i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
FYI 10.13.4 AMD vega works with dual monitor now without lilu & amdvega fix up kext

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
FYI 10.13.4 AMD vega works with dual monitor now without lilu & amdvega fix up kext
I have to use vegafixup for dual monitors but removed whatevergreen.

Are you doing anything else?

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That's all you need, or you can use 1 HDMI and 1 DP. I lprefer the 2 DP and vegafixup.
@kgp have you tried putting the native screen resolution in clover.
View attachment 322127

Sure.. does not have any effect.. I think it is not a problem related to clover.

The entire boot process is affected. Splash screen, Apple logo + progress bar and boot message in verbose boot. Everything with strongly reduced VGA like screen resolution.

As soon I reach login screen of Windows 10 and MacOS everything gets properly set.

No issues with Nvidia GPU with identical clover boot menu settings.

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That's all you need, or you can use 1 HDMI and 1 DP. I prefer the 2 DP and vegafixup.
View attachment 322127

I did not need to do anything before the 10.13.4 update.

I don't use HDMI, so 2 DP and vegafixup kext.

Vega FE is "officially" supported by Apple in 10.13.4 from the documentations.

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sure.. does not have any effect.. I think it is not a problem related to clover.

The entire boot process is affected. Splash screen, Apple logo + progress bar and boot message in verbose boot. Everything with strongly reduced VGA like screen resolution.

As soon I reach login screen of Windows 10 and MacOS everything gets properly set.

It seems to be an AMD issue. I would highly advise emailing AMD tech support and submit a ticket. Maybe they can release a vBIOS update in the future to fix this.

tech.support@amd.com

For me, it's always been the opposite. Even on my 1440p monitor, nVidia always stretched the splash screen/apple screen unless I enabled CSM.

Now with CSM disabled and Vega FE, no stretches.

But of course I'm not on a 4k monitor, I'll probably pull my hair out once I get a 4k monitor too :lol:

Motherboard
X299 Designare EX
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can you update to F4c then reset the bios (it usually does when you update) and set up your settings along with the guide?

Sure, it's worth a shot. I'm in my "summer home" at the moment. I'll try again when I get back to Phoenix.

Motherboard
X299 Designare EX
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just installed a iMac Pro system with a Vega Frontier for a client. I am not slagging off posters and hardware. This is not at all my intention. If you know a solution for the boot resolution issue, please go ahead and let me know about solutions.

The rest of your comments I simply try to ignore... in any case you are no one to tell me to stay away from my own thread...

Others are apparently allowed to permanently slag Nvidia GPUs.. But when I blame the Vegas, you blame on me, perfect.

Cheers,

KGP

LOL dudes! They're just video cars, not a religion. I like variety. It really sucked when no one made mac video cards.

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
LOL dudes! They're just video cars, not a religion. I like variety. It really sucked when no one made mac video cards.

For some people brands are a religion :D

I was hesitant to go with AMD, but I just went with what works best in my situation.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Extended major revision of the guide completed. Thanks for your patience!

Please carefully revise entire guide and attachments...

Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Vega & RTX 2080 Ti

Have you tried both, HDMI and DP? Any difference? When I use DP, I get reduced graphics during boot up, when I use HDMI, everything is fine. It annoyed me so much that I ended up with using HDMI only.

Status
Not open for further replies.