i9-7940X
Graphics
2 X VEGA 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I received this connector (http://pcpartsandcables.com//product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=104) which is a 5 pins adapter 2.54mm pitch to 2mm pitch. This allowed me to connect the ASRock TB3 AIC card (or the Asus ThunderboltEX card) to the gigabyte Gaming 7 Pro motherboard. Simply connect the pin as-is, don't revert them as mentioned in another thread.

Thanks to @maleorderbride SSDT, I have hotplug working (both USB and TB3 devices)...
I believe it should work with the Designare too, the ASRock TB3 card uses the same intel thunderbolt chipset, and the ACPI path of the TB3 with the Gaming 7 Pro is the same as the Designare.

So i rebooted in MacOs :
- Your SSDT-TB3.aml in Clover/ACPI/Patched (this SSDT is fully according to my IOreg)
- Rebooted
But the TB3 witch is fully working in Windows 10 with DP connected to USB C on my TB3, is not recognized on MacOs.

RuleBreaker01

Banned
So i rebooted in MacOs :
- Your SSDT-TB3.aml in Clover/ACPI/Patched (this SSDT is fully according to my IOreg)
- Rebooted
But the TB3 witch is fully working in Windows 10 with DP connected to USB C on my TB3, is not recognized on MacOs.

What screen are you using? A USB-C screen, a DP one or a thunderbolt screen? What model is it?
If USB-C, i never got it to work with the designare, only TB3 (works perfectly fine on the Gaming 7 with the TB3 card surprisingly)

If you’re using a TB3->DP adapter, which one? It should work with most.

If thunderbolt, did you disable thunderbolt authentication in the BIOS?
What about no ssdt for now?

Edit: my bad you’re using another GB board with the Asus...

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
2 X VEGA 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What screen are you using? A USB-C screen, a DP one or a thunderbolt screen? What model is it?
If USB-C, i never got it to work with the designare, only TB3 (works perfectly fine on the Gaming 7 with the TB3 card surprisingly)

If you’re using a TB3->DP adapter, which one? It should work with most.

If thunderbolt, did you disable thunderbolt authentication in the BIOS?
What about no ssdt for now?

Edit: my bad you’re using another GB board with the Asus...

Thanks for your help :
- My screen : Monitor Dell UltraSharp U2415 - 24"
- TB3 --> USB C --> DP --> Screen ( i have two connectors : both are ok in Win10)
- TB3 --> Mini DP --> DP --> RX 580 ( Connector Asus comes with the TB3)
- TB3 in PCi 4_2 slot ( for X299 Gigabyte mobos)
In Windows 10 boot without issue : Screen and sound OK

RuleBreaker01

Banned
That’s weird, with what you want to do, even if TB was disabled in the bios it should work, the DP signal doesn’t need the TB3 signalling.

So I don’t believe it has anything to do with the TB3 card, and all to do with the RX580 card.
Do you have another screen connected to your video card?
If the 2nd screen (the one connected to the TB3card) is directly connected to the RX580 does it work?

If you have a 2nd screen, disconnect it, and connect the TB3 DP in to that AMD DP out. If that works, I have an idea on what you could try.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
2 X VEGA 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That’s weird, with what you want to do, even if TB was disabled in the bios it should work, the DP signal doesn’t need the TB3 signalling.

So I don’t believe it has anything to do with the TB3 card, and all to do with the RX580 card.
Do you have another screen connected to your video card?
If the 2nd screen (the one connected to the TB3card) is directly connected to the RX580 does it work?

If you have a 2nd screen, disconnect it, and connect the TB3 DP in to that AMD DP out. If that works, I have an idea on what you could try.

Ok :
I have another screen so I will try with the 2nd screen, one connected to the TB3card and another directly connected to the RX580, if it works.
(here 00:54 by the hour so, I will persevere tomorrow and will tell you after ... thank you very much)

RuleBreaker01

Banned
Same time here...
I’m guessing with just one screen it will work, be it connected to the TB3 or directly to the RX580. It makes no difference really that it goes via the TB3. The DP signal is passed through

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
did you end up posting this?

The Broadcom BT module is a tad unstable in the ASRock, want to see if that makes a difference.

Changing the usb port type from 0 to 255 fixed it for me... Now when I reboot, the BT trackpad and keyboard reconnects immediately.. awesome

Haven't had a chance to update my X299USB.kext with USB-C. I'll be getting a USB-C device soon so will keep this updated.

Broadcom BT module has to be 255 or else you will have issues. macOS needs to see it as an "onboard" device because you are using PCIID_Broadcom.kext to fake the card (wifi portion) to be an AirPort card. I had issues when it was set to 0 instead of 255 (for BT) since it uses USB and not PCIe like the Wifi portion of the card..

Did you take a look at my latest X299USB.kext? Even though it's for Designare EX (based on DSM2's original file) it should show how to match ports properly.

Basically what I did was get USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 device and one by one went with USB 3.0 and checked which port is what then went again with USB 2.0 device to make HS and SSP properly match the ports.

The only things I have left to perfect/test is USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 (Good thing Designare EX has it on board).
I just don't have USB-C and TB3 devices in possession at the moment.

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 SAGE
CPU
Intel Core i9-9940X
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've upgraded from an X299-A Prime (which is basically an X299 Deluxe sans a few bells & whistles) to a Rampage VI Apex (for my OC needs). Curious if anyone has gotten this board working and what I can do to help build some DSDTs for it. I have a working Windows installation and the time and willingness to help. Please point me in the right direction... :)

PS: my existing install (mostly) works. I had to boot via my USB installer Clover install, and it's slow as molasses, but bootable and "working"… ;)

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've upgraded from an X299-A Prime (which is basically an X299 Deluxe sans a few bells & whistles) to a Rampage VI Apex (for my OC needs). Curious if anyone has gotten this board working and what I can do to help build some DSDTs for it. I have a working Windows installation and the time and willingness to help. Please point me in the right direction... :)

PS: my existing install (mostly) works. I had to boot via my USB installer Clover install, and it's slow as molasses, but bootable and "working"… ;)

a.) In my personal opinion, the difference between the Prime and Prime Deluxe does not just consist in a few bells & whistles ;)...

b.) What are the advantages of the Rampage VI Apex in terms of OC? Both, Rampage VI Apex and Extreme are know not to be very handy in terms of OSX. In my opinion, e.g. the Asus X299 Sage, the Gigabyte X299 Designare EX or even the ASRock x299 Professional Gaming definitely would have been the better decision.

Good luck in any case with your endevour ;)

Last edited:

RuleBreaker01

Banned

I was looking at your post to see how you had configured your BIOS to get sleep to work on your Taichi motherboard, but it appears that your screenshots got removed from your post.
Any chance you could post them again?

I can put my machine to sleep, but it turns back on immediately after only 2s.

pmset -g log gives me:
2018-04-13 09:59:05 +0200 Wake Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] due to XHCI ETH0/Network: Using AC (Charge:0%)

as the reason for waking up.
I added a
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
Return (GPRW (0x69, 0x04))
}

method to \_SB.PCI0.ETH0 , but doesn't appear to have made a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.