Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.4 GHz and it is not stable at all. I am still trying to figure out where I did screw up my stable install. I used to get 3800 and 3900 on cinebench, not it it not even at 3700.

Following my conversation on 5 March 2018 with Ray of Nvidia (see post #5985), they should release a Web Driver for 17D2104 today, 7 March 2018 (48 hours)...
Any news on this?

4.4 GHz and it is not stable at all. I am still trying to figure out where I did screw up my stable install. I used to get 3800 and 3900 on cinebench, not it it not even at 3700.

That's because as your CPU gets hot, it throttle automatically. Throttling will happen over 90C, you must get below those temperatures.
Getting the temperature in check with 150i shouldn't be an issue with a 7900X,and the thermal paste looked okay before.
When I had crappy temp like that it's when I had messed up with the thermal paste and didn't put enough (the grain of rice technique is nowhere near enough...)

I will try to reapply the thermal paste on mine tonight and let you know.

I have an Apple keyboard, and brightness is over the F1 and F2 key, and you can clearly see that it's still the case on all the new apple keybard:
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MQ052LL/A/magic-keyboard-with-numeric-keypad-us-english?fnode=56

I change the contract on my mac pro and macbook pro using F1/F2
And if my Apple screen is plugged to my windows PC and I use the Apple usb keybard, i also change the contrast using F1/F2

F14 and F15 are not mapped to anything by default on my macs.

Yes I know. I have real Macs for the past 20 years and F1/F2 have been the brightness controls.

However for some reason now it’s F14/F15 for me. I will try remapping when I have some time later. Just wanted to point it out that’s all.

Yes I know. I have real Macs for the past 20 years and F1/F2 have been the brightness controls.

However for some reason now it’s F14/F15 for me. I will try remapping when I have some time later. Just wanted to point it out that’s all.

I saw a thread here that the Voodoo kext remapped the volume keys to F14 and F15. That must be the reason

Ok then I also don't know :). I have that monitor for a gaming rig here and if I enable freesync it can't boot with CSM disabled and it automatically enables CSM. Kind weird, but I don't mind because it only runs windows.

Only problem, Vega. No problem with Nvidia and this monitor. No need for CSM with the latter GPU.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 18.32.19.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 18.32.19.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back