with only ncpi=0x2000 and the AptioFix and TSCAdjustReset kext installed and set at 35, I end up with

When running with only the ncpi=0x2000 bootflag, the Apple logo loads, but once it gets to 100%, it just seems to freeze or get stuck and does nothing after 20 minutes.

And this is using the exact same folder that @kgp Supplied in the guide, unchanged with the exceptions that I mentioned aforementioned. Even tried DSM2 efi folder on page 625.

CPU i9 7980xe
GPU MSI Gtx 1080ti
Have you followed the guide in regards to the BIOS settings?
With the Designare, you *must* disable CSM in the BIOS boot section. It will not boot macos otherwise.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Ex X299
CPU
Intel i9 7980xe
Graphics
MSI Gaming Trio 1080ti
Mac
Mac mini
Have you followed the guide in regards to the BIOS settings?
With the Designare, you *must* disable CSM in the BIOS boot section. It will not boot macos otherwise.
made sure i did that, like i said, i followed the guide. went over it more than once to make sure i wasnt skippin somethin.

anonym323

Banned
Motherboard
Asus X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
There is one more thing (but this is as beautiful, as it will get): 45.000 points breakthrough!!!!

It took another round of extreme trial + error + fine tuning:

I had to go down to 4.8 Ghz on the two cores again, but pushed the system with a 101 multiplier instead of 100.

Now we have:

2x 4.848 Ghz at 1.29V
8x 4.747 Ghz at 1.275V
Multicore enabled
AVX ratio at 2

Temps at around 94°C degrees now at full throttle.

It won't get any nicer than that, I guess.
I thought if multi core is enabled Final Cut crashes all the time on your rig or what was your problem related to the FCPX crashes?

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock X299M Extreme 4
CPU
i9 7920X
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS

And this is using the exact same folder that @kgp Supplied in the guide, unchanged with the exceptions that I mentioned aforementioned. Even tried @DSM2 efi folder on page 625.

CPU i9 7980xe
GPU MSI Gtx 1080ti
Hi Ho

wondering if TSCAdjustReset is really loading.
can you have a look at clovers log file?

All the Best
Frank

Motherboard
ASRock X299M Extreme 4
CPU
i9 7920X
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hopefully your IOCPUNumber was correct since I also own a 7900x because I could find how to modify the file with my Sierra only OS.
Moin Herbert

I had set the CPU number to your needs (9). Thus you should be fine ;)
Good to see you got it running.
Hint for the post installation steps:
I followed @kgp advise and used an external HD and carbon copy cloner to create after each successful step a bootable copy.
(don't forget to copy the EFI as well)
With this you don't have to worry that you break some thing. same is valid for updates.

All the Best
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.