Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960x
Graphics
Vega 56
Hi @DSM2

I'm about to purchase the X299 Designare because I've seen you recommend it with confidence and you're using TB with UAD Apollo.

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your bios settings?

Please and thank you!

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
YOU ROCK!:headbang::thumbup: -- Got Designare EX on sale at Amazon for $399, ASUS PRIME X299-A on Amazon $277 plus TB card $125... How is that twice the price? What am I missing?
The Designare EX here in Europe was about 500 Euros.. It lowered now to 455 Euros.. The ASUS PRIME X299-A here one get's for 250 Euros. If one already has a TBe PCIe card, the price is approx. half of the Designare EX.. If one still needs to add TBEX 3 functionality, one anyway would opt for the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe (380 Euros) and not for the ASUS PRIME X299-A.The Prime X299 Deluxe has a lot of add-ons and advantages, when compared with the ASUS PRIME X299-A, thus the included TBEX 3 nearly adds for free.

Nobody would opt for the ASUS PRIME X299-A plus the TBEX 3 for $125!

Last edited:

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @DSM2

I'm about to purchase the X299 Designare because I've seen you recommend it with confidence and you're using TB with UAD Apollo.

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your bios settings?

Please and thank you!
The Designare EX BIOS settings are already part of my guide. See section B.3)! I asked for user feedback if any Designare EX BIOS setting is yet missing or needs to be modified. There was no further reply.

Cheers,

KGP

Motherboard
ASRock X299 Professional Gaming XE
CPU
i9-7980xe
Graphics
Vega
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
This did not work for me. I removed lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup and put this in place and rebooted and only came up with 2 displays.
Hi.

Could you try with this kext (that replaces NvidiaGraphicsFixup, no need for both)

I'd be interested to see if that's working for you...
It's basically the NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext, with everything touching the nvidia drivers removed.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus Tuf X299 Mark 1
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
iOS
Again updated. Excess CPU cores are now also removed from the DSDT. This new patch is also available individually.

Only for ASUS PRIME X299 DELUXE.
Interestingly, these patches except one are all valid for my board, but I have a problem. My dsdt gives errors already before applying them and will not let me save.

How do I save it? Is it necessary to fix these errors?

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960x
Graphics
Vega 56
Oversaw the post... But I would not recommend anyone to set those Core Turbo Ratios settings.

1) not necessary for running MacOS at all

2) could cause boot errors, if one of the cores is not able to work with one of the Core Ratio Settings. (Not booting at all, freezing etc...)

Just my 2 cents...
Any advice would be greatly appreciated - particularly for CPU and Thunderbolt settings

Motherboard
ASRock X299 Professional Gaming XE
CPU
i9-7980xe
Graphics
Vega
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Interestingly, these patches except one are all valid for my board, but I have a problem. My dsdt gives errors already before applying them and will not let me save.

How do I save it? Is it necessary to fix these errors?
Just comment those 7 lines...

Motherboard
Asus Prime x299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900x
Graphics
Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
Hi.

Could you try with this kext (that replaces NvidiaGraphicsFixup, no need for both)

I'd be interested to see if that's working for you...
It's basically the NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext, with everything touching the nvidia drivers removed.
Can you repost the file? It's empty.

Motherboard
X299 Designare EX
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
512K, Plus
Mobile Phone
iOS
The Designare EX BIOS settings are already part of my guide. See section B.3)! I asked for user feedback if any Designare EX BIOS setting is yet missing or needs to be modified. There was no further reply.

Cheers,

KGP
I've got about 3 weeks of personal stuff to deal with before I can order enough parts to put mine together. I will follow your guide and if something has to change, I will let you know. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.