Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi KGP! Thank you so much for taking your time to write this guide and answer all the questions here!

I am at step D.2, using a MacBook Pro 14,3. I don't think you mentioned whether we need to download the Install High Sierra.app before hand but I do have it inside my applications folder and I ejected the InstallESD partition with Disk Utility after closing the install window that pops up automatically after downloading finished.

So attached please find the screenshot of my terminal output from both using the script as well as entering the command in the terminal directly. Thank you in advanced!

I really do not understand what you intention to do.

1.) Are you on a MacBook Pro 14,3 hack or on a real MacBook Pro 14,3?
2.) You want to just download the BaseSystem.dmg or all content to create the "Install MacOS High Sierra.app"?
You want to do the steps manually or your want to use the script of @macanderea

I am hardly able to read your dozens of lines in the tiny pic you attached.

Cheers,

KGP

Thank you very much for your guide.
I'm using 7820 x.
Your guide says that 7820x, 7900x do not use ssdtprgen.
Can you tell me why these two models are the only ones?

Because these two Skylake-X models are up to my knowledge the only ones fully natively implemented by OSX so far. All others still seem to need a ssd.aml to properly run XCPM..

For my 7820X, XCPM only works with the SSDT but I guess it is easy and quick enough to test both with and without.

Hello @kgp , first of all, thank you very much for your guide, I was waiting for something like that to sell my Mac Pro. I have been following the thread from page 1 and I can say that you and other collaborators have made me decide to spend many thousands of euros in the machine that I have and I'm proud of it. I am a new user in the Hackintosh theme but reading again and again I have been able to implement each and every one of the changes in your guide throughout this one. With this I mean that I have had several problems but, I repeat, reading and especially "understanding" the guide, everything is solved, at least in my case, I say it for some users who ask questions that have been solved throughout the guide. It is worth losing a week reading this extensive guide and not asking things that already have a solution so that we can allow KGP and others to use their time to perfect (if possible) this wonderful guide, it is a tip for walkers ...

On the other hand, I would like to contribute with my little grain of sand to accelerate one of the steps of your guide, section C. 8 Convert APFS to HFS +. It is a trick that has worked for me, in "Disk Utility", dismount the APFS volume and proceed to erase the hard disk in the desired mode. I do not know if this form is incorrect or leaves waste, to me it has not given me problems.

Muchas gracias de nuevo y perdón por la traducción.
Soy de Valencia (España) aquí no tenemos el cielo tan limpio
como en Canarias para poder observar la inmensidad del Universo...

Reactions: kgp
New OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi are without slide problems, but shutdown/restart is still broken. Have to use old variation. :/

Someone here with a little problem with the on-board bluetooth? Bluetooth is detect, but can´t find any device and it can´t be turned off...
Antenna is connected...

The onboard Bluetooth is not working here too. Recognized but not functional. (So i use an Airport Card for Wifi and Bluetooth too)

Ok thanks for reply...anyone else? Maybe solved the problem without an extra Airport Card?

I can't turned off Bluetooth but Magic Trackpad working.

hmmm, weird...

Anyone tried the new BIOS for X299 Deluxe ? (1102).

Is it possible to get it patched for the MSR2 unlock ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back