Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp do you know which setting in the bios that controls USB power? I would like any USB power to turn off when System is in shutdown mode?

Thank you in advance

Never tried to do that with the BIOS....

Motherboard
Asus Z370 Strix E
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can you pass your system or dumps through Avast Antivir and reload the zip file in post #2913?

When I try to open the zip, Avast blocks at least 6 threads with Malware-gen [Trj] and DirectHW-E [PUP] infections...

With Avast installed the attached zip is useless and can't be opened..

View attachment 302643
I wouldn't have a clue why that happens, it opens fine on my build. Most likely a false positive.
I don't have access to another iMac Pro so what I uploaded is exactly what I have I'm sorry

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I wouldn't have a clue why that happens, it opens fine on my build. Most likely a false positive.
I don't have access to another iMac Pro so what I uploaded is exactly what I have I'm sorry

Maybe it is not the dump which is positive but your system? Did you try to check your system disk with AVAST?

AVAST usually does not reveal false positives...

It might be a question of just a couple of minutes to run AVAST over your system disk...

Can you do me this small favour?

I would not like to spread infections around. We have to be very careful here.

Avast always stops the download of your zip after 13,4 MB. The download is incomplete. I cannot access or open the zip file.

Update:

Allright... I downloaded and expanded the zip file on my MacMini and transferred it to my Skylake-X/X299 System. I passed the iMac Pro Dumps Folder through avast without any issues and I subsequently compressed all files.

The new infection free iMacPro dumps.zip is attached below. I also added this file to my ticket on sourceforge.net.

Attachments

• iMac Pro Dumps.zip
    14.5 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry, no, I was moving to a new apartment in the last weeks.

Allright, do you see any chance to give it a try as soon as possible? Although I realised that the HWMonitor.app was not modified at all. The modifications within 3r75 apparently have been solely sensor kexts related.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Looks like the kernel is new in the special build, not the one we have with 10.13.2. So we might have to wait until 10.13.3 to get up to speed.

@interferenc, apparently the kernel of the original SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 build is from 10.13.2 build 17C2120, while the officially released 10.13.2 distribution seems to be build 17C88 with a deviating kernel version.

Can anybody explain that discrepancy?

Last edited:

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Will the imacpro1,1 smbios bring any benefit to an 8700k build currently using the imac18,3 smbios? Perhaps higher port limit or something else?

SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 should be compatible with Intel Skylake-X/XEON-W and X299/C422!

With respect to Kabylake processors, you should stay with iMac18,3...

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys, I managed to get a few dumps of the new iMac Pro from the Apple store. I got an IOReg dump, System profiler and Darwin Dumper (everything that didn't need an Admin password).

Problem: so far @TheOfficialGypsy only dumped an iMacPro with a Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2140B (8 core)... Thus we do not have yet the sysctl_cpu.txt, sysctl_hw.txt and sysctl_machdep_xcpm.txt for the W-2155 (10 Core), W-2175 (14-core) and W-2195 (18-core) iMacPro...

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 SAGE
CPU
Intel Core i9-9940X
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@levifig , @flymovies

I really think what everyone is seeing is thermal throttling when the NVME drives are getting hot. I have a 960 EVO 250GB in the same slot under the heat shield on a Prime X299-A. When I start Disk Speed Test I get ~1300 Write / ~2500 Read, but after running the test for about 5 minutes it'll drop to ~600 Write / ~2000 Read.

View attachment 302454 View attachment 302455

Mine seems to be throttling right after the first run of read/write then, which seems a bit insane, especially considering ASUS advertises that heat sink as something that would HELP NVMe drives… :/

Motherboard
Asus Prime x299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7920x
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp I have been trying to get the PCI section of my system profile corrected. I don't understand what to look for, what to type in to find it and what to replace. Attached are 2 screenshots of both my PCI section or system profile and IOReg. I typed PCI in the search box in IOReg for the sake of starting somewhere. I am new to IOReg so can you please walk me through the steps in more detail?
Screenshot PCI.png
Screenshot PCI IOReg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.