Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
If I want to switch back and forth between the Hackintosh and Windows 10 is there a way to save multiple bios settings and recall the one that I want to use on startup? I am using an ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe motherboard.

Motherboard
MSI H81M-P33
CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
GTX 750
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
If I want to switch back and forth between the Hackintosh and Windows 10 is there a way to save multiple bios settings and recall the one that I want to use on startup? I am using an ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe motherboard.
Not a good idea. Whatever bios settings work okay with macOS, just stay with those same settings when running Windows. Of course, keep separate operating systems on separate physical boot drives.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
How/where do I enable the USB port limit patch as described here? Am I doing this somewhere in the Clover Configurator?

Enable USB port limit patch:

Valid USB port limit patch for 10.13.6 SU provided by ©PMHeart and hardwired but yet disabled in my respective EFI-Folder distribution:

Code:
kext     : com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find     : 837D880F 0F83A704 0000
Replace  : 837D880F 90909090 9090
Name     : USB Port Limit Patch ©PMHeart

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Sorry...never mind...I found it in the Clover Configurator.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Pro
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thanks for sharing!

A couple notes after I finally got installation to work on my i9-7900x and Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 and using PB5:
  • I had to use a blank drive that was already formatted to Mac extended journal. My fresh out of box SSD did not even show up in Disk Manager. Once formatted using a USB enclosure and my MacBook, it finally showed up upon installation boot. Basically, Disk Manager does nothing in the PB5 installation disk. This is the case for both SATA and NVME. I would think this will not be an issue once High Sierra is official launched.
  • Using the OP's EFI, I got random stop errors right at the start of boot on the USB installation drive, but reset and trying again completes installation. Once installed on my SSD, no problems with boot.
  • My USB ports are randomly working and not.
  • As OP said, the performance of the Gigabyte is not 100%. I think this is due to the state of the Gigabyte BIOS and enabling XCMP. I have already reported some BIOS features not working, even in Windows, to Gigabyte. I'm sure things will stabilize in the near future.
  • Not sure what the "Pre-Boot FileVault" boot option is on the Clover boot screen.
  • Not sure if it's good or bad to use the new APFS file system. I've read conflicting reports. I had my drive pre-formated to standard extended journaled and I don't think PB5 installation changed that.
I don't know how much more I can try to do given that the Gigabyte BIOS is still beta (F7I) and there are no nVidia web drivers for my Titan xP. It also looks like we need the DEV community help with x299 USB ports. USB 2.0 works ok, but 3.0 is just totally random. I seriously doubt 3.1 works, but don't have anyway of testing.

However, I do have better confidence now that full support will eventually come, perhaps later this year with the iMac Pro launch. This is all speculative of course.

Hi,bro,can you share you efi fold to me? i have same config like you ,but i can't setup,this is my issue
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...assertion-failed-on-first-time-reboot.274930/

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I'm experiencing an issue with Thunderbolt.
Thunderbolt on the Sage WS X299 is implemented as per the guide (see attachment).
All the Thunderbolt 3 and 2 devices tested work with Hot Swap and the Gigabyte Titan Ridge PCIe Card:
Apogee Element Thunderbolt 2 audio card, BlackMagic UltraStudio Mini Monitor, Thunderbolt HDDs/SSDs.

BUT one Thunderbolt 1 device that I need to edit video is not recognised at all. It doesn't show up in IOReg at all.
The device not working is the BlackMagic Design UltraStudio 3D.
This device happily works on my MacBook Pro 2017 and EVEN on a 3 years old Gigabyte motherboard with integrated Thunderbolt, the Gigabyte Z170X UD5TH. But again this card is not seen at all in my system.

I tested with the very same EFI and TH3 SSDT 3 cards:
- Gigabyte Titan Ridge (Main choice): see above, a lot of devices work with hot swap.
- Gigabyte Alpine Ridge: this card works bad, no devices recognised at all. Same slot, same SSDT. It could be I have to reset the Bios?
- Asus Thunderbolt EX 3: this card works bad, no devices recognised at all. Same slot, same SSDT. It could be I have to reset the Bios?

Does anyone have an advice, or something I could try to fix the situation?
Thanks all in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-07 at 10.43.53.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-07 at 10.43.53.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 44
Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Please help. I have spent days trying to follow the steps on the first page of this post and I cant get my system to boot the point of running the High Sierra installer.

I get to these two screen and then it crashes. I eventually see a circle with a line through it.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
I do not understand the purpose of the steps in section C.8 if I am erasing the flash drive when I get to step D.3.

8.) Already during the first Beta Versions of macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Apple forced the beta users to use the new Apple file system APFS in case of a Clean Install/update of MacOS High Sierra 10.13. Also within macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65) and 1.13.6 SU (17G3025) this is the case. Most APSF incompatibilities with available system related software apparently have been already removed. All recent versions of Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) support the direct cloning of APFS system disks and provide the previously missing option for APFS system backups. Until Boot-Loader Distribution Clover_v2.4k_r4210, it was also impossible to install the Clover Boot-Loader in the EFI-Partition of an APFS System Disk by means of the Clover Boot-Loader Installer Package (the Clover Boot-Loader files had to be added manually). However, all recent Clover Boot-Loader Distributions work absolutely flawless with APFS System Disks.

Do I need to use @Brumbear's UnSolid.kext? It's not clear if this is essential or optional.

I performed the following command...but what I am I supposed to put on this "iMacPro" partition?

diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk2 GPT JHFS+ iMacPro 0b

Is the apfs convert step essential or optional?

diskutil apfs convert /dev/diskX

Step 10...did not have a clue what this meant or what to do here. I skipped this step.

10.) Lilu and Lilu Plugin distribution remarks:

To access, download and compile the actual but not yet officially released Lilu and Lilu plugin distributions, follow these links:

a.) Lilu Source distribution
b.) AppleALC Source Distribution
c.) Whatevergreen

Step D.3 is a bit confusing...I am erasing the "iMacPro" partition that I created in step C.8?

D.3) iMac Pro macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65) USB Flash Drive Installer Creation

Follow the individual steps detailed below to successfully create a bootable iMac Pro macOS High Sierra macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65) USB Flash Drive Installer.

1.) Format a USB Flash Drive of your choice (source, named USB) with HFS+ [(Mac OS Extended (Journaled)] and a GUID partition table by means of Apple's Disk Utility on any other Hackintosh or Mac of your choice. This will create an empty HFS+ Partition and a yet empty EFI-partition on your iMac Pro macOS USB Flash Drive Installer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Motherboard
ASRock X299E-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-7820X
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
I get to these two screen and then it crashes. I eventually see a circle with a line through it.
Maybe try another USB-Port.
Way back when i was installing for the first times not every port was usable for the installation steps after first boot to clover boot screen.
Try the USB 3.1 port first.
Do I need to use @Brumbear's UnSolid.kext? It's not clear if this is essential or optional.
I don't think you need it. It is not essential.

Unfortunately i have no answers for your other questions.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I'm experiencing an issue with Thunderbolt.
Thunderbolt on the Sage WS X299 is implemented as per the guide (see attachment).
All the Thunderbolt 3 and 2 devices tested work with Hot Swap and the Gigabyte Titan Ridge PCIe Card:
Apogee Element Thunderbolt 2 audio card, BlackMagic UltraStudio Mini Monitor, Thunderbolt HDDs/SSDs.

BUT one Thunderbolt 1 device that I need to edit video is not recognised at all. It doesn't show up in IOReg at all.
The device not working is the BlackMagic Design UltraStudio 3D.
This device happily works on my MacBook Pro 2017 and EVEN on a 3 years old Gigabyte motherboard with integrated Thunderbolt, the Gigabyte Z170X UD5TH. But again this card is not seen at all in my system.

I tested with the very same EFI and TH3 SSDT 3 cards:
- Gigabyte Titan Ridge (Main choice): see above, a lot of devices work with hot swap.
- Gigabyte Alpine Ridge: this card works bad, no devices recognised at all. Same slot, same SSDT. It could be I have to reset the Bios?
- Asus Thunderbolt EX 3: this card works bad, no devices recognised at all. Same slot, same SSDT. It could be I have to reset the Bios?

Does anyone have an advice, or something I could try to fix the situation?
Thanks all in advance.

I don't think that your problem with the BlackMagic Design UltraStudio 3D is an issue caused by the current TB SSDT implementation, moreover as you report yourself that your current TB implementation is working for all other TB devices including HotPlug. I do not use this TB device myself and I do not know if it requires certain drivers which refuse to properly work with Hacktinosh TB implementations or requires a local TB node an and TB bus drivers not implemented on Hackintosh systems either. In any case, I would assume that your BlackMagic Design UltraStudio 3D issue is device specific.

To your other general statements about available TB adapters and the current TB3HP SSDT implementation: as clearly outlined in my guide, I achieved best and most reliable performance and results with the TTR, good performance/results with the APR (I hardly remember if for HotPlug with the latter the THB_C must be removed in any case) and not very reliable performance/results with the TBEX 3, which I totally dropped from my systems in any case. In addition, the TB performance rather seems hardware and not SSDT dependent and varies moreover from motherboard to motherboard or even likely for each particular TB device in use.

Concerning the BlackMagic Design UltraStudio 3D, I can just recommend to properly initialise the latter under Windows, with the hope that by this it will be also properly recognised under macOS. Maybe somebody with the same BlackMagic Design UltraStudio 3D TB device might be of more help in this particular issue in any case.

Good luck and all the best,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.