GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I've been getting kernel panic lately when my GPU is under load.

I've attached my EFI and the kernel panic info.

Any tips on these help would be much appreciated :eek:D

Oh and a massive thanks to @kgp for the amazing work you've done on this. Really happy with my machine.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    42.6 MB · Views: 117
  • kernel_panic.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 69
  • JD_iMac_Pro.spx.zip
    307.1 KB · Views: 49
Motherboard
Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G
CPU
i9-10900X
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

Oh and a massive thanks to @kgp for the amazing work you've done on this. Really happy with my machine.
hi there, please do update your info so we can see your correct CPU model.

You seem to be using nvidia graphics, which is from where the KP is coming from -CUDA and such- your .plist has no NvidiaWeb checked in System Parameters, which in your case, should be.

You have unnecessary kext in your EFI folder, and two different instances of a "SMC" pluging, which can cause conflict, use the set provided in guide and remove all instances of FakeSMC and lugins, plus VirtualSMC and its plugins.

You should also remove instances of SSDT-RX in your ACPI patched section and unnecessary SSDT in your EFI folder. Check clover version, and verify your CPU has 12 core as set on your TSCAdjustReset.kext .plist

report with changes

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME DELUXE X299
CPU
i7-7800X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi there, please do update your info so we can see your correct CPU model.

You seem to be using nvidia graphics, which is from where the KP is coming from -CUDA and such- your .plist has no NvidiaWeb checked in System Parameters, which in your case, should be.

You have unnecessary kext in your EFI folder, and two different instances of a "SMC" pluging, which can cause conflict, use the set provided in guide and remove all instances of FakeSMC and lugins, plus VirtualSMC and its plugins.

You should also remove instances of SSDT-RX in your ACPI patched section and unnecessary SSDT in your EFI folder. Check clover version, and verify your CPU has 12 core as set on your TSCAdjustReset.kext .plist

report with changes

Thanks for the tips dolgarrenan. I'll go over each of these points this evening. The extra SMC items came from some irc comments where I was trying to sort some sensors out. But I'll stip everything back to the original KP recommendation.

When you say update the CPU model, do you mean the superficial fix add in os x?

TSCAdjustReset.kext . <-- I've added 12 as the tutorial described that as 12 threads, not cores?

Thanks

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G
CPU
i9-10900X
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thanks for the tips dolgarrenan. I'll go over each of these points this evening. The extra SMC items came from some irc comments where I was trying to sort some sensors out. But I'll stip everything back to the original KP recommendation.

When you say update the CPU model, do you mean the superficial fix add in os x?

TSCAdjustReset.kext . <-- I've added 12 as the tutorial described that as 12 threads, not cores?

Thanks
When I say CPU model I meant on your user info, 8700K can't work on X299 platform, thats meant for Z300 boards, and theres only the 7800X cpu with those thread count compatible on X299 platform

Motherboard
MSI - X299M GAMING PRO CARBON AC Micro ATX LGA2066 Motherboard
CPU
Intel - Core i7-7820X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor
Graphics
AMD Vega Frontier
Mac
  1. iMac
@kgp I have a successful build that I built summer of 2018 following your guide on page 1 of this forum topic. Can I upgrade to Mojave successfully with the click of the update button? Or do I need to follow any additional steps? If so, please point me to the right area to upgrade :). Thanks!

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME DELUXE X299
CPU
i7-7800X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I say CPU model I meant on your user info, 8700K can't work on X299 platform, thats meant for Z300 boards, and theres only the 7800X cpu with those thread count compatible on X299 platform

Yep that's a typo :eek:

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp Hi again man, i bought the Titan-Ridge from amazon, and now HotPlug works flawless with TB_Header.

However, since installing that and adopting @jaminmc EFI configuration (cause we got the same mobo), and changing the cpu settings according to your guide, to fit my 7960x. I have encountered 4 crashes, in 2 weeks. The thing that happens when i boot it up again is that the NVIDIA web drivers gets deactivated, and also i loose the Thunderbolt implementation. If i go into bios and disable/enable Thunderbolt, it works again.

I can't for the love of god get what's going on. Could you check if you can help me tweak my Nvidia.aml file to fit my 1080ti in the 1 slot. If that could be the case, i don't really know where to begin :/

or do you have any idea @jaminmc ?

Thanks in advance guys

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp one thing not note is that i don't have the usb 2.0 connected from titan-ridge to the motherboard, since i only have one 2.0 connector on the x299-a, and it's used by my broadcom bluetooth. That wouldn't really matter though would it?

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

your EFI-Folder, my friend .... o_O

And finally your SSDTs.. A simple copy and paste of the entire Githib repository without any adaptation or idea behind...

I would not be surprised if all this leads to KPs.. And yet I have not seen your BIOS settings or IOREG.save.. ;)

Let me conclude with a very friendly and surely helpful recommendation: start from scratch and complete the current original EFI-Folder distribution by else carefully considering and following all guidelines.

Good luck :thumbup:

KGP

This reply took one hour of my time..

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp one thing not note is that i don't have the usb 2.0 connected from titan-ridge to the motherboard, since i only have one 2.0 connector on the x299-a, and it's used by my broadcom bluetooth. That wouldn't really matter though would it?

As long you do not use any USB2.0 devices on your TTR it does not matter..

Status
Not open for further replies.