How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rauan1

I have the same motherboard :

Here are the kexts you need to put in CLOVER/kexts/Other

Specially
- GAX299UD4SATA.kext
- VoodooTSCSync.kext (adapted for your CPU:<key>IOCPUNumber</key> <integer>31</integer>)
- TSCAdjustReset.kext (adapted for your CPU:<key>IOCPUNumber</key> <integer>31</integer>)

My build is working with those kexts.
Could this help you.

@Loloflatsix, @rauan1, just to avoid any confusion. One needs to use either VoodooTSCSync.kext or TSCAdjustReset.kext... never both together...

@rauan1

Specially
- GAX299UD4SATA.kext
- VoodooTSCSync.kext (adapted for your CPU:<key>IOCPUNumber</key> <integer>31</integer>)
- TSCAdjustReset.kext (adapted for your CPU:<key>IOCPUNumber</key> <integer>31</integer>)

Could this help you.

I will try your kexts now.
VoodooTSCSync.kext or TSCAdjustReset.kext adopted for your CPU and added to /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other?

Did you see the reply of @Loloflatsix in post #5386?
Yes, I had TSCAdjustReset.kext adopted for my CPU and added to other folder.

@yuschmi, does your board have locked or unlocked MSR 0xE2 register?

hmm - I just found this in a manual of my board:
CFG Lock [Enabled]
Lock or un-lock the MSR 0xE2[15], CFG lock bit

Does 'CFG Lock diabled' mean the register is unlocked? Then it is unlocked Sry - I didn't know ...

hmm - I just found this in a manual of my board:

Does 'CFG Lock diabled' mean the register is unlocked? Then it is unlocked Sry - I didn't know ...

If unlocked, you do not need the xcpm core scope Kernel patch...

@Loloflatsix, @rauan1, just to avoid any confusion. One needs to use either VoodooTSCSync.kext or TSCAdjustReset.kext... never both together...

I added all kexts from Loloflatsix, by the way thank you for sharing! Added modified TSCAdjustReset.kext and deleted VoodooTSCSync.kext from the Other folder. I am getting the same panic screen.

I added all kexts from Loloflatsix, by the way thank you for sharing! Added modified TSCAdjustReset.kext and deleted VoodooTSCSync.kext from the Other folder. I am getting the same panic screen.

Well this becomes know too board-specific for my taste.. maybe @Loloflatsix can help you further? Maybe you have to check KernelPM in the config.plist? You use boot flag npci=0x2000, right? Could be any tiny clover setting that you miss yet in your config.plist. Or some BIOS setting...

This goes beyond my knowledge and abilities, sorry.. I do not have your mainboard..

Edit:
What about the XCPM core scope kernel patch.. is it enabled? Is the MSR 0xE2 register of your board locked or unlocked?

@rauan1

Specially
- GAX299UD4SATA.kext

Could this help you.
Loloflatsix
Would you please share your config.plist?

My boot start with this saying that "only 100/256 slide values are available for usage! Booting may fail!"
Is it a problem?

Attachments

• IMG_3643.JPG
    IMG_3643.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 126
What about the XCPM core scope kernel patch.. is it enabled? Is the MSR 0xE2 register of your board locked or unlocked?

I haven't done XCPM core scope kernel patch. Let me check MSR 0xE2

Edit.
I don't think I have options to change MSR

I haven't done XCPM core scope kernel patch. Let me check MSR 0xE2

Edit.
I don't think I have options to change MSR

but you should check whether it is locked or unlocked.. See section B.1) for the checks..

Depending if locked or unlocked you have to enable or disable the core scope kernel patch!

If you disable the core scope kernel patch with locked BIOS and you do not check KernelPM, the result might be a KP like you witness at present. Do you understand?

Thus in any case try to enable the core scope kernel patch, check KernelPm and see if you can boot without KP..

The config.plist of @Loloflatsix will certainly be of further help to successfully boot your system..

Good luck,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back