Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuleBreaker01

Banned
I am running the patched 1301 bios. I tried XPM and that freezes right away. I was set to "sync all cores" with xmp off and everything set to auto when this happened. What is a parched bios? Also how would I check the "kernel pike alpha patch"? Thanks so much!
do not use the default XMP settings for the CPU, that will enable Per Core Usage set at Auto, and that will go to 4.4GHz on all cores, including for AVX instructions (which is what makes it hang on my box with the 7980xe)
In the EZ mode, select No after changing the XMP settings to Profile 1

Motherboard
Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex
CPU
i9-9940X
Graphics
Vega 56 (64 BIOS)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
FWIW, I updated the BIOS on my X299-A Prime (to 1301, and set the MSR lock to disabled) and had to add TSCSync kext in order to boot (took me like 8 hours of troubleshooting to realize the issue was the lack of TSC kext... *sigh*).

Motherboard
Asus X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok, so put my system to sleep, and when I came back I got a kernel panic with this. Any reason? I though sleep works on the patched asus x299 deluxe...no? How would I fix this?

Attachments

• 20180327_123502.jpg
    20180327_123502.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 87
Motherboard
Asus X299 A 32Gb Ram
CPU
i9 -7920X
Graphics
ATI RX 580 Sapphire Pulse
Mac
  1. iMac
I am running the patched 1301 bios. I tried XPM and that freezes right away. I was set to "sync all cores" with xmp off and everything set to auto when this happened. What is a parched bios? Also how would I check the "kernel pike alpha patch"? Thanks so much!

Follow the exact settings in the beginning of the guide for the Asus board. You can skip the voltage offsets. The clover configurator has a kext and kernel patches section look in the tabs in that section there.

*patched bios.

Motherboard
Asus X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
All of those settings are correct. Also I went through step by step and disabled a lot of the patches in clover configure. Could I just remove the fake smc for the kexts folder? Would that fix the sleep issue?

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z690 Extreme
CPU
Intel i9-12900k
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm still having issues with hdmi audio and hoping someone can help me. Under PCI devices, I see an audio device in the same slot as my graphics card (slot 1) but I noticed that it has driver installed as 'no'.
I enabled Cavs -> HDEF DSDT, copied applealc and lilu to clover/kexts/other and whatevergreen.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm still having issues with hdmi audio and hoping someone can help me. Under PCI devices, I see an audio device in the same slot as my graphics card (slot 1) but I noticed that it has driver installed as 'no'.
I enabled Cavs -> HDEF DSDT, copied applealc and lilu to clover/kexts/other and whatevergreen.

Why do you use Whatevergreen with a Nvidia GPU? Usually one would use Nvidiagraphicsfixup and Lilu. However, with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 even the latter kexts are obsolete.

I guess when speaking about your HDAU issues, you are referrimg to 10.13.4 public beta, right?

There is apparently no way so far to make Nvidia HDAU work under 10.13.4 public beta. I really hope that the latter issue will be solved in the official release of 10.13.4.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z690 Extreme
CPU
Intel i9-12900k
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Why do you use Whatevergreen with a Nvidia GPU? Usually one would use Nvidiagraphicsfixup and Lilu. However, with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 even the latter kexts are obsolete.

I guess when speaking about your HDAU issues, you are referrimg to 10.13.4 public beta, right?

There is apparently no way so far to make Nvidia HDAU work under 10.13.4 public beta. I really hope that the latter issue will be solved in the official release of 10.13.4.

Because I'm dumb and didn't realize it was for amd... I removed it. I'm on 10.3.3 17D2014 running driver 378.10.10.10.25.106

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
can we use the existing patches.txt from post #1 to unlock MSR on the latest asus x299 prime deluxe bios v1301? I just tried it and my system is booting up with error code EE and stuck at the LED screen where it says "DETECT MEMORY"

UPDATE
I flashed 1301 stock bios then it boot up saying "do not shutdown bios updating". Then i flash the patched firmware and it is now working as expected. I think in the future for bios upgrade i should always flash the stock bios to upgrade then flash the patched version afterwards.

Last edited:
Motherboard
X299 Designare EX
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Finished, I hope it works! I was able to avoid the LED cables in the shield.

First Boot with memory CPU Corsair H100i v2 and GPU attached. My dremel work didn't harm anything. I was NOT able to put the radiator on the swinging door as planned. I drilled out the rivets on the lower drive cage and removed it making room for the 240 radiator on the front. fans are whisper quiet with an idle temp of 27C in a house at 24C. No corsair link. Full power to pump, Fans running off CPU fan header. Fans are dual Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax.black.swap. It's OK putting the radiator on the front as now can add 2 fans blowing onto on the RAM and regulators in this configuration. If I had to do it again, I'd use heatpipe/air cooling instead of water.

firstBoot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.