Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I’ve been a silent fan of yours since the beginning. I don’t have X299 hardware but used your guide to build for someone else. This is the most complete guide of any build I’ve ever seen.

Regarding ACPI Replacements topic, I think all it needs to benefit everyone is to show how to come up with a definition block appropriate for the individual hardware/mb, and where to find/DL darwin dumps/original IOREGs (easily google searched)

What do you think about making it a separate topic and linking to it in the main guide? That way you wouldn’t have to maintain it or deal with questions off-topic to the X299 build :)

o.k. I will think about that and see about it's feasibility ..

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
2 X VEGA 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This post deserves to be it's own thread. This is invaluable to the entire community.

I totally agree with this message.

And now if I can afford for once :

Just two small thoughts about this message and about others messages i readed above :

1/ This tread allows me not only to install and build my own iMacPro but also and to go further to understand and introduce myself into "sophisticated mechanisms" to have the best settings.

2/ What i do with my current build Haswell i5-4460 and what i'll do with my X299 build :
Not only gaming or video edditing but for my job too.
I work on the economics and development of architectural construction projects with renowned architects from Paris, London, Amsterdam.
Notice the big significant evolution of our activity is the BIM ( Building Image Modeling) and poverfull machine with reliable CPU and GPU is needed : and my build is in adequation for using Autocad , Revit, Sketchup for exemple.
I live in mountain in Charteuse in the French Alps and i currently use my hackintosh for working two or three days without to need going on the office of my company.

Thank's for this tread.

Last edited:

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I totally agree with this message.

And now if I can afford for once :

Just two small thoughts about this message and about others messages read above :

1/ This tread allows me not only to install but also and to go further to understand and introduce myself into "sophisticated mechanisms" to have the best settings.

2/ What i do with my current build Haswell i5-4460 and what i'll do with my X299 build :
Not only gaming or video edditing but for my job too.
I work on the economics and development of architectural construction projects with renowned architects from Paris, London, Amsterdam.
Notice the big significant evolution of our activity is the BIM ( Building Image Modeling) and poverfull machine with reliable CPU and GPU is needed : and my build is in adequation for using Autocad , Revit, Skechup for exemple.
I live a mountain in Charteuse in the French Alps and i currently use my hackintosh for working two or three days without to need going on the office of my company.

Thank's for this tread.

Anybody able to read my guide until the end, will also rapidly and easily witness that I don't do the entire build and guide development just for fun or as a hobby to kill and fill my free time, which I definitely would know to spend in different ways than by publishing here in this forum: ;)

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 15.27.45.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anybody able to read my guide until the end, will also rapidly and easily witness that I don't do the entire build and guide development just for fun or as a hobby to kill and fill my free time, which I definitely would know to spend in different ways than by publishing here in this forum: ;)

View attachment 312006

I will admit, I've checked out your personal webpage a bunch of times. I'm a meagre backyard astronomer and admire anyone who does the real science :)

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp what was the template you used to start building SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml ? Did you extract it from your system?

As I clearly state in my guide, the SSDT-X299.aml was originally developed by @apfelnico for SMBIOS MacPro6,1. All credits to him! I just adopted the originating SSDT-X299.aml to my system and to SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 by following the very basics and all IOREG information available for my system, as well as by taking profit of @TheOfficialGypsy 's iMac Pro Dump.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As I clearly state in my guide, the SSDT-X299.aml was originally developed by @apfelnico for SMBIOS MacPro6,1. All credits to him! I just adopted the originating SSDT-X299.aml to my system and to SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 by following the very basics and all IOREG information available for my system, as well as by taking profit of @TheOfficialGypsy 's iMac Pro Dump.

Thank you sir! Going to attempt the same for my Z170 build :)

Reactions: kgp
Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-A
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Delidded i9-7980XE @4.8GHz (Sync All Cores) on iMacPro Hackintosh

!! Geekbench CPU Benchmark All-Time Single-CPU Record ! !

:headbang: !! Multi-Score - 65.358 / Single Score - 5.910 !!
:headbang:

View attachment 307219

View attachment 307220

View attachment 307221

max. TEMP: 63 deg C!!!!!

View attachment 307288

@DSM2, world's best delidder ;):lol::headbang:

View attachment 307223

Hi @kgp,

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while, so sorry for rolling back to a somewhat older topic. I know you provide some overclocking guidance in B2.3 of your guide. I was wondering if this was the method you used to achieve your 4.8GHz overclock (and your current 4.6GHz OC) of if you did something else? Did you adjust any other parameters?

Overclocking seems to be a bit of a black art, so I was wondering if you had any other insights you could share.

Thanks!

P.S. I've notice that my build crashes and reboots shortly after login when using the By Core Usage option in the CPU Core Ratio setting (it's fine when using Auto or Sync All Cores). I mention this because this is how the EZ Tuning Wizard attempts to find the best overclock.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @kgp,

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while, so sorry for rolling back to a somewhat older topic. I know you provide some overclocking guidance in B2.3 of your guide. I was wondering if this was the method you used to achieve your 4.8GHz overclock (and your current 4.6GHz OC) of if you did something else? Did you adjust any other parameters?

Overclocking seems to be a bit of a black art, so I was wondering if you had any other insights you could share.

Thanks!

P.S. I've notice that my build crashes and reboots shortly after login when using the By Core Usage option in the CPU Core Ratio setting (it's fine when using Auto or Sync All Cores). I mention this because this is how the EZ Tuning Wizard attempts to find the best overclock.

I am currently successfully running my i9-7980XE @ 4.7 GHz (max. Turbo Frequency Ratio of 47) with "CPU Core Ratio" set to "Sync All Cores" and "CPU Core Voltage" set to "AUTO". You can also set the "CPU Core Voltage" manually to 1.220V and save some degrees C at CPU max. load. I clearly advice against running this CPU @ 4.8Ghz! The CPU Core Voltages and Temps would dramatically increase. A severe damage of your CPU or mainboard cannot be excluded. Already 4.7 Ghz require a extended and sophisticated water blocking and a "delidded" i9-7980XE!

Good luck,

KGP

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Likely a complete n00b question, but is it expected behavior that if I try to compile:

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "NICO", "X299", 0x00000000)
{
External (_SB_.PCI0.RP19.ARPT, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)
External (_SB_.PCI0.RP19.PXSX, DeviceObj) // (from opcode)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP19.ARPT)
{
OperationRegion (PCIS, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x0100)
Field (PCIS, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
PVID, 16,
PDID, 16
}

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
Return (GPRW (0x69, 0x04))
}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
{
Store (Package (0x0E)
{
"built-in",
Buffer (One)
{
0x00
},

"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0xA0, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00
},

"AAPL,slot-name",
Buffer (0x07)
{
"Slot-5"
},

"device_type",
Buffer (0x13)
{
"AirPort Controller"
},

"model",
Buffer (0x4A)
{
"OSX WIFI Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0 Controller"
},

"compatible",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"pci14e4,43a0"
},

"name",
Buffer (0x10)
{
"AirPort Extreme"
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}
Name (_SB.PCI0.RP19.PXSX._STA, Zero) // _STA: Status
}

I get:

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 3.49.12 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.