CPU
i9 7980XE
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I believe I tested it before and it worked fine, I don’t see why it wouldn’t. I still have mine in slot-1 on a riser and it’s working great. Only issue is with airflow but that’s more of an issue with my case since my gpu is right next to the side panel. If you do end up running two GPUs + thunderbolt try thunderbolt in slot-2 and GPUs in slot 3/5. Curious if that still keeps the GPUs at x16 or defaults to x8
Hopefully you can return it if it doesn’t work it
Sure no problem, I will test those things you asked for and report back. I just built her, now I am going to update the bios to the latest version and start the hack. Did you install the usual way from page 1 of the thread with 10.13.6? Or should I install 10.13.3 instead? Also if I do need 10.13.3 where did you find that old of a version? Thanks

Motherboard
Asus X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9 7980XE
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Sure no problem, I will test those things you asked for and report back. I just built her, now I am going to update the bios to the latest version and start the hack. Did you install the usual way from page 1 of the thread with 10.13.6?

Also @kgp @djlild7hina do you guys have the SSDTs and kexts I need for this mobo? I found a few in the past pages, but I just want to make sure I am using the latest ones and following the proper steps. Also I cant find much on how to get the 10G working. I DO see the posts on the main page talking about eprom modding in ubuntu, but I would rather have option of a kext instead. Do I need to install to 10.13.3? Also if I do need 10.13.3 where did you find that old of a version? Thanks

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
10.13.6 is fine with just the efi in the post. 10.13.3 method used to flash asus aquantia which is not the case for the sage. I would start with one gpu first and I can provide the ssdts and stuff once you get everything up and running. One step at a time :).

Update: Added all updated kexts, 10g ports should be enabled. TSCAdjustReset is setup for the 7980xe which we both have so thats good, also has my usb kext so you should disable any port limit patches. Also the base ssdts that should be placed in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. Will need a copy of your ioreg and a listing of what pci devices are in which slots for the rest of the ssdts.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9 7980XE
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
10.13.6 is fine with just the efi in the post. 10.13.3 method used to flash asus aquantia which is not the case for the sage. I would start with one gpu first and I can provide the ssdts and stuff once you get everything up and running. One step at a time :). I’ll update with the kexts once I’m home
Ok so here the report. 1st GPU has to be installed into slot 1 to post. I have another GPU in slot 3-4 and it works perfect. In octane bench no issues. No 10G as of yet. Trying to get the thunderbolt working now by installing Windows 10. Did you say you have the drivers, that would be awesome! Thanks!

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok so here the report. 1st GPU has to be installed into slot 1 to post. I have another GPU in slot 3-4 and it works perfect. In octane bench no issues. No 10G as of yet. Trying to get the thunderbolt working now by installing Windows 10. Did you say you have the drivers, that would be awesome! Thanks!
Check my updated post ;) Ah I figured darn, so you have gpu in slot 1, thunderbolt in slot2, and another gpu in slot 3? is the gpu in slot 3 x8 or x16?

Motherboard
Asus X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9 7980XE
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Also where did you read that the TB needs to be in slot 2? That really would be a horrible design if you can only run a 1 slot GPU in slot 1 and TB in slot 2 only.

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Also where did you read that the TB needs to be in slot 2? That really would be a horrible design if you can only run a 1 slot GPU in slot 1 and TB in slot 2 only.
The manual, though I haven't tried moving it to another slot. It might work? It's only slot-2 most likely because of how the plx chips are split out and the allocation of lanes. Slot-2 shares pci x4 on the PCH (which is where the thunderbolt card shows up in ioreg)

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9 7980XE
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
The manual, though I haven't tried moving it to another slot. It might work? It's only slot-2 most likely because of how the plx chips are split out and the allocation of lanes. Slot-2 shares pci x4 on the PCH (which is where the thunderbolt card shows up in ioreg)

Ok....drumroll pleaseeeee!!!!!!! So I am happy to announce everything is working! This is what I got. A 1080ti on pci-e extension cable in slot 1. A Titan Ridge TB card in slot 2. A 1080ti in slot 5. It was giving me issues with my Apollo twin TB card if I have my 1080ti in slot 3, that would only be if I was running 3 GPUs which I am not. Next is to test my Decklink, then I am done! Thank you SOOOO much for the drivers to make this beast happen! Also the TB hotswap and 10G IS working!

Motherboard
Asus X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9 7980XE
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Ok....drumroll pleaseeeee!!!!!!! So I am happy to announce everything is working! This is what I got. A 1080ti on pci-e extension cable in slot 1. A Titan Ridge TB card in slot 2. A 1080ti in slot 5. It was giving me issues with my Apollo twin TB card if I have my 1080ti in slot 3, that would only be if I was running 3 GPUs which I am not. Next is to test my Decklink, then I am done! Thank you SOOOO much for the drivers to make this beast happen! Also the TB hotswap and 10G IS working!
Anything else you want me to test?

Status
Not open for further replies.