Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuleBreaker01

Banned
How? and where ? I dont see any option for this with @BIOS...

Another question : How did you compiled a dsdt.aml with all the errors with the patches text file which you provided for the designare?

I've attach my origin dsdt.aml as an example for it.

Of course all others are also asked if you guys can help.

Once a flashing is completed, I got a prompt to set a different image.

For the aml, I use MaciASL by @RehabMan , there's a link to it in the first post

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
7900X @ 4.8
Graphics
1080TI
Curious if anyone has more than 2 NVME ssd's working in a Asus Hyper M.2 X16 card in 10.13.3? I have two 500gb 960 evo nvme ssd's installed in a Hyper X16 card. macOS can only see one of the drives. In windows, I can see both drives that are installed in the Hyper X16.

I've tried re-arranging all the PCI cards around, but didn't help.

This is on a asus X299 Prime deluxe mobo

I'm wondering if it's an EFI issue since I have 5 pci cards installed, including the two onboard SSD NVME's. But removing my tb3, areca raid card, and wifi card, didn't seem to help.

After re-arranging the cards, I noticed my tb3 card stopped mounting my caldigit thunderbolt 2 drive. It only detects it as JBOD. But I'll work on that after I fix the Hyper X16 card issue.

Thanks!

anonym323

Banned
Motherboard
Asus X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Strange my bios flash tool doesn't do that. Could you please provide a zipped Installer of your version ?

RuleBreaker01

Banned
Curious if anyone has more than 2 NVME ssd's working in a Asus Hyper M.2 X16 card in 10.13.3? I have two 500gb 960 evo nvme ssd's installed in a Hyper X16 card. macOS can only see one of the drives. In windows, I can see both drives that are installed in the Hyper X16.

Just a few post earlier, a user posted his incredible setup, using this controller card with two 960 Pro set in RAID0 (boot disk) and achieving 4000MB/s writes.
So yet, it can be done.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-extended-guide.229353/page-595#post-1707016

RuleBreaker01

Banned
Why the Alpine Ridge should not work with the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe? You even have an Alpine Ridge BIOS option in the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe BIOS.

With the Alpine Ridge you should also be able to also directly apply the TB-SSDT of Mork vom Ork.

Although, in fact.. you promised an adaptation of my SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml for the Designare EX.. Isn't it? ;)

What about this.
You get the ASRock TB cards, and if it works with your MB, I get it :)

The ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE appears to be identical to the Taichi XE, with the addition for the 10Gbit/s lan.
No mac drivers available for that network controller however, only linux and windows.

I'm going to have another go with the Designare. I have updated to 10.13.4 beta 5, it did disable my HP 5K screen just like beta 2 did. Luckily my VegaGraphicsFixup.kext made it work again... so that was a relief. The Vega fan is no longer audible which is great compare to 10.13.3

Going to re-adapt the SSDT to use exactly the same settings as you, that is using the SL0x devices rather than removing it... That way I'll see if sleeping works. If not I'll get the ASRock. That motherboard has a CLR cmos button on the outside, awesome.. Why has no-one do that before... Just again I had to open the PC, fetch a screw driver just to reset the cmos

Motherboard
X299 ASRock Taichi-XE
CPU
Intel i9-7900X
Graphics
Asus ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti OC / Gigabyte GTX780Ti OC WINDFORCE
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a question, hopefully someone can give me some tips

I'm trying to change the device name of the 2nd ethernet port to 'ETH1'. The pathway is:

PCI0>RP03>SLT3>pci-bridge>ethernet

(full ioreg path PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP03@1C,2/IOPP/SLT3@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@3/IOPP/ethernet@0)

As a result I can't use a clover patch.

Anyone know how I reference that device in my SSDT? Or can point me towards a bit of code that could shed some light on the matter...

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just a quick feedback on my new music production build.
Although this is an expensive build it handles audio like no other.
Acustica aqua plug ins are notorious for eating up cpus and this thing just keeps asking for more. Even at full load with all 16 cores running at 4.8ghz and 44x the pci audio never even glitched during my 30 minute crunch test. The temps stayed around 60 c. I work with Live 10 an Protools 2018 and both take full advantage of this cpu's power.

I never figured out the dsdt issue that prevents me from using 2 RME raydats and a UAD octo together. It seems impossible to find a PCI configuration that works. This was problematic also on the C612 chipset with the dual xeons but I was able to fix the dsdt there.
I was able to find a configuration where it booted and all 3 cards showed up in ioreg and the system profile but the system only saw one raydat and the apollo. I was able to find a configuration where both raydats were recognised but then it was impossible to find a slot for the UAD octo. So it's just 1 raydat and an UAD octo for now.
I'll keep hacking at it but I am stumped for the moment. Might be time to sell everything and get a thunderbolt madi configuration but it's expensive and I need to get some music done.

Thanks to KGP and all who made this dream machine possible. The PCI stuff still needs some fiddling but the rest is just perfect.

Sorry if I interrupted the thunderbolt discussion

RuleBreaker01

Banned

(full ioreg path PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP03@1C,2/IOPP/SLT3@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@3/IOPP/ethernet@0)
Anyone know how I reference that device in my SSDT? Or can point me towards a bit of code that could shed some light on the matter...

Mind you, I am no ACPI expert and I'm only writing from the information I've managed to read around there.
something like this should do:

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "NICO", "X299", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.RP03.SLT3, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP03.SLT3)
    {
        Device (ETH0)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
            If (LNot (Arg2))
            {
                Return (Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x03                                         
                })
            }

Return (Package (0x04)
            {
                "built-in",
                Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x00                                         
                },

"name",
                "pci-bridge"
            })
        }
    }
}

should do...

Edit: BTW, it serves no purpose whatsoever to match ETH0 and ETH1... it all works just the same

(about to pull the plug in the Taichi XE, I figured I don't need the 10gbit/s card and can always buy a PCIe card later)

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a question, hopefully someone can give me some tips

I'm trying to change the device name of the 2nd ethernet port to 'ETH1'. The pathway is:

As a result I can't use a clover patch.

The ACPI patch "SLT3 -> ETH1 find: 534c5433 replace: 45544831" does not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.