Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do not have to reinstall the web driver. Just perform the steps indicated in post #4230.

Is it really so difficult to follow these indications?
The problem is that when the repackage didn't work, I uninstall NVIDIA and so I can't just modify the NVIDIAStartupWeb

That's why was hoping for a modified installer.

I spose I will have to clone back to 10.13.2 & redo

You need to follow kgp's guide. It's not that clear from his guide but you can upgrade from 17C88 to 17C2120 by creating the "Install High Sierra.app" for this build and then just launch the installer.

D.2) iMac Pro macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 (17C2120) Installer Package Creation

then

D.5) Direct iMac Pro conversions of a functional Skylake-X/X299 system with a SMBIOS System Definition different from iMacPro1,1 and a standard macOS build implementation

But ignore the "Proceed with Section D.3)" statement at the end of D.5 because that's a mistake.

Errors corrected in Sections D.4) and D.5)! Thanks for the advice @Thireus ..

It properly reads now: Proceed with Section D.6) - iMac Pro macOS High Sierra Build Updates and Section E.) - Post Installation Process.

But that's the web driver for 17D247 and not for 17D2047, isn't it? I already found this web driver before at Nvidia UK but I did not download the latter as I guess it is not compatible with 17D2047.

Or did you just repackage this web driver?

I just asked Nvidia to also officially provide their web drivers for the special iMacPro macOS builds on their Web Page. Let's see if they will respond on this request within some reasonable time.

The problem is that when the repackage didn't work, I uninstall NVIDIA and so I can't just modify the NVIDIAStartupWeb

I don't see the correlation between downgrading the OS back to 10.13.2 and uninstalling NVidia Web drivers. The Web drivers only consist of a couple of kexts that are installed in /S/L/E/ and /L/E/ + the NVidia preferences panel. If you need to uninstall Nvidia Web Drivers or if you're having issues with them and can't boot properly there is no need to make a full reinstall of OSX, you can just boot in single user mode and remove the kexts from there. Probably removing the NVDAStartupWeb.kext should be enough (but don't quote me on that).

As for WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.156, that's the list of kexts and bundles that are installed:

Code:
/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaWeb.kext
/Library/Extensions/GeForceWeb.kext
/Library/Extensions/NVDAGF100HalWeb.kext
/Library/Extensions/NVDAGK100HalWeb.kext
/Library/Extensions/NVDAGM100HalWeb.kext
/Library/Extensions/NVDAGP100HalWeb.kext
/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50HalTeslaWeb.kext
/Library/Extensions/NVDAResmanTeslaWeb.kext
/Library/Extensions/NVDAResmanWeb.kext
/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaGAWeb.bundle
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaGLDriverWeb.bundle
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaVADriverWeb.bundle
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceVADriverWeb.bundle

But that's the web driver for 17D247 and not for 17D2047, isn't it? I already found this web driver before at Nvidia UK but I did not download the latter as I guess it is not compatible with 17D2047.

Or did you just repackage this web driver?

I don't think Nvidia is aware or bothering about supporting iMacPro users just yet. *D20* builds are just custom builds for iMacPro users, but I believe there shouldn't be a any difference for Nvidia to allow installation of the same drivers on these builds.

But which problem you have in repackaging Web Driver 378.10.10.10.25.106 for 10.13.3 17D2047? I can certainly help in case my help is really needed and the related advises in my guide are not sufficient. I can also certainly provide further details in my guide if the latter is really necessary.

Last edited:
I don't think Nvidia is aware or bothering about supporting iMacPro users just yet. *D20* builds are just custom builds for iMacPro users, but I believe there shouldn't be a any difference for Nvidia to allow installation of the same drivers on these builds.

They implemented Web Driver 378.10.10.10.25.105 and Web Driver 378.10.10.10.25.106 for 17C2120 and 17C2205 on my request. I already asked them to also implement a web driver for 17D2047. The latter is already scheduled and should be soon available via the Nvidia Driver Manager. I also asked them, as mentioned above, to also directly and officially provide their Nvidia Web drivers for the special iMacPro builds on their website, as for now their is only access to the standard web drivers for the standard MacOS builds..

Update: Anyway and for now, repackaged WebDriver 378.10.10.10.25.106 works absolutely flawless with 10.13.3 (17D2047)!

If the original WebDriver 378.10.10.10.25.106 is already installed, it is also totally sufficient just to modify the NVDAStartupWeb.kext as explained in section E.2) of my guide and to subsequently select after reboot again the "NVIDIA Web driver" option instead of the "Default macOS Graphics Driver" option in the NVIDIA Diver Manager Menu, which will just require another reboot of your system.

Last edited:
@kgp , I have WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.156 installed , modifying the distribution to 17D2047 and repack pkg.

I do not know if I can share it here? or if it goes against the rules.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-01-24 a las 19.14.31.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-01-24 a las 19.14.31.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 132
@kgp , I have WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.156 installed , modifying the distribution to 17D2047 and repack pkg.

I do not know if I can share it here? or if it goes against the rules.

It's ok to share here as long as it's labeled properly with build number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back