Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II
CPU
i9-9920X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
hi @kgp , thanks for the great guide first.

i build a new hackintosh PC with i9-9920X and Asus X299 Deluex II

of course also get the water cool system. osx can sleep without any problem, that's good.

but all the PWM fans will go to full speed if osx wake up from sleep.
so, do you have the same problem?

thanks

kgp

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
hi @kgp , thanks for the great guide first.

i build a new hackintosh PC with i9-9920X and Asus X299 Deluex II

of course also get the water cool system. osx can sleep without any problem, that's good.

but all the PWM fans will go to full speed if osx wake up from sleep.
so, do you have the same problem?

thanks
In BIOS go to section "Monitor", set CPU and all onboard Fan headers to PWM and manual and adjust respective fan curves. Fan hubs should not be supplied by additional MOLEX or SATA power.

Good luck,

KGP

Motherboard
ASROCK X299 KILLER
CPU
INTEL i7-7820X
Graphics
SAPPHIRE VEGA 64 NITRO
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I recommend to upload your Vega64-SSDT, an IOREG save of your system and a "PCI" snapshot of Apple's system report in order to allow others to help you.

Good luck

I'm uploading my files here.
Please review it.

thx a lot.

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II
CPU
i9-9920X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
In BIOS go to section "Monitor", set CPU and all onboard Fan headers to PWM and manual and adjust respective fan curves. Fan hubs should not be supplied by additional MOLEX or SATA power.

Good luck,

KGP
thanks, i am waiting for the new PWM cable and then will have a try.

also, i am using the i9-9920X cpu, should i use the same 'i9-7920X CPxx->PRxx code snippet' as per your guide?

thanks.

kgp

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
thanks, i am waiting for the new PWM cable and then will have a try.

also, i am using the i9-9920X cpu, should i use the same 'i9-7920X CPxx->PRxx code snippet' as per your guide?

thanks.
Verify with IOREG that the i9-7920X code snippet also works for the i9-9920X.

Motherboard
ASRock X299 Professional Gaming XE
CPU
i9-7980xe
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
So after two years in France, I'm moving back to Australia. Shipping my PC was going to cost more than buying a new case and water-cooling system. So I threw away everything but MB, i9-7980xe, RAM, SSDs, PSU, hard drives and the graphic cards (taking those with me as carryon luggage)

Bought the EKWB PE360 kit and the Vega EKWB waterblock. I don't do anything stressing the Vega ever, mostly wanted it to be quiet (it's the noisiest component of my system). I bought a Fractal Design R6 Define case

The EKWB configurator suggests an extra SE360 radiator for the water loop. But that would be massively over speced (like 780W of cooling for a max of 500W). This would have to be used as top radiator. I'm not that keen on removing the top part of the case, going to be much noisier (that and 3 extra fans).
Elsewhere EKWB recommend 1x120mm fan per component + 1, which 360mm will cover enough (though i'm guessing that don't really apply for a beast like the 7980 or Vega FE).

Suggestions?

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960X
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mobile Phone
iOS
I manage i9 7960x(delided) + Vega FE with a EK-CoolStream XE 360 & 6x fan ML120 from corsair (push/Pull).

Motherboard
ASRock X299 Professional Gaming XE
CPU
i9-7980xe
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I manage i9 7960x(delided) + Vega FE with a EK-CoolStream XE 360 & 6x fan ML120 from corsair (push/Pull).
The XE is much thicker though. Not sure how much of a difference that makes. Thank you. I guess I'll try that config first and see how it goes.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960X OC @4.5
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @kgp a short Question about patching my SSDT for my NVMe in Slot-6 on a Riser-Card:
Now its recognized in PCI as pci144d,a804 in PCI Slot 0@179,0,0.

Think I need an SSDT for mapping it right...

But how? do you have the Clou for me, I don't understand SSDT Patching so far yet.

No big Deal, my System is running very smooth, but would be nice to have.

Another Thing:
Will get my 2nd Vega these Days. Got the Vega SSDT in my Patched Folder, does it affect on my second one, or do I ha to expand the SSDT with the same Values but targeting another PCI and GFX Port?

In this Case I Think GFX1 an the Slot, where the Card will be in (slot-4 is recommended by Asus on the X299 Deluxe) btw.: it is exact the Same Card Vendor and Model (Asus, Strix 64)

Thanks for reply!