Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup.. as soon we finish the TB hot plug implementation...

So you can plug Tb devices once the system as booted up? That would be awesome...
Arethe TB devices now listed in the thunderbolt list in the System Info screen?

Feel free to share your working progress thst would be really good :)

So you can plug Tb devices once the system as booted up? That would be awesome...
Arethe TB devices now listed in the thunderbolt list in the System Info screen?

Feel free to share your working progress thst would be really good :)

So far we just reached TBEX 3 XHCI USB hot plug, see this thread... But you have to wait until IM is up again ..

I think you're an OK guy. If you think I'm taking negatively in any way about you, you are mistaken. I have no ill intent. Heck, I may need your help later. The last thing I want to do is upset you. I don't think I said anything negative, but I wanted to clearly state my intentions just in case.

Don't worry.. in any case he got fed up with me and not with you.. the best is not to put too much gravity and importance on this incident..

On an unrelated note... Newegg just cut $200 off my favorite case -- https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112436&ignorebbr=1. It's too big, but has wheels and I can add handles and a cup holder in the 5.25 bay. Any reason this would be a bad choice? I've always loved the V1000 in it's various incarnations.

Well it seems it can handle up to three radiators.. Check where to mount the pump and bay.. Well.. if this is your favourite choice, why not? ;)

Well it seems it can handle up to three radiators.. Check where to mount the pump and bay.. Well.. if this is your favourite choice, why not? ;)

I'm going to try to stick with air cooling using Noctua NH-D15S. If I need to mount pumps for water later I can mill an adapter to go on top of the 120mm fan holes in the bottom. (jk about the cup holder)

I'm going to try to stick with air cooling using Noctua NH-D15S. If I need to mount pumps for water later I can mill an adapter to go on top of the 120mm fan holes in the bottom. (jk about the cup holder)

The Noctua NH-D15S with an i9-7980XE? o_O ... Jesus....

You know I am Austrian and Noctua NH-D15S is designed in Austria, but definitely not for the i9-7980XE...

We are talking about 300W-400W to be dissipated..

Last edited:
Not planning on a big over clock. I'll likely move this Hackintosh a couple of dozen times per year. Water leaks scare me. If I used water, it would likely be to chill intake air coming into the front of the case 5-10C below ambient. That would be a fun experiment but not practical at all. It would keep the hoses away from the motherboard. Honestly, in the V1000, I don't need any of the 9 drive mounts in front so there is a lot of room to do crazy stuff.

Planned Drive configuration: 4x 5TB 2.5s in the 5.25 bay, maybe 2 more 2.5s on the back of the motherboard tray and then the 3 m.2s on the motherboard. Maybe 1 more m.2 in a PCI adapter.

The Noctua NH-D15S with an i9-7980XE? o_O ... Jesus....

You know I am Austrian and Noctua NH-D15S is designed in Austria, but definitely not for the i9-7980XE...

We are talking about 300W-400W to be dissipated..

Noctua recommends it for overclocked 2066 CPUs (165w TDP + overclock). https://noctua.at/en/tdp-guide
Looks like it will handle at least 220w with a single fan. I can mount up to 3 fans on it.

Many of the youtube tests show it holding its own against 360mm water coolers. The important thing for an air cooler is plenty of fresh air intake. Temps inside the case must be kept close to room temp. I ran my i7-6700 on the NOT recommended NH-L9I, using a bigger fan with higher pressure. The heatsink is rated for a max of 65w but the CPU starts at 91W. I don't overclock it and it doesn't throttle. maxes out around 65C.

You Austrians make GOOD stuff! :lol:

Reactions: kgp
Hi Guys,
I'm in the process of building this hackintosh.
Same motherboard ASUS Prime x299 De Luxe and an Intel X9 7900X
I flashed the Mobo with the unlocked bios
I've successfully followed the guide and installed macOS 10.13.3
AMD graphics work nice
Both Ethernet work nice
BUT I'm failing on both Audio implementations
E.3.1.) AppleALC Audio Implementation
E.3.2) VoodooHDA Audio Implementation
In both cases there's no audio device detected.
I've followed the guide and the steps seem pretty simple.
Can anybody help on this?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back