1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm so confused... lol

You asked:

To which I replied:

You then asked if voltageshift reported the correct RDMSR value... Is what I posted not the answer to that question? If is not, I'm not sure how to answer it then... Sorry :(

Did your ever read what I wrote to you and suggested in post #5848? :rolleyes:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Thanks @kgp for this very detailed guide.

I have read through many many pages, but am I the only one who can't make a "iMacPro,1,1" special installation?

I tried 2 different computers, I tried also the script too, but all comes about to the same version number when its complete in the /application folder (please see attached).

Or is this actually the right version?

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 21.48.45.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 21.48.45.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 81
  • info + version plist.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 45

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks @kgp for this very detailed guide.

I have read through many many pages, but am I the only one who can't make a "iMacPro,1,1" special installation?

I tried 2 different computers, I tried also the script too, but all comes about to the same version number when its complete in the /application folder (please see attached).

Or is this actually the right version?

Thanks in advance :)

Don’t ask me about the installer version number. I don’t remember and I am too lazy to check now.. What is your build number after installation?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Don’t ask me about the installer version number. I don’t remember and I am too lazy to check now.. What is your build number after installation?

I am trying to prepare an installation for my new machine with all hardware arriving tomorrow - at my birthday - so as kid I can't wait to try my new toy, so hench the preparation before hardware. (I practically paid for my own birthday gift).

"Verify your "Install High Sierra.app" for completeness. You should now have a complete macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D2047) Installer package in your /Applications Folder."

I would love to know how to verify the installation, besides it seemingly being complete.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am trying to prepare an installation for my new machine with all hardware arriving tomorrow - at my birthday - so as kid I can't wait to try my new toy, so hench the preparation before hardware. (I practically paid for my own birthday gift).

"Verify your "Install High Sierra.app" for completeness. You should now have a complete macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D2047) Installer package in your /Applications Folder."

I would love to know how to verify the installation, besides it seemingly being complete.

This means that you should verify that your installer is complete.

Happy birthday and all the best for tomorrow ;):thumbup:

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 22.13.05.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Last edited:
Reactions: kgp

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Don't forget to include your Skylake-X/X299 system specs (mobo, CPU, GPU) in either your profile or signature ;)

Thanks in advance,

KGP

Yeeees! I don't know what hardware they will get me, but I told them x299 + 32GB ram / minimum 500GB M.2 drive and a new Vega 64. Gotta be patient.. only 1 more day left :crazy:

Motherboard
Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex
CPU
i9-9940X
Graphics
Vega 56 (64 BIOS)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Did your ever read what I wrote to you and suggested in post #5848? :rolleyes:

I did… :)
I'll report back if disabling the xcpm patch fixes the issues (I have a feeling it will)… :)

FWIW, disabling that patch did indeed stop the kernel panics… :) Haven't had a single one since I disabled it… ;)

I'm still curious about the voltageshift result I'm getting (different from yours) and if my BIOS patch actually worked… :X

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did… :)

FWIW, disabling that patch did indeed stop the kernel panics… :) Haven't had a single one since I disabled it… ;)

I'm still curious about the voltageshift result I'm getting (different from yours) and if my BIOS patch actually worked… :X

o.k., thus even after removing the core scope patch, your voltageshift results are still different? And you also removed FakeCPUID and CPU Type? If so, you should also @interference for help.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.