Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Thireus I'm not using any additional kext outside of what @kgp provided in the EFI folder. Came home to a panic with the same acpi error.

*Note. I noticed as well once disabled the xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R patch, it prevented my system from sleeping. the display would turn off but not the system. I can tell you now that since enabling, the computer actually responds to sleep again and wakes no problem. Runs fine like when I first was successful with my initial install.

Only thing I changed I believe yesterday was a new lilu kext I seen was released recently which I don't believe has anything to do with this issue. Just though I let you know of all kext changes outside of what @kgp provided

@AnaktuvGod, seems that you are addressing now a different issue and I think I already have the solution.

You are running an Nvidia GPU, right?

In all my previous EFI-Folder distributions, I checked the "nv_spanmodepolicy=1" boot flag in Clover Configurator. The latest release has this boot flag unchecked, as I was made ridiculous by somebody to use this boot flag meant for 5K Displays. :)

However, as expected from my side, it seems absolutely mandatory to check this boot flag in order to avoid a black screen with Nvidia GPUs on Wake.

If your system is accessible via remote access and the mainboard display shows 30, the issue is definitely your GPU!

Can you please try to check "nv_spanmodepolicy=1" in Section "Boot" of Clover Configurator and see if this solves your new issue.

I am convinced that will work.

I just checked it myself.

Using boot flag "nv_spanmodepolicy=1", everything works as expected.

Not using boot flag "nv_spanmodepolicy=1", black screen on Wake with Nvidia..

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage VI Extreme
CPU
Core i9 7900X
Graphics
ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Ok, so this is not the issue. Do you mind making a backup of the EFI folder you know results in KP? I also have a backup of the previous one that was causing KPs, but there are many changes I've made since then. If it happens that I've resolved the issue (time will tell, no KP so far) we will have to crosscheck our EFI folders.

I literally use the same folder @kgp provides us with. All I’ve done was open the config.plist and enable/disable kernel PM and Xcpm core scope msrs. But if you really want the one I’m using alright give me a minute. I’m actually in the bed and have to work 2 more 12 hour shifts this week. I’m responding from my phone. But give me a moment

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I literally use the same folder @kgp provides us with. All I’ve done was open the config.plist and enable/disable kernel PM and Xcpm core scope msrs. But if you really want the one I’m using alright give me a minute. I’m actually in the bed and have to work 2 more 12 hour shifts this week. I’m responding from my phone. But give me a moment

See post #4644.... >>I told you to wait a moment ;):lol:

Motherboard
ASUS Rampage VI Extreme
CPU
Core i9 7900X
Graphics
ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Ok this is good to know and I will take note but I don’t think it’s a black screen issue. My display always wakes fine unless the system crashes/kp upon waking from a sleep state (xcpm core scope patch disabled). Once I re enabled the patch, wake and sleep almost fine...

Now I notice something different. I can manually set it to sleep via the Apple taskbar but seems now it won’t sleep automatically. Grant it I have the display set to turn off at 1 minute and system to sleep at 2 but still it won’t go to sleep by itself. I’m gonna change the sleep settings for a longer time like maybe 5 and ten minutes and see what happens

Something’s telling me I’m going to end up doing a fresh install tomorrow. I am using an older revision of your efi folder as I’ve seen you’ve made adjustments and improvements like 3x that I can recall witnessing since I’ve setup my iX299 Pro

Last edited:

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok this is good to know and I will take note but I don’t think it’s a black screen issue. My display always wakes fine unless the system crashes/kp upon waking from a sleep state (xcpm core scope patch disabled). Once I re enabled the patch, wake and sleep almost fine...

Now I notice something different. I can manually set it to sleep via the Apple taskbar but seems now it won’t sleep automatically. Grant it I have the display set to turn off at 1 minute and system to sleep at 2 but still it won’t go to sleep by itself. I’m gonna change the sleep settings for a longer time like maybe 5 and ten minutes and see what happens

Something’s telling me I’m going to end up doing a fresh install tomorrow. I am using an older revision of your efi folder as I’ve seen you’ve made adjustments and improvements like 3x that I can recall witnessing since I’ve setup my iX299 Pro

To be honest my intention was to attack the sleep/wake problem at the end, once everything else is under control. You forced me to do it already now :lol: .. So I am on it ;)

Give us some time and we will be able to manage.. I guess we are already on a good way and not much seems to be missing..

Motherboard
ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
EDIT: None of the changes below are relevant. System froze just now, after more than 2 days of uptime... :(

--------

Left aside the sleep/wake issue, I've crosschecked some changes I've made to hope resolve the random freeze/KP we're having with @AnaktuvGod for our R6E motherboard when uptime reaches ~15h.

For that I have compared two system profiles I have, one for which I know I'm getting these random freeze/KP, and the second one which I'm still using and currently have a decent uptime with no freeze/KP. Hopefully that can give us some clues about what could be wrong with our config.

Before (KP/SystemFreeze occurring after ~15h of uptime):

- System using APFS filesystem (small noticeable lags, slow boot, and other misc issues when the system is running)
- System was upgraded to 10.13.3 (17D2047) from a manual upgrade procedure from 10.13.2 (17C88)
- Clover r4380
- Using OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi (instead of AptioMemoryFix.efi) which can be found in drivers64UEFI folder
- Compiled FakeSMC's interferenc patched version from https://github.com/interferenc/HWSensors
- Placed the following FakeSMC kexts in "Other" Clover folder:
ACPISensors.kext
CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GPUSensors.kext
LPCSensors.kext​
- SSD Trim Enabler patch enabled

After (current uptime: 1d 16h and still running):

- System using HFS+ filesystem (resolved APFS related issues, see above)
- System was upgraded to 10.13.3 (17D2047) from a fresh 10.3.2 (17C2120) install and used migration assistant to restore data from previous APFS system
- Clover r4392, as a consequence of the upgrade from r4380 the following drivers64UEFI files have been upgraded:
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi​
- Compiled latest AptioMemoryFix.efi (instead of OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi) and placed it in Clover's drivers64UEFI folder
- Compiled and Patched (to have per Core multiplier and frequency) the latest FakeSMC from https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors
- Placed the following FakeSMC kexts in "Other" Clover folder:
(Removed ACPISensors.kext from Clover's Other folder)
CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GPUSensors.kext
LPCSensors.kext​
- DSDT replacements switched to disabled (were previously enabled):
SL05 -> GFX0 from KGP (disabled) --> disabled because not found on R6E
_OSI -> XOSI from KGP (disabled) --> Should in fact be enabled, cf #4654
H_EC -> EC__ from KGP (disabled) --> disabled because not found on R6E
GBE1 -> ETH0 from KGP (disabled) --> disabled because not relevant
RP05 -> ETH1 from Thireus (disabled) --> disabled because not relevant
IDER -> MEID from KGP (disabled) --> found in DSDT.aml, probably relevant to enable this
SLOC -> ARPT from KGP (disabled) --> disabled because not found on R6E
SL01 -> UPSB from KGP (disabled) --> found in DSDT.aml, probably relevant to enable this
_DSM -> XDSM from KGP (disabled) --> Should in fact be enabled, cf #4654
- SSD Trim Enabler patch disabled

-------------------

Above are all the changes I've made that seem to have resolved the random KP issue. Now @AnaktuvGod is getting the same random KPs, and from what we know about his config we can eliminate some of the above changes (i.e. he did a fresh install from 10.3.2 (17C2120), used HFS+, doesn't have any DSDT replacements, doesn't use ACPISensors.kext). So from the list of changes that could have contributed to resolving the issue we can mark the following as potential contributing factors to check:

- Clover r4392
- Compiled latest AptioMemoryFix.efi (instead of OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi) and placed it in Clover's drivers64UEFI folder
- Compiled and Patched (to have per Core multiplier and frequency) the latest FakeSMC from https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors
- SSD Trim Enabler patch disabled

I believe what should be checked first is to upgrade CLover to r4392. I don't think SSD Trim Enabler is relevant. The other 2 changes remain to be validated.

Hope this helps. I'm still currently monitoring my uptime. It's not impossible that within a few hours I get a system freeze which would prove that none of the above changes solved anything. But so far, I've never been able to run my system for more than 24h, so I'm confident.

EDIT: Added more accurate info to DSDT changes.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
These are not devices, you won't find these in ioreg, these are methods of devices. You find these in your dsdt and ssdts. These should not be disabled.

Thanks, I didn't know that! I'll check my DSDT. :) That'll be the next change I make after I finish testing that random KPs are gone with the current config.

Edit: Yep, found them in my DSDT.aml, now everything makes sense with what's written in the guide.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
Sapphire RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
So, @kgp I can report that as of 10.13.3, the Asus XG-C100C 10 GBE card works natively in MacOS in my X99-A II. The only problem I had was I needed a Category 6A certified cable. Once I plugged in the right cable, it came right up and connected as 10GB. I use the intelmausi ethernet kext for my 1 GB built-in card, and I didn't have to add any other kexts. Just plug and play.

As this is a X299 thread, it is not an exact fit for X299 owners, but as others have used this card and the Gigabyte 10 GBE card successfully on other platforms (the 8700k, for instance), I am sure that someone will try this 10GB card on the X299 platform soon, and my guess is that as long as you have the right cable (and 10.13.3, that is critical!), it will work!

If you're interested in the 10GBE thread, you can access it here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-for-10gb-ethernet.239690/page-6#post-1682101

Status
Not open for further replies.