Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not said one word to the entire discussion so far... What you have to remind me for? o_O

I just remind you once more to be more constructive.. If you reject any minimal solution and you know everything better.. just provide YOUR very welcome solution instead of being just destructive and contra-productive! Behaving like you is straight and easy. Complaining, discarding and rejecting, that's all you can. I have not seen so far any constructive idea or helpful commend at your side. Now you say that in your case everything works perfect, without saying why... gorgeous man!

Try to be a little bit more grateful that others try to solve YOUR PROBLEM! Do you know how much I am personally interested in LOGIC PRO and your personal problem? :wave::lol:

Else I prefer to :silent::silent:

Have a nice evening,

KGP

Well. I have no solution. Do I then have no right to say that I belive other people solutions are wrong? I've tried getting Logic to working for 10 straight hours today, doing everything suggested and more. But to no vail. Should I not say this?

As I said in my post, If you read it, I really appretiate all the time you put into this. I'm really not trying to be destructive. But what I wanted here is to make sure that everyone realizes that there is a problem.

For a long time, you reject all notions about issues regarding Logic Pro and told me and several others that we had not done the guide correctly, now you at least is open for the idea that there might be an underlying issue here (HT, VCORe or whatever).

And that is maybe why I've been so "hard" about my statements. To make everyone undertsand that this issue has NOTHING to do with people following you guide perfectly or not. They Will experience this if they plan to run Logic.

I've yet to see run my provided benchmark and show his CPU speedstepping correctly. His project with 600 tracks of simple to play tracks, unfortunately, does not prove what I'm trying to demonstrate here.

When I say that Windows is working properly, I mean that Studio One (An app like Logic) does speedstep the CPU in Windows under similar load.

And regarding your comment:
I have not said one word to the entire discussion so far... What you have to remind me for? o_O

You know, as well as I do @kpg that you have acted very hostile at multiple occasions in this thread.
Have you not called my findings for fake news, called people incompetent and accused people of lying and spreading false information? these are the attitudes I want EVERYONE to Please stop with.

Thats destructive.

I'll continue looking into this tomorrow.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Olof

Last edited:
From intel power and thermal management document:

There are two registers for this: 0x772 (hwp request package) and 0x774 (hwp request)

Those who want to try can do the following:

- first load voltageshift.kext, sudo ./load.sh
- it prints a hex value, for my system it is 0x70c212f, 7 means lowest performance (700mhz), 0c means most efficient performance (1200mhz), 21 means guarenteed performace (3300Mhz) and 2f means highest performance (4700Mhz).
- please change the value 2f in max_performance.sh with your highest performance value. For example, if your 0x771 register value is 0x70c212d, please replace 0x00002f07 with 0x00002d07
- run max_performance.sh
- and try logic pro or whatever you want...

Required files attached...

Will try this first thing tomorrow!
Sounds promising!

Hello KGP,
I do not understand you did you have worked well a Asus deluxe prime x399 with i9 7980x.
that's all about your guide no?

Well. I have no solution. Do I then have no right to say that I belive other people solutions are wrong? I've tried getting Logic to working for 10 straight hours today, doing everything suggested and more. But to no vail. Should I not say this?

As I said in my post, If you read it, I really appretiate all the time you put into this. I'm really not trying to be destructive. But what I wanted here is to make sure that everyone realizes that there is a problem.

For a long time, you reject all notions about issues regarding Logic Pro and told me and several others that we had not done the guide correctly, now you at least is open for the idea that there might be an underlying issue here (HT, VCORe or whatever).

And that is maybe why I've been so "hard" about my statements. To make everyone undertsand that this issue has NOTHING to do with people following you guide perfectly or not. They Will experience this if they plan to run Logic.

I've yet to see run my provided benchmark and show his CPU speedstepping correctly. His project with 600 tracks of simple to play tracks, unfortunately, does not prove what I'm trying to demonstrate here.

When I say that Windows is working properly, I mean that Studio One (An app like Logic) does speedstep the CPU in Windows under similar load.

And regarding your comment:

You know, as well as I do @kpg that you have acted very hostile at multiple occasions in this thread.
Have you not called my findings for fake news, called people incompetent and accused people of lying and spreading false information? these are the attitudes I want EVERYONE to Please stop with.

Thats destructive.

I'll continue looking into this tomorrow.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Olof

1.) Performed a test playing 300 instances from a real synth in parallel on user request. I am
sure he would also successfully fulfil your last request, although I see no reason to do so..​
2.) How many times more has to prove that LOGIC works as expected until you believe and
finally start to solve the bugs you commit at your side instead of simply rejecting provided solutions and any help for your personal problems?​
3.) Your comments and conclusions are public. You consciously send people not very experienced on a wrong track. Look to the
user feedback that pops up each time after your inadequate comments. Should I just shut up? The last 20 pages of my thread are only about LOGIC, your personal problems and all the rumours you distribute around...​
4.) I still accuse you of not having correctly configured your system. What are exactly your errors I don't know, as you prefer to
distribute conspiracies instead of providing a detailed system configuration bug report one could build on. Proof that I am wrong! Demonstrate that else your system is properly configured!​
5.) I repeatedly mentioned in detail all persistent issues with the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe along this thread, also that I wrote to
ASUS in this concern. That's nothing new and that's totally independent from your personal issues with LOGIC, which in my opinion are simply the result of some system misconfiguration at your side. By the way, I use on my system the reduced CPU core voltage for months, not because of Logic but simply for system optimisation. I just did not implement that part yet in the guide, not to further confuse people with little technical background. In the same way I overclocked my RAM without providing further details.​

Have a nice day!

KGP

Last edited:
Hello KGP,
I do not understand you did you have worked well a Asus deluxe prime x399 with i9 7980x.
that's all about your guide no?

I use the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe! X399 boards are not meant for INTEL CPUs! Don't you see it? How many times I shall repeat myself, my friend? :rolleyes:

*snip*
b) Running the same Logic session while ALSO running a CPU Cinebench simultaneously. While Cinebench runs the CPU frequency is ramped all way up and Logic cuts through the project like butter! Runs well. So, despite Cinebench being heavy on the system, Logic still runs much better while Cine's benchmarking

Hmmm, this is very interesting!

1) CPU Cinebench shows us that your setup can ramp the CPU frequency all the way up.
2) ... Still Logic cant do it on its own.

This tell me that there could also be an issue with Audio apps on certain configurations which could be down to the used audio patch, right? Something Like a bug that keeps the CPU on low frequencies?

I can see that you have 3 different ways to setup audio plus the external choices over USB. Might explain why it works for some and not for others.

Just something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
I use the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe! X399 boards are not meant for INTEL CPUs! Don't you see it? How many times I shall repeat myself, my friend? :rolleyes:

Excuse KGP,
I was wrong, I have a X299 Asus Premium Deluxe.

So is it possible to format a non ssd disk in HFS +, or I have to install a ssd disk and format it in APFS?

Have a good day.

Excuse KGP,
I was wrong, I have a X299 Asus Premium Deluxe.

So is it possible to format a non ssd disk in HFS +, or I have to install a ssd disk and format it in APFS?

Have a good day.

What is a non ssd disk?

Please provide your X299 system specs (mobo, cpu, gpu) in your profile or signature.

Many thanks in advance,

KGP

A disc with a rotating motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back