Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
And if you leave it just empty?
No better
Otherwise edit the config.plist by hand with e.g. textedit.app or use a former version of Clover Configurator..
I did it with PlistPro ➧ I can see "Unknown" in the Type field in latest CloverConfigurator.
But no better for "About my mac..."
I still want to thank you

Motherboard
Asus Z370 Strix E
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just curious guys does anyone know what is the Clover 'Cpu Type' for the iMac Pro Xeon W chips? Like to display Xeon W in About This Mac instead of 'Unknown".
I am aware you can change this to a user defined name but I'm after the "0x..." entry for clover

Reactions: kgp
Motherboard
MSI X299 Xpower Gaming AC
CPU
Intel Core i9-7980XE
Graphics
AMD RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@interferenc do you think you can make a patch for MSI BIOS too? :)

/ gx

Motherboard
MSI X299M GAMING PRO CARBON AC
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I might be being obtuse, but is there any reason the guide suggests putting the EFI partition/clover in the ESP of the install target drive rather than the boot USB drive? I've always used a bootable Installer USB to install in the past, particularly as I'm running an M.2 system drive.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I might be being obtuse, but is there any reason the guide suggests putting the EFI partition/clover in the ESP of the install target drive rather than the boot USB drive? I've always used a bootable Installer USB to install in the past, particularly as I'm running an M.2 system drive.

You aleays want to use the EFI folder on your USB Drive to boot your 10.13 system disk? I don’t think so.. right? Thus, please don’t be mean and provide also your 10.13 system disk with the proper EFI-Folder as indicated in my guide! ;):lol:

Motherboard
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You aleays want to use the EFI folder on your USB Drive to boot your 10.13 system disk?
No of course not, I just wonder why you recommend putting the EFI folder on the system disc before install and not after. I usually format my M.2 drive from the terminal when booting the installer off the USB, and copy the EFI folder after.

[EDIT] Actually it seems this post explains it. Hopefully my board arrives this week and I can put your guide to use. Thanks for all your effort, it looks like these will be the best Hackintoshes ever!

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
2 X VEGA 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, I guess I am shopping again, this time for new MB :lol:

I'll stay with my mobo : they are some good news in bios patching anyway and I have time and time is money ...:beachball:;)

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No of course not, I just wonder why you recommend putting the EFI folder on the system disc before install and not after. I usually format my M.2 drive from the terminal when booting the installer off the USB, and copy the EFI folder after.

Why not doing everything in one step? Note that earlier it was indeed necessary to have an EFI without EMUVariable on usb and an EFI with EMUvariable on system disk to prevent errors during the macOS installation. This approach is now obsolete and both EFI-Folders can be identical. Now the EFI-Folder on the system disk can be installed also subsequently indeed.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Why not doing everything in one step? Note that earlier it was indeed necessary to have an EFI without EMUVariable on usb and an EFI with EMUvariable on system disk to prevent errors during the macOS installation. This approach is now obsolete and both EFI-Folders can be identical. Now the EFI-Folder on the system disk can be installed also subsequently indeed.
Sorry I have just found that post I think. Long thread! Anyway there's no reason, just sometimes hard to have multiple systems to be able to preformat a drive before running the installer. I see both ways work fine now, great!

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
2 X VEGA 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Status