Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'll think it over. Like I said, I already have 1 960 pro 1tb and I really like it. The nvme 960 evo would likely do OK, but VMs are big. Pretty slow over SATA. 200GB ~> 400 seconds?

1TB 960 EVO:

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 16.28.13.png

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940X 14-Core, 10.3.3
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080 ti, .106 drivers
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, my system is working perfectly. How ever recently I added a HDMI 27" monitor, in additional to my DVI 30" monitor. Now on bootup, HDMI monitor is green unless I use NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. Even with "NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext" my screen goes to black once i get to the load up screen(both monitors are black). If i unplug HDMI monitor, only use DVI 30" for bootup, everything is fine. I just plug hdmi monitor after logging in. Anyone know any solution?

using nvidia 106 webdrivers, 10.13.3

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, my system is working perfectly. How ever recently I added a HDMI 27" monitor, in additional to my DVI 30" monitor. Now on bootup, HDMI monitor is green unless I use NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. Even with "NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext" my screen goes to black once i get to the load up screen(both monitors are black). If i unplug HDMI monitor, only use DVI 30" for bootup, everything is fine. I just plug hdmi monitor after logging in. Anyone know any solution?

using nvidia 106 webdrivers, 10.13.3

Enable CSM, if deemed necessary...

Good luck,

KGP

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940X 14-Core, 10.3.3
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080 ti, .106 drivers
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Enable CSM, if deemed necessary...

Good luck,

KGP
Hi KGP,

I just enabled Launch CSM in BIOS, and added the CSMVideoDxe in clover, now it works perfect. thanks!!!

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Shouldn't the read be a bit faster?
View attachment 314378

In fact my read speed reaches up to 2700 MB/s.. did not put much attention and effort when producing the figure above.. just a quick shot with out loops or iterations..

Anyway, minimal performance loss when compared with the 960 Pro and 4-5 times faster than any SDD.. This is what I wanted to demonstrate to @macs_forever..

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 22.26.30.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
7900X @ 4.8
Graphics
1080TI
Thanks KGP for all your hard work in creating this guide! I started my 10.13.3 install over the weekend on my 7900x Prime Deluxe mobo. The latest Nvidia Web drivers (107) was causing a lagging/stutter issue with my evga ftw3 1080ti. I had to downgrade to 103 and appears to have fixed the problem.

I have applied almost all the dsdt patches, but haven't applied the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml yet. Since I haven't applied the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml yet, it might be the source of the problems I'm encountering currently with the pci devices.

1. I'm running into some weird issues with the thunderbolt 3 card. I have installed the card under windows 10. But the card is giving me issues in macOS. It wont properly mount my thunderbolt 2 caldigit T4 drive, but instead tries to mount the physical drives instead of the array set. In the system report, The thunderbolt section doesn't list any devices. But I plugged in a Apple Thunderbolt 2 gigabit adapter and it works fine in MacOS, but still nothing listed in the thunderbolt section of the system report.
My Thunderbolt 3 card is installed in slot 6 (PCIEX16_4 slot). Could this be, because I haven't applied the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml yet to tell the OS the card is installed in slot 6?

I'll start with this issue before I move onto why the native OSX wifi+bt adapter isn't being recognized either.

Thanks!

Last edited:

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks KGP for all your hard work in creating this guide! I started my 10.10.13 install over the weekend on my 7900x Prime Deluxe mobo. The latest Nvidia Web drivers (107) was causing a lagging/stutter issue with my evga ftw3 1080ti. I had to downgrade to 103 and appears to have fixed the problem.

I have applied almost all the dsdt patches, but haven't applied the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml yet. Since I haven't applied the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml yet, it might be the source of the problems I'm encountering currently with the pci devices.

1. I'm running into some weird issues with the thunderbolt 3 card. I have installed the card under windows 10. But the card is giving me issues in macOS. It wont properly mount my thunderbolt 2 caldigit T4 drive, but instead tries to mount the physical drives instead of the array set. In the system report, The thunderbolt section doesn't list any devices. But I plugged in a Apple Thunderbolt 2 gigabit adapter and it works fine in MacOS, but still nothing listed in the thunderbolt section of the system report.
My Thunderbolt 3 card is installed in slot 6 (PCIEX16_4 slot). Could this be, because I haven't applied the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml yet to tell the OS the card is installed in slot 6?

I'll start with this issue before I move onto why the native OSX wifi+bt adapter isn't being recognized either.

Thanks!

The thunderbolt adopter will only appear in section "PCI" of Apple's system report, once the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml has been successfully adopted and implemented on your system.

The Section "Thunderbolt" of Apple's system report will however always report "No drivers loaded"

If you have problems with connecting thunderbolt devices, try to plug the TBEX 3 into a PCIe slot different from Slot-6.

Cheers and good luck,

KGP

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
7900X @ 4.8
Graphics
1080TI
Thanks KGP, I'll try a different slot tonight.

Motherboard
X299 Designare EX
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
1TB 960 EVO:

The EVO slow way down after writing 13-26GB from what I have seen on youtube. The Pro has no write cache limitation. The 960 Pro uses MLC vs the slower/cheaper TLC in the EVO. It would only be a serious problem when copying VMs. Once they have been duplicated there would be little difference.

Motherboard
X299 Designare EX
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The thunderbolt adopter will only appear in section "PCI" of Apple's system report, once the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml has been successfully adopted and implemented on your system.

The Section "Thunderbolt" of Apple's system report will how ever always report "No drivers loaded"

If you have problems with connecting thunderbolt devices, try to plug the TBEX 3 into a PCIe slot different from Slot-6.

Cheers and good luck,

KGP

The Gigabyte Designare EX has the TB3 built into the motherboard. I wonder if the thunderbolt will continue to show up under PCIe slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.