CPU
i9-7980xe
Graphics
Vega
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Could someone post their ACPI\original\ (dsdt.aml and ssdt*.aml) ?
I'm adapting the Dsdt patches made by @apfelnico for the GB Designare, and wanted to compare some stuff (in particular find equivalent not found as-is in the GB one)

thanks in advance

Motherboard
Asus Prime x299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900x
Graphics
Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
Hi.

Could you try with this kext (that replaces NvidiaGraphicsFixup, no need for both)

I'd be interested to see if that's working for you...
It's basically the NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext, with everything touching the nvidia drivers removed.
Cool, I left lilu in place and installed this and all three displays came up!

Great job!

Motherboard
ASRock X299 Professional Gaming XE
CPU
i9-7980xe
Graphics
Vega
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Cool, I left lilu in place and installed this and all three displays came up!
Great job!
That is very weird, the kext does the exact same thing as the kext clover patch ... Are you sure you copied the stuff as is or had it marked as enabled?
(in the plist it should be this entry:
Code:
           <dict>
               <key>Comment</key>
               <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy board-id -&gt; board-ix</string>
               <key>Disabled</key>
               <false/>
               <key>Find</key>
               <data>
               Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
               </data>
               <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
               <false/>
               <key>Name</key>
               <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
               <key>Replace</key>
               <data>
               Ym9hcmQtaXg=
               </data>
           </dict>
I'll post the source code on my github later today...
Edit: https://github.com/jyavenard/Vega5KFixup

The advantage over the original nvidia kext, is that it touches nothing else but board-id

But I can't think of a reason on why the kext would work where the clover patch doesn't

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Prime x299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900x
Graphics
Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
That is very weird, the kext does the exact same thing as the kext clover patch ... Are you sure you copied the stuff as is or had it marked as enabled?
(in the plist it should be this entry:
Code:
           <dict>
               <key>Comment</key>
               <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy board-id -&gt; board-ix</string>
               <key>Disabled</key>
               <false/>
               <key>Find</key>
               <data>
               Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
               </data>
               <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
               <false/>
               <key>Name</key>
               <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
               <key>Replace</key>
               <data>
               Ym9hcmQtaXg=
               </data>
           </dict>
I'll post the source code on my github later today...
The advantage over the original nvidia kext, is that it touches nothing else but board-id

But I can't think of a reason on why the kext would work where the clover patch doesn't
I have no idea why the kext clover patch didn't work for me. Maybe I screwed something up when I implemented it. I'll give it another shot after I get some sleep.
Thanks again!

Motherboard
Asus Tuf X299 Mark 1
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
iOS

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Interestingly, these patches except one are all valid for my board, but I have a problem. My dsdt gives errors already before applying them and will not let me save.

How do I save it? Is it necessary to fix these errors?
Yes, absolutely.. one needs to fix any kind of introduced compilation errors to successfully save the edited file...

Last edited:

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Oversaw the post... But I would not recommend anyone to set those Core Turbo Ratios settings.

1) not necessary for running MacOS at all

2) could cause boot errors, if one of the cores is not able to work with one of the Core Ratio Settings. (Not booting at all, freezing etc...)

Just my 2 cents...
I clearly expressed in post #5803 my doubts with respect to the currently implemented CPU Load Table provided by @jyavenard.

In fact I asked you at least already twice to confirm or comment on the newly included Designare EX BIOS settings: see e.g. post #5790 and #5794 ... ;) First user requests for your Designare EX BIOS settings even date back to beginning of 2018...

Your Designare EX BIOS profile in post #5973 unfortunately appears useless for me, as I do not own any Designare EX mainboard to restore the BIOS profile.

@DSM2, would you be so kind to revise/update/modify the Designare EX BIOS settings listing currently implemented in my guide in Section B.3) and provide a revised version of this listing within a subsequent post? I would immediately update my guide by following your recommendations, which we already miss for quite some time...

Your contribution and help shall be gratefully acknowledged in any case.

Many thanks in advance my friend,

KGP

Last edited:

BoomR

Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, Performa, Power Mac, Quadra
Mobile Phone
Android
My initial setup back then was a X299-A and the problem is that the ThunderboltEX II Card is not supported on the new Platform. After upgrading to the X299 Deluxe I tried it again, the thunderbolt card just don’t recognize any device, no matter in Windows or in MacOS. So forget about it and just by an Gigabyte thunderbolt card if you need 2x Thunderbolt Ports or go the route with an X299 Designare.
Thanks very much for posting this info - now that I know my old card is not compatible with the latest gen X299 board, I have some hard decisions to make.

Do I run over to Fry's and pay $56US for the Gigabyte Alpine Ridge card for use with my X299-A board? Or do I bite the bullet, return the X299-A to MicroCenter (and lose an extra $30 discount that I got when I bought mobo/CPU together), and order either the X299-Deluxe or Designare EX?
:banghead: :crazy: :geek:

PS... the Gigabyte Alpine Ridge TB3 card requires the ssdt, yes? Or will it work OoB as-is, and ssdt only needed for optimization?

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock X299 Professional Gaming XE
CPU
i9-7980xe
Graphics
Vega
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Again updated. Excess CPU cores are now also removed from the DSDT. This new patch is also available individually.

Only for ASUS PRIME X299 DELUXE.
FWIW, Applying just the removal of the processor prevent the machine from booting (it locks just after logging TSC adjustements by TSCAdjustReset.kext, not sure if this is related)

As far as I can tell, you are removing CPUs that are in used.
By default, with a 7980xe the ones not in use are: CP0A, CP0B, CP0C, CP0D, CP16, CP17, CP18, CP19, CP1A, CP1B, CP26, CP27, CP28, CP29, CP32, CP33, CP34, CP35, CP36, CP37
You have removed existing ones so that they are continuous in *decimal* mode...

The used ones (now removed from the DSDT table) don't appear to be re-assigned to other entries.

So that beg the questions:
1- Does this work for you?
2- Are you using TSCAdjustReset.kext or other?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.