Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Junologue here it is...
Actually, Hotplug does't work under windows... weird. I can see the attach device on the Thunderbolt software but the drive didn't mount... my Bios settings are exactly the same as KPG.
Do you install other thing than the Titan drivers ?
do you think I need to upgrade to Bios 1704 ?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-03-11 à 12.10.14.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-03-11 à 12.10.14.png
    283 KB · Views: 187
  • Capture d’écran 2019-03-11 à 12.09.12.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-03-11 à 12.09.12.png
    190.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
@jaminmc I haven't had a single crash on my X299A (4 days of heavy cuda-work now) , since i downloaded the latest builds of fakesmc+sensors and removed the gpusensor.kext

before it crashed once a day on heavy cuda tasks.

Will try it for a couple of days, and then try to switch back one kext at a time until i see the cause.

Thought you should know :)
Sweet!! I will have to check it out. My Crashes weren't even during heavy CUDA processing. It would happen on stupid times. like clicking on a file in finder, not always, just randomly when I would click on something. Especially of I was rendering video. But it would happen sometimes if I didn't have any CUDA apps open.

I also heard that the ID setting of AGPMEnabler.kext should be 4 for a NVIDIA card. I changed mine, but haven't tried CUDA since I did.

XML:
            <key>Machines</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94</key>
                <dict>
                    <key>GFX0</key>
                    <dict>
                        <key>AGDCEnabled</key>
                        <integer>1</integer>
                        <key>min-power-state</key>
                        <integer>0</integer>
                        <key>max-power-state</key>
                        <integer>15</integer>
                        <key>control-id</key>
                        <integer>17</integer>
                        <key>Heuristic</key>
                        <dict>
                            <key>ID</key>
                            <string>4</string>
                        </dict>
                    </dict>
                </dict>

Maybe gpusensor.kext would work with that setting?

Thanks a lot for your reply!!

I enquired BlackMagic and it seems the BlackMagic UltraSTUDIO 3D doesn't work on a new MacMini as well. They (BlackMagic) referred to it as Legacy and they couldn't even point to the actual driver. There's a chance it's a driver issue, meaning the original driver package from years ago needs to be found to enable the device.

Thunderbolt seem to be working so well that a missing driver would explain the issue.

Since you use the Sage, at what clock are you running the i9 7980XE? Do you remember the voltage?

Thanks again.
The Desktop Video 11.0 update should have the drivers for all the Video products.

Have you tried to get the card working in Windows? The firmware on your board could be very old. I used to have that card, but the outputs died on it. So I am now using the DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K. I am still rocking Version 10.11.4 though,

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/capture-and-playback has all the different versions from over the years.

If it doesn't work, make sure the card is showing up in your IORegisteryExplorer. As maybe some other SSDT may be maping it to a SSD or something.

Sweet!! I will have to check it out. My Crashes weren't even during heavy CUDA processing. It would happen on stupid times. like clicking on a file in finder, not always, just randomly when I would click on something. Especially of I was rendering video. But it would happen sometimes if I didn't have any CUDA apps open.

I also heard that the ID setting of AGPMEnabler.kext should be 4 for a NVIDIA card. I changed mine, but haven't tried CUDA since I did.

XML:
            <key>Machines</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94</key>
                <dict>
                    <key>GFX0</key>
                    <dict>
                        <key>AGDCEnabled</key>
                        <integer>1</integer>
                        <key>min-power-state</key>
                        <integer>0</integer>
                        <key>max-power-state</key>
                        <integer>15</integer>
                        <key>control-id</key>
                        <integer>17</integer>
                        <key>Heuristic</key>
                        <dict>
                            <key>ID</key>
                            <string>4</string>
                        </dict>
                    </dict>
                </dict>

Maybe gpusensor.kext would work with that setting?

Sweet! I will try to change it to 4, and reinstall the older sensors, see how it goes.

Btw

Still very annoying that i haven’t got the 15port to work altough use your 15portkext. how does it look for you in your ioreg?

@Junologue here it is...
Actually, Hotplug does't work under windows... weird. I can see the attach device on the Thunderbolt software but the drive didn't mount... my Bios settings are exactly the same as KPG.
Do you install other thing than the Titan drivers ?
do you think I need to upgrade to Bios 1704 ?

Looks good looking at the screenshots.

Could you try with a different tb-device? If it shows up in thunderboltchain in windows, but doesnt mount, it sounds like another issue than the titan ridge.

It should work now

Looks good looking at the screenshots.

Could you try with a different tb-device? If it shows up in thunderboltchain in windows, but doesnt mount, it sounds like another issue than the titan ridge.

It should work now

Nope, try with differents cables and drives.
Comeback on the ThEX3. All drives mount easily with hotplug in windows.
Wondering if it's not a driver problem with my Bios 1503.
Whitch driver release are you using and whitch Bios ?

PS: I use Cuda drivers 11.0 package. No crash.

Nope, try with differents cables and drives.
Comeback on the ThEX3. All drives mount easily with hotplug in windows.
Wondering if it's not a driver problem with my Bios 1503.
Whitch driver release are you using and whitch Bios ?

PS: I use Cuda drivers 11.0 package. No crash.

I use 1704, and did just install the ordinary drivers from Titan-Ridge site. Make sure to reset CMOS after flash.

whats 11.0 ?

here is all available cudas

like clicking on a file in finder, not always, just randomly when I would click on something.

Haha so random, 5 minutes after reading this (before even changing anything, it crashed while opening finder...

Damn CUDA, i need to get this **** stable...

@jaminmc

Alright! I just downgraded to 1503bios and trying various other stuff. Keep me updated. Let’s solve this once and for all x299a-bro ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back