Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like this?
upload_2018-2-14_16-6-19.png

I tried to copy and paste entire folder "EFI-X299-10.13.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020218" with boot and clover folder inside to EFI, but had the same results. Did I have to rename "EFI-X299-10.13.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020218" to EFI and put in EFI partition?

I think the answer is "yes", but just to double check:

Your USB disk has a partition called EFI. This is what shows up in the Finder. This partition could be called anything. I've seen it often called ESP (for EFI System Partition).

Inside this partition there is a folder called EFI. This folder must be called EFI.

Inside the folder EFI there is CLOVER, BOOT, etc.

I tried to copy and paste entire folder "EFI-X299-10.13.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020218" with boot and clover folder inside to EFI, but had the same results. Did I have to rename "EFI-X299-10.13.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020218" to EFI and put in EFI partition?

man, man, man... ;)... my bad :lol:...

Seems that I distributed for once an incomplete EFI-Folder distribution :lol:

Take the one attached below. I will replace also the one attached to the guide..

Sorry for any inconvenience.. Apparently anybody else was able to compensate this tiny lapsus though ..

Cheers,

KGP

Attachments

• EFI-X299-10.13.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020218.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 126
@rauan1

I have the same motherboard :

Here are the kexts you need to put in CLOVER/kexts/Other

Specially
- GAX299UD4SATA.kext
- VoodooTSCSync.kext (adapted for your CPU:<key>IOCPUNumber</key> <integer>31</integer>)
- TSCAdjustReset.kext (adapted for your CPU:<key>IOCPUNumber</key> <integer>31</integer>)

My build is working with those kexts.
Could this help you.

Attachments

• X299UD4_kexts_Other.zip
    774.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
There are several sources that might cause a lag on your system. most prominent sources can be:

1.) Misconfiguration of your RX 580
2.) Misconfiguration of your HWP and XCPM configuration

Try to check on both..

Good luck,

KGP

Many thanks for your help,

for 1) I have already added whatevergreen & lilu kexts in 'other' - is there any additional setup/configuration needed? The RX 580 shows up correctly in about/system profiler and it seems to work

for 2) I followed every step you described in E1. I don't think there is a patch to unlock a register on my msi board (?) so I left 'xcpm_core_scope_msrs' enabled (disabled it does not start at all - as expected). ssdt.aml is copied in the patched folder of my startup EFI and kextstat & sysctl show correct results. Anything else to do here? you wrote:
What a nice achievement for all users with unlocked mainboard BIOS MSR 0xE2 BIOS register! No XCPM Kernel patches, no FakeCUPID
- does it mean, if it's not unlocked then I'll need XCPM Kernel patches and a FakeCPUID?

Do you have any further ideas?

Best,

Y.

Last edited:
Many thanks for your help,

for 1) I have already added whatevergreen & lilu kexts in 'other' - is there any additional setup/configuration needed? The RX 580 shows up correctly in about/system profiler and it seems to work

for 2) I followed every step you described in E1. I don't think there is a patch to unlock a register on my msi board (?) so I left 'xcpm_core_scope_msrs' enabled (disabled it does not start at all - as expected). ssdt.aml is copied in the patched folder of my startup EFI and kextstat & sysctl show correct results. Anything else to do here? you wrote:

- does it mean, if it's not unlocked then I'll need XCPM Kernel patches and a FakeCPUID?

Do you have any further ideas?

Best,

Y.

@Loloflatsix , can you help @yuschmi in optimising his RX 580?

@yuschmi, does your board have locked or unlocked MSR 0xE2 register?

I am booting now, but it stops here:

Attachments

• IMG_9617.JPG
    IMG_9617.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 164
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back