Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I wrote earlier, I have wifi working well, but no bluetooth mouse and keyboard.
Did you get bluetooth mouse/keyboard and hands-off working? If yes, what did you change in your system?

I use an Apple BT magic trackpad 2. works great.
Wifi works too, and when I start to browse something on my iPad in Safari, a safari icon pops up on the left of my taskbar.
I did nothing other than use @izo1 zip he provided a while back (and updated yesterday with the zip he gave)
so in my CLOVER/kext/others I have for the BRCM card:
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID.kext

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-10_20-2-30.png
    upload_2018-4-10_20-2-30.png
    230.4 KB · Views: 104
Wifi works too, and when I start to browse something on my iPad in Safari, a safari icon pops up on the left of my taskbar.
I did nothing other than use @izo1 zip he provided a while back (and updated yesterday with the zip he gave)
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakePCIID.kext
I am missing FakePCIID.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext in the CLOVER/kext/others folder.

@rauan1

I remember this patch in KextsToPatch provided by Kgp for Apple Magic Keyboard and mouse :

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>by Wern</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
MHgwMDA3MDAzYSwweGZmMDEwMDIx
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleHIDKeyboard</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
MHgwMDA3MDAzYSwweDAwMDcwMDNh
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>by Wern</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
MHgwMDA3MDAzYiwweGZmMDEwMDIw
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleHIDKeyboard</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
MHgwMDA3MDAzYiwweDAwMDcwMDNi
</data>
</dict>

May help you

BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakePCIID.kext
added those two missing files and apple mouse and keyboard connected right away on bluetooth.
will check hands-off next

Thank you guys!

BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakePCIID.kext
Two questions.
1. do you get the message "NO keyboard detected" when you restart your system? I am always getting on on startup
2. did you use X299USB.kext in your clover/kext/other folder together with other Broadcom kext files?
I still couldn't get continuity and hands-off working :(

Two questions.
1. do you get the message "NO keyboard detected" when you restart your system? I am always getting on on startup
2. did you use X299USB.kext in your clover/kext/other folder together with other Broadcom kext files?
I still couldn't get continuity and hands-off working :(

I don't use a kext nor any ssdt other than the TB3 one.
For the wireless keyboard issue (which also occurred with the track pad) I don't pair the devices like Apple said you should: which is to simply connect them via the USB cable and they would pair automatically. That works only temporarily but won't survive a reboot.

Instead, for the first pairing, I turn the keyboard or track pad off. I go into the system preferences, Bluetooth and go into the pairing screen. There I turn on the BT device and it will show on the mac. I click on pairing. That's it. This will survive a reboot.

BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakePCIID.kext

You don’t really need FakePCIID.kext for Broadcom. It already has enough data to fake the card into looking like an “AirPort” via FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext.

That’s why I didn’t include it in the last updated zip.

However if you take it out and your Apple keyboard/mouse doesn’t work well I would keep it in. I haven’t tested Apple wireless keyboard yet.

Remember the less kexts the better and more stable your system will be.

Previous results I got after renaming preferences.plist. Then I renamed both preferences.plist and NetworkInterfaces.plist files in systemconfiguration folder which gave me correct device names. Bluetooth still not connecting mouse and keyboard. I am using Logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard instead.

View attachment 324467

Those EN numbers look perfect like a real Mac. You won’t have issues with iMessage if you are or aren’t using it yet.

For Bluetooth issues it seems you have fixed them.

I don't use a kext nor any ssdt other than the TB3 one.
For the wireless keyboard issue (which also occurred with the track pad) I don't pair the devices like Apple said you should: which is to simply connect them via the USB cable and they would pair automatically. That works only temporarily but won't survive a reboot.

Instead, for the first pairing, I turn the keyboard or track pad off. I go into the system preferences, Bluetooth and go into the pairing screen. There I turn on the BT device and it will show on the mac. I click on pairing. That's it. This will survive a reboot.

I disconnected my keyboard from bluetooth (unpaired), then turned it off. Opened System Preferences > Bluetooth and paired my keyboard back. I had the same message "NO keyboard detected" on start of BIOS. Then whenever it gets to login screen keyboard and mouse works ok.

I can see iPhone's safari icon
Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 12.01.09 AM.png

But when I press it it open empty window
Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 12.01.47 AM.png

Last edited:
Something else, not sure if it relates to the latest changes in my system. Intel Power Gadget doesn't start and throws the message saying Intel(R) Power Gadget quit unexpectedly. I copied the report into the text file and attached here if someone is interested to see and check.

Attachments

• Intel(R) Power Gadget quit unexpectedly.txt
    52.1 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back