CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
TB works, but apparently no hotplug under macOS. TTR USB-C is only implemented with respective devices connected at boot.

I don‘t know if your other post in the X299 10.14 thread is still necessary, as you are anyway on 10.13.6, which could create unnecessary discussion and confusion in any case.
Ok, thank you for the clarification! I will be continuing to test today and be reporting back. I still can't get a proper shutdown, any suggestions on that? I did use your EFI folder.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok, thank you for the clarification! I will be continuing to test today and be reporting back. I still can't get a proper shutdown, any suggestions on that? I did use your EFI folder.
Proper shutdown? I told you that you need to adopt the SSDTs for your additional PCIe hardware and slot configuration! E.g., the EFI-Folder contains a SSDT-X299-RX580.aml, which is definitely not suited in your case! You should also remove the fully implemented USB kext, unzip the 15-port USB kext and disable the port limit patches in the config.plist, etc., etc. etc. ... Study this small guideline for a proper SSDT adaptation and else take profit of available SSDT approaches provided in the X299 SSDT Github library.

Take your time before unnecessarily posting issues. I guess, I already helped you a lot for now. You should get the rest of things done by yourself. If really necessary, others might be also able to help you with remaining issues, if there are any at all. Just ask @AsEvil, @applemacosxGOD or @Maywitt for help if really necessary. But please here in this thread as you are on 10.13.6 and please not in the 10.14 thread!

BTW.. you know that CUDA drivers can mess up your system? And concerning your multi-multi-multi Nvidia GPU approach I am sceptic and pessimistic anyway. I abandoned Nvidia long time ago and with 10.14, Nvidia is history now anyway on state-of-the-art Hackintosh systems where Metal also substitutes CUDA.

Good luck, my friend!

KGP

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Proper shutdown? I told you that you need to adopt the SSDTs for your additional PCIe hardware and slot configuration! E.g., the EFI-Folder contains a SSDT-X299-RX580.aml, which is definitely not suited in your case! You should also remove the fully implemented USB kext, unzip the 15-port USB kext and disable the port limit patches in the config.plist, etc., etc. etc. ...

Take your time before unnecessarily posting issues. I guess, I already helped you a lot for now. You should get the rest of things done by yourself. If really necessary, others might be also able to help your with remaining issues, if there are any at all.

Good luck,

KGP
I guess I should have mentioned I did do that. I swapped the RX580.aml for the Nvidia.aml and I have nothing in the PCI-e slots as of now, just the 1080ti in slot one. I also used the 15 port usb kext. I also disabled the mojave usb kexts. Here is the efi folder attached. I followed all your steps so far. I really do appreciate your help, and taking your time with all of us non Jedi`s!

Motherboard
Asus X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I guess I should have mentioned I did do that. I swapped the RX580.aml for the Nvidia.aml and I have nothing in the PCI-e slots as of now, just the 1080ti in slot one. I also used the 15 port usb kext. I also disabled the mojave usb kexts. Here is the efi folder attached. I followed all your steps so far. I really do appreciate your help, and taking your time with all of us non Jedi`s!

Attachments

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
My friend, you cannot just copy and paste the Nvida SSDT from the Github Library.

Compare PCI path and PCI replacements in SSDT-X299-RX580.aml for slot-1 of the Deluxe II with those in the Nvidia SSDT for slot-1 on the Deluxe! They are different!

In my previous post I already provided you with a link to a guideline how to properly adopt a SSDT based on the original ACPI information (IOREG).

After properly adapting/modifying the Nvidia SSDT for slot-1 on your Deluxe II system, confirm the proper SSDT implementation again by means of IOREG and Section "PCI" of Apple's system report!

I am answering your questions now already for one hour although I do not provide user specific support for now. It really makes no sense that you try to do things in a rush. You should carefully read the guidelines, understand the underlaying basics and try to get things properly done in consequence. Just take the necessary time for doing it! And you will need to do it anyway if you really aim at adding multi-multi-multi Nvida GPUs and eGPUs to a 3x x16 PCIe slot board.. ;)

It is midnight here.. Off to bed... All the best for your endeavour.

KGP

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
My friend, you cannot just copy and paste the Nvida SSDT from the Github Library.

Compare PCI path and PCI replacements in SSDT-X299-RX580.aml for slot-1 of the Deluxe II with those in the Nvidia SSDT for slot-1 on the Deluxe! They are different!

In my previous post I already provided you with a link to a guideline how to properly adopt a SSDT based on the original ACPI information (IOREG).

After properly adapting/modifying the Nvidia SSDT for slot-1 on your Deluxe II system, confirm the proper SSDT implementation again by means of IOREG and Section "PCI" of Apple's system report!

I am answering your questions now already for one hour although I do not provide user specific support for now. It really makes no sense that you try to do things in a rush. You should carefully read the guidelines, understand the underlaying basics and try to get things properly done in consequence. Just take the necessary time for doing it!

It is midnight here.. Off to bed... All the best for your endeavour.

KGP

Thank you as always I will take your advice and be working away. Goodnight KGP! Thanks again!

Reactions: kgp

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you as always I will take your advice and be working away. Goodnight KGP! Thanks again!
One last comment before jumping to bed... Ever thought on implementing Vega 64/Radeon VII GPUs and Radeon VII eGPUs instead of your multi Nvidia GPU approach? There is yet no native implementation for Radeon VII GPUs/eGPUs by Apple and one still has to see if the Radeon VII can be used at all on X299/X99 systems OoB after a proper native macOS implementation. But in my personal opinion, that's really something you should think about. Nvidia under macOS will be just painful for your endeavour. And after all, I don't know if it would not be more clever to change to the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G (7x x16 PCIe slots) + GC-TTR PCIe adapter in this case. If I would have the necessary budget, I would do the change to the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G even in my case.

Good night,

KGP

Motherboard
Asus X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
One last comment before jumping to bed... Ever thought on implementing Vega 64/Radeon VII GPUs and Radeon VII eGPUs instead of your multi Nvidia GPU approach? There is yet no native implementation for Radeon VII GPUs/eGPUs by Apple and one still has to see if the Radeon VII can be used at all on X299/X99 systems OoB after a proper native macOS implementation. But in my personal opinion, that's really something you should think about. Nvidia under macOS will be just painful for your endeavour. And after all, I don't know if it would not be more clever to change to the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G (7x x16 PCIe slots) + GC-TTR PCIe adapter in this case.

Good night,

KGP
Yes, I really have thought about that. The main problem a lot of us have is that all the 3D rendering apps such as Octane and Redshift ONLY uses Nvidia Cuda enabled GPUs for render power, so as of now we are stuck with 10.13.6 and Nvidia. I wish I could run an ATI, I have in a Mojave build and it was perfect! I think the best thing now is to run one 1080ti in 10.13.6 and buy a server to run the rest of the GPUs and do a network render solution over 10G.

Motherboard
Asus X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Ok I followed your instructions and updated my clover by just using your last 10.13.6 SU EFI-Folder distribution. I also updated the WEG and Lilu kexts. I also changed the integer to 35 since my CPU is a 7980XE. I booted up again and same kernel panic. Also I have been looking for the proper SSDTs and USB kexts for the GA-X299-Designare EX board do you have those? Thank you so much!

Attachments

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok I followed your instructions and updated my clover by just using your last 10.13.6 SU EFI-Folder distribution. I also updated the WEG and Lilu kexts. I also changed the integer to 35 since my CPU is a 7980XE. I booted up again and same kernel panic. Also I have been looking for the proper SSDTs and USB kexts for the GA-X299-Designare EX board do you have those? Thank you so much!
Dude... you now do not have any TSCAdjustReset.kext in your EFI-Folder. o_O Once a properly adapted TSCAdjustReset.kext is back in your EFI-Folder, your Designare EX system should boot now with your current EFI-Folder configuration.

Anyway, at first place try to boot with one Nvidia GPU only.

Revise your BIOS settings in case the boot problem still remains. Also try to enable/disable "above 4G decoding".

I do not have any save of SSDTs I might have created for the Designare EX once. You can only investigate both X299 threads, if I attached such SSDTs once.

There are also no XHC USB kexts for the Designare EX yet available in the respective Github library, as no Designare EX user was providing or willing in helping to provide the latter. Thus you will have to come up with new Designare EX XHC USB kexts in any case.

Last but not least, TB HotPlug will also not work with the onboard Alpine Ridge controller of the Designare EX, thus I really don't know what for all these efforts..

You do not want to directly switch to the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G + GC-Titan Ridge controller?

Well I don't want to spend again my entire day here in this forum and I have to arrange several things in real life for now. Thus, I just hope that you take the correct decision how to proceed with your endeavours in line with your personal skills. In any case, for the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G + GC-Titan Ridge controller you would have SSDTs and XHC USB kexts already available and also TTR TB would work including TB and USB-C HotPlug and sleep/wake as well as the two onboard 10GB NICs would be fully functional after following my respective guidelines.

As you already returned the Deluxe II and in case you would also sell your Designare EX, the resulting budget should be more than sufficient to go for the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G + GC-Titan Ridge controller solution, where also @djlild7hina can provide help and support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.