Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Talking about the Vega being part of the iMacPro, it does work OoB on the respective Apple device. Also all commercial Vegas including the Vega Frontier do also work OoB on Hackintosh systems, as long as one does not need to use all DP and HDMI ports and also as long one one does not aim at Display Hotplug, multi-monitor support and proper sleep/wake functionality.
KGP

Hi there, I am building a two Vega 64 system and would like to have three monitors connected to the system. Would that be possible? If not, uff, this is pretty a show stopper to my project!

Thank you very much for any details and guidance on this!

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
After several failed attempts I am going to take another stab at getting my first Hackintosh up and running.

Can someone please help with some newbie questions?

I have created a bootable usb drive using UniBeast 8.3.2 - High Sierra.

What am I supposed to do with the X299-EFI-Folder-Distributions content that is mentioned on the first page of this thread? Is this used for the post-install?

I have a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics cards. Which driver should I be using with High Sierra, where do I download it and during which step of the installation process do I install it?

Thanks.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
C.) Important General Note/Advice and Error Prevention

So if I understand the instructions in section "C." correctly, I do not use UniBeast at all?

All of the steps of making the USB installer flash drive are performed manually?

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
I am trying to follow the steps in section "C." and the Build_Clover.command file is different.

It no longer has [export PATH=] as shown on line 31.

Can anyone please explain what to do here?

screenshot-2018-06-16-at-19-22-20-png.336333

The current version of the file looks like this...

Motherboard
Asus X299A
CPU
i7-7800X
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am trying to follow the steps in section "C." and the Build_Clover.command file is different.

It no longer has [export PATH=] as shown on line 31.

Can anyone please explain what to do here?

screenshot-2018-06-16-at-19-22-20-png.336333

The current version of the file looks like this...
View attachment 396459
I'm sure you figured it out by now... That line isn't in the script anymore, as it is no longer needed..

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-Deluxe-OpenCore
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RTX 3080 TI, Radeon RX580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Everything was working fine but my Asus prime x299 deluxe motherboard had damage, Thank God it was on warranty and today I got a new one, I downgraded the bios to the X299D.CAP that you have here (Ver1503) I change all the setting in the bios, windows boots fine, but mac stays just on the logo and does not do anything. SOme times the mouse appears with the boot apple logo but it never finishes booting up. Any Idea??

Last edited:

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Everything was working fine but my Asus prime x299 deluxe motherboard had damage, Thank God it was on warranty and today I got a new one, I downgraded the bios to the X299D.CAP that you have here (Ver1503) I change all the setting in the bios, windows boots fine, but mac stays just on the logo and does not do anything. SOme times the mouse appears with the boot apple logo but it never finishes booting up. Any Idea??

Properly adapted TSCAdjustReset.kext in your EFI-Folder? MSR lock disabled in your BIOS settings?

If so, upload information requested at beginning of Section C.) that others can help you with your issues.

Good luck,

KGP

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
C.) Important General Note/Advice and Error Prevention

So if I understand the instructions in section "C." correctly, I do not use UniBeast at all?

All of the steps of making the USB installer flash drive are performed manually?

Correctly understood in any case..

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there, I am building a two Vega 64 system and would like to have three monitors connected to the system. Would that be possible? If not, uff, this is pretty a show stopper to my project!

Thank you very much for any details and guidance on this!

Certainly possible in any case.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
I'm sure you figured it out by now... That line isn't in the script anymore, as it is no longer needed..

Thanks for the info. I am too much of a newbie to know what steps I can skip so I decided to wait until I got some feedback. I am going to take another stab a figuring it out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.