N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you so much...I really learned to think a bit more those PCI paths.
Namaste..:thumbup:

Yep the X299 sage boards are a bit more difficult to adapt the ssdts due to it having more pci bridges. It makes a lot more sense once you get it :lol:

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME DELUXE X299
CPU
i7-7800X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi there, please do update your info so we can see your correct CPU model.

You seem to be using nvidia graphics, which is from where the KP is coming from -CUDA and such- your .plist has no NvidiaWeb checked in System Parameters, which in your case, should be.

You have unnecessary kext in your EFI folder, and two different instances of a "SMC" pluging, which can cause conflict, use the set provided in guide and remove all instances of FakeSMC and lugins, plus VirtualSMC and its plugins.

You should also remove instances of SSDT-RX in your ACPI patched section and unnecessary SSDT in your EFI folder. Check clover version, and verify your CPU has 12 core as set on your TSCAdjustReset.kext .plist

report with changes

Finally got around to making these amends and now my system hangs on DSMOS.

I've double checked and I have a FakeSMC in my ktexts and I added that NvidiaWeb checkbox in System Parameters.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G
CPU
i9-10900X
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Finally got around to making these amends and now my system hangs on DSMOS.

I've double checked and I have a FakeSMC in my ktexts and I added that NvidiaWeb checkbox in System Parameters.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Boot with -v, keepsyms=1, debug=0x100 and upload pictures

Upload your current EFI folder to see what have you changed.

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME X299 DELUXE
CPU
Intel i9 7940X
Graphics
RADEON RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp mate, hope you're keeping well! I haven't kept up to speed on here of late. Is there an update path from this build to mojave with the nvidia graphics card? Apologies if this is the wrong place to post just struggling to find where i might find such info..

Motherboard
MSI H81M-P33
CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
GTX 750
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@kgp mate, hope you're keeping well! I haven't kept up to speed on here of late. Is there an update path from this build to mojave with the nvidia graphics card? Apologies if this is the wrong place to post just struggling to find where i might find such info..
NVidia cards are unsupported with proper drivers when running Mojave, due to ongoing non-cooperation between them and Apple. No one knows if that could maybe change whenever the 2019 MacPro is released, but seems kind of unlikely.
Current best plan: sell the nVidia card and replace it with a Vega 56/64 card.

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME X299 DELUXE
CPU
Intel i9 7940X
Graphics
RADEON RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Cheers @rugula
If I end up going Vega cards, can i just swap the hardware on my current build and switch over the driver on next boot up (within High Sierra)? Or is it a little more complicated than that?

Motherboard
MSI H81M-P33
CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
GTX 750
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Forgot to mention: this page says that a GTX 680 card would also work with Mojave, if you were willing to downgrade to an older GPU:
Vega cards are natively supported in Mojave, so simply swap hardware and should work okay.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Forgot to mention: this page says that a GTX 680 card would also work with Mojave, if you were willing to downgrade to an older GPU:
Vega cards are natively supported in Mojave, so simply swap hardware and should work okay.

@nathanaelweir,

You should really read my respective guidelines. BTW.. these are the guidelines for 10.14: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ful-build-extended-guide.255082/#post-1769074. Most Vegas won't be correctly implemented without WEG.kext and one of the respective SSDTs provided in the Github library, which are mandatory for properly implementing all Vega DP1.4 and HDMI ports and for providing Display HotPlug and sleep/wake functionality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.