7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp now i know why you didn't see proper implementation, the titan ridge wasn't back since the latest crash. Now when it's back, i can see all the XHCI entries + the TB implementation in ioreg, if i'm not very wrong. attached the file.

I have also removed the "change GBE1 to ETH0" now.

Is it anything else that looks weird, otherwise i will just ride along, and hopefully i won't have any more issues
Thanks again man, for everything. And sorry for being such a clumsy "hackintosher" on my last posts. Have been working a lot lately.

Attachments

• newjunoioreg.ioreg
    12.5 MB · Views: 146
Reactions: kgp
Motherboard
Asus X299A
CPU
i7-7800X
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp Hi again man, i bought the Titan-Ridge from amazon, and now HotPlug works flawless with TB_Header.

However, since installing that and adopting @jaminmc EFI configuration (cause we got the same mobo), and changing the cpu settings according to your guide, to fit my 7960x. I have encountered 4 crashes, in 2 weeks. The thing that happens when i boot it up again is that the NVIDIA web drivers gets deactivated, and also i loose the Thunderbolt implementation. If i go into bios and disable/enable Thunderbolt, it works again.

I can't for the love of god get what's going on. Could you check if you can help me tweak my Nvidia.aml file to fit my 1080ti in the 1 slot. If that could be the case, i don't really know where to begin :/

or do you have any idea @jaminmc ?

Thanks in advance guys
Hmmmm... I used to get a bunch of crashes when I was using CUDA. I uninstalled it, and haven't had many crashes. Today though, My thunderbolt crashed. Wouldn't even show up on Windows, even after I disabled & re-enabled it in the BIOS. Then I turned the power off completely, and turned it one again. and I had Thunderbolt. Then I restarted, and the computer wouldn't boot anymore. I cleared the CMOS, and did all the settings again, and boom, no posting. I ended up downflashing back to 1504. I guess they pulled 1602 for a reason.

Since you didn't post your IOREG, I can't look in and see if you messed it up :) I'm sure there are things that can be setup that I don't have. I can try to match it off your IOREG.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hmmmm... I used to get a bunch of crashes when I was using CUDA. I uninstalled it, and haven't had many crashes. Today though, My thunderbolt crashed. Wouldn't even show up on Windows, even after I disabled & re-enabled it in the BIOS. Then I turned the power off completely, and turned it one again. and I had Thunderbolt. Then I restarted, and the computer wouldn't boot anymore. I cleared the CMOS, and did all the settings again, and boom, no posting. I ended up downflashing back to 1504. I guess they pulled 1602 for a reason.

Since you didn't post your IOREG, I can't look in and see if you messed it up :) I'm sure there are things that can be setup that I don't have. I can try to match it off your IOREG.

His TB implementation looks fine. Nothing messed up within the respective SSDT or under IOREG. But his XHCI implementation is messed up, as he apparently still does not use the 15-port kext, although I implemented the latter in the revised EFI-folder and he also still misses an adequate ARPT-SSDT adaptation.

Last edited:

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp now i know why you didn't see proper implementation, the titan ridge wasn't back since the latest crash. Now when it's back, i can see all the XHCI entries + the TB implementation in ioreg, if i'm not very wrong. attached the file.

I have also removed the "change GBE1 to ETH0" now.

Is it anything else that looks weird, otherwise i will just ride along, and hopefully i won't have any more issues
Thanks again man, for everything. And sorry for being such a clumsy "hackintosher" on my last posts. Have been working a lot lately.

ARPT-SSDT implementation still missing.. Try to download, add and properly adopt SSDT-X299-ARPT.aml from the X299 SSDT Github library.

XHCI implementation still wrong... (BTW.. XHCI is totally independent from TTR and just requires the 15-port kext)
Implement original JaminMc-iMacPro-ASUS-PX299A-XHCI-15port.kext.zip from the XHC USB kext Github library. Remove all other USB-kexts. Disable USB port limit patch in config.plist

No improvements so far.. again redundant information.

Try to implement missing implementations and correct remaining errors and once more upload modified EFI-Folder and resulting IOREG.save and PCI screenshot.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ARPT-SSDT implementation still missing..

XHCI implementation still wrong... (XHCI is totally independent from TTR and just requires the 15-port kext)

No improvements so far.. again redundant information.

Got it, will post it when i wake up. Regarding the XHCI, i used the efi-folder u sent me, so if you did put the 15portkext there, i certainly did apply it, but i’ll have another look tomorrow.

Will also apply the ARPT-SSDT, guess i need to modify the file though cause i have the broadcom in PCIEX_3

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Got it, will post it when i wake up. Regarding the XHCI, i used the efi-folder u sent me, so if you did put the 15portkext there, i certainly did apply it, but i’ll have another look tomorrow.

Will also apply the ARPT-SSDT, guess i need to modify the file though cause i have the broadcom in PCIEX_3

ARPT-SSDT: You also need to modify ACPI path and ACPI replacements in concordance with your IOREG information. This small guideline might help you in doing so.

XHC USB kext:

I implemented JaminMc-iMacPro-ASUS-PX299A-XHCI-15port.kext.zip, which should implement the following 15 HS and S ports by definition:

Compare with your with actually implemented XHCI ACPI table (IOREG)

Don't you see that something goes totally wrong? Despite the 15-port kext, your system still tries to implement 21 ports and fails in doing so as the USB port limit patch is disabled and it can therefore only implement 15 ports, SSP2 and SSP5 to SSP8 are missing and respective USB3.0 ports will be simply non-functional?

Also following the kext your SS ports should read SSPx and not SS0x, which means that the 15-port kext is simply ignored by your system.

BTW.. Who checked this in your config.plist?

Uncheck!

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp

implemented ARPT, with success (i think).

Still no luck with the XHCI, still shows wrong. Also unchecked inject usb. What else can i try? just remove XHCI .aml's and try from scratch? Or can you identify the problem? attached EFI + ioreg + pciscreen

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hmmmm... I used to get a bunch of crashes when I was using CUDA. I uninstalled it, and haven't had many crashes.

I see! My crashes could be CUDA related as well, but i am a 3D developer, so i need my CUDA ;)
Otherwise i would've just bought an AMD card, but sadly Nvidia is the "only" way for 3D rendering.

But 1602 could really by the cause. Since i upgraded to that, and installed titan ridge, everything started.

I guess you might as well as me have a lot of unneccessary kexts left in your EFI folder though,
since i used your EFI as a base.

Thanks for that btw! :)

and with help from KGP, it got cleaned up really well, removal of duplicate sensorkexts etc. Here is mine now, Feels more stable than ever.

Last edited:

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp

implemented ARPT, with success (i think).

Still no luck with the XHCI, still shows wrong. Also unchecked inject usb. What else can i try? just remove XHCI .aml's and try from scratch? Or can you identify the problem? attached EFI + ioreg + pciscreen

Yup, all PCI devices now seem to be properly implemented.

I am sure that @jaminmc will be able to help you in fixing the remaining XHCI issue, as he also provided the respective XHC USB kext apparently in use.

Good luck, dude..

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@jaminmc do you have proper XHCI implementation as shown in post #11,999 ? Can’t get it there even though i used your XHCI SSDT. If so, could you provide your EFI folder again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.