Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X288
CPU
7820X
Graphics
1080FE
not 8 cores... but yes.
You mean you got GA-X299 DESIGNARE + i9-7980XE to work with Xcode?
Or another... 4 core build?

Motherboard
GA-Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9900K
Graphics
UHD630 & Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @kgp or any other ACPI experts in this thread. First of all KGP- i have been a long time admirer of your guides, really outstanding and thorough work, and easy to follow and learn as you go.

I have after much trying and testing been able to implement the SSDT functions for my hardware (X299 Designare and some PCIe cards) pretty well. The only, very cosmetic issue i seem to be having is that often the APPL,slot-name i assign is ignored. In this case under PCI in system profiler it shows "PCI Slot X" where X is usually "0" but sometimes something else (like "9") wondering why this happens and if there is a fix? it seems whenever slot is assigned "built-in" that works but most of my "Slot-X" assignments are ignored and replaced by the aforementioned "PCI Slot X".

Thanks!
g\

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have struggled to successfully installed the macOS.

However, when I use AppStore to update from D2047, the version stays at D2047. The AppStore keeps telling to update, but after I installed the update and reboot. It still at D2047.

Can someone help me?

Do you complete the update at all? Once the PC restarts you have to boot once the "Install MacOS partition" instead of your "MacOS partition"...

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It burned two motherboards and 3 USB sticks.
  • first MB - lost RGB lights, no USB recognized, not able to boot from USB.
  • second - lost RGB lights, not able to boot from USB
  • USBs that were plugged in when I had NZXT connected to the system not recognizable
Can you explain how you connected your NZXT USB hub? Especially the power cable connection. I had it connected to Molex that comes directly from PSU.

@rauan1, @zzmadd ,

never heard about that a NZXT USB hub would burn motherboard and USB sticks... That sounds totally weird. I am using my NZXT USB hub for months and I do not witness any issue at all, not even sleep/wake related..

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ASUS Thunderbolt 3 Card:

- 1st sleep work
- From 2nd sleep kernel panic
- if USB plugged in after 1st sleep it gets disconnected.

Everyone with this card and ASUS Prime X299 lives the same issues?

I don't face your issue at all. Sleep/wake with TB on my rig works pretty fine...

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just read your guide, awesome work. I have the Asus Prime A X299 Not the Deluxe.

I have already a full working vanilla hacintosh with High sierra i7,

I’m thinking of moving my hard drive from the old i7 computer to the new x299 i9.

Question:

With just updating the bios and changing the EFI on the drive will do the trick? or do I need to do the full installation from scrash?

The update should work if properly done.. However, a clean install might be the smarter way to set up your system from scratch..

Up to you my friend.. ;)

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @kgp or any other ACPI experts in this thread. First of all KGP- i have been a long time admirer of your guides, really outstanding and thorough work, and easy to follow and learn as you go.

I have after much trying and testing been able to implement the SSDT functions for my hardware (X299 Designare and some PCIe cards) pretty well. The only, very cosmetic issue i seem to be having is that often the APPL,slot-name i assign is ignored. In this case under PCI in system profiler it shows "PCI Slot X" where X is usually "0" but sometimes something else (like "9") wondering why this happens and if there is a fix? it seems whenever slot is assigned "built-in" that works but most of my "Slot-X" assignments are ignored and replaced by the aforementioned "PCI Slot X".

Thanks!
g\

hmmm, difficult to say why the APPL,slot-name assignment should not work in your case. I never faced any issue.. It should work as implemented..

Status
Not open for further replies.