i7-7800X
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here is mine.
You can't flash it from the bios, as it is missing a checksum or something, and it will fail.. You need to do the Flashback mode. Basically, shut down the computer, put your thumbdrive in the usb port that that is by the biosflash button, and then press the button, and wait for the flashing lite to shut off... Then turn on your computer, and setup the bios to match post 1. (Eccept the Thunderbolt slot is different for the 4th slot on our MB.)

Attachments

• X299A.CAP.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 44
Reactions: kgp
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
7960X
Graphics
6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here is mine.
You can't flash it from the bios, as it is missing a checksum or something, and it will fail.. You need to do the Flashback mode. Basically, shut down the computer, put your thumbdrive in the usb port that that is by the biosflash button, and then press the button, and wait for the flashing lite to shut off... Then turn on your computer, and setup the bios to match post 1. (Eccept the Thunderbolt slot is different for the 4th slot on our MB.)

Oh! Got it , must've missed that part, about the Flashback!

Thanks!

Motherboard
Asus X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok calling on @kgp So we are trying to get a beast system working with a GPU external box that connects via one PCI-x16 slot that holds 4 GPUs. This would allow over 6 1080ti`s to run in one system! (4 in box and 2 on mobo). All 6 GPUs work without the Nvidia drivers which is glitchy and laggy, but as soon as we load Nvidia web drivers and boot up it just goes to black screen. With all the GPUs installed it boots all the way until it says waiting for DMOS and then goes to black screen. My guess is once it reaches OSX it doesn't know which GPU is used for main display. We have tried taking out the cable and testing all GPU ports…. still a black screen. This is the same for 10.13.2 - 10.13.6 with Nvidia drivers. It only does this with all the GPUs installed, not when just one 1080ti is installed on the mobo. Is there anyway we can make a custom SSDT to run all the cards? Is this something we can use ioreg to figure out? I thought maybe I need to add all the Nvidia GPU device ID to the config or SSDT files. Please let me know what you think, as if we get this working it opens up a HUGE amount of power for tonymac users! Thank you so much!

7980XE CPU
Asus Prime Deluxe with 1503 BIOS
your latest EFI folder distro
using Lilu and whatever green kexts

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok calling on @kgp So we are trying to get a beast system working with a GPU external box that connects via one PCI-x16 slot that holds 4 GPUs. This would allow over 6 1080ti`s to run in one system! (4 in box and 2 on mobo). All 6 GPUs work without the Nvidia drivers which is glitchy and laggy, but as soon as we load Nvidia web drivers and boot up it just goes to black screen. With all the GPUs installed it boots all the way until it says waiting for DMOS and then goes to black screen. My guess is once it reaches OSX it doesn't know which GPU is used for main display. We have tried taking out the cable and testing all GPU ports…. still a black screen. This is the same for 10.13.2 - 10.13.6 with Nvidia drivers. It only does this with all the GPUs installed, not when just one 1080ti is installed on the mobo. Is there anyway we can make a custom SSDT to run all the cards? Is this something we can use ioreg to figure out? I thought maybe I need to add all the Nvidia GPU device ID to the config or SSDT files. Please let me know what you think, as if we get this working it opens up a HUGE amount of power for tonymac users! Thank you so much!

7980XE CPU
Asus Prime Deluxe with 1503 BIOS
your latest EFI folder distro
using Lilu and whatever green kexts

Did you check NvidiaWeb in config.plist in Section "System Parameters" of Clover Configurator?

If this does not help you can try adapting and implementing a SSDT for each GPU. But I somewhat doubt that this will solve your issue. Anyway worth to try.

Also try to enable/disable "Above 4g decoding"

Good luck,

KGP

Motherboard
Asus X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Did you check NvidiaWeb in config.plist in Section "System Parameters" of Clover Configurator?

If this does not help you can try adapting and implementing a SSDT for each GPU. But I somewhat doubt that this will solve your issue. Anyway worth to try.

Also try to enable/disable "Above 4g decoding"

Good luck,

KGP
Yes we have tried all custom flags such as "NvidiaWeb" Load VBIOS ect. Yes 4G encoding needs to be on to allow memory to the PCI busses. How would I adapt a custom SSDT for those GPUs? Any suggestions? Thanks as always!

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes we have tried all custom flags such as "NvidiaWeb" Load VBIOS ect. Yes 4G encoding needs to be on to allow memory to the PCI busses. How would I adapt a custom SSDT for those GPUs? Any suggestions? Thanks as always!

By means of your IOREG information for each GPU. You will just have to adopt ACPI path and ACPI replacement for each SSDT. You have to choose for each SSDT a different filename and also the name in the definitionblock must be different for each SSDT. As device for each GPU, you implement GFX0, GFX1, GFX2.. etc., respectively. This small guideline might help you in your endeavour. The implementation of two GPUs also has been recently discussed in one of my threads in line with provided examples. Please investigate recent posts in my X99 or X299 threads, I am sure you are able to find what I am referring too.

Do a stepwise approach. Try to connect, use and successfully implement a single PCIe GPU at first place. Once this works as expected, add the second PCIe GPU. Once this works, start adding stepwise the eGPUs.

Good luck in your in endeavour,

KGP

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
By means of your IOREG information for each GPU. You will just have to adopt ACPI path and ACPI replacement for each SSDT. You have to choose for each SSDT a different filename and also the name in the definitionblock must be different for each SSDT. As device for each GPU, you implement GFX0, GFX1, GFX2.. etc., respectively. This small guideline might help you in your endeavour. The implementation of two GPUs also has been recently discussed in one of my threads in line with provided examples. Please investigate recent posts in my X99 or X299 threads, I am sure you are able to find what I am referring too.

Do a stepwise approach. Try to connect, use and successfully implement a single PCIe GPU at first place. Once this works as expected, add the second PCIe GPU. Once this works, start adding stepwise the eGPUs.

Good luck in your in endeavour,

KGP
Ok thank you for the tips as always, I have some studying up to do. GOD, what I wouldn't do for a detailed video tutorial on adopting SSDT!

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok thank you for the tips as always, I have some studying up to do. GOD, what I wouldn't do for a detailed video tutorial on adopting SSDT!

My small guideline should be more than sufficient.. ;)

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First steps with a MSI Radeon VII under macOS 10.14.3 (18D42) and 10.14.3 SU (18D109)

See post #1,646

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9 7900X
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1080Ti Founders Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Yeah - I suspect you are barking up the wrong tree here. I can plug an external GPU array into a real iMac Pro and it just works. Instead of guessing and randomly changing settings until you accidentally hit the right combination why not just ssh to your hackintosh and check the logs, or do some remote kernel debugging.
Never try to optimise code by inspection, and never try to debug a fault by guesswork.
Same goes for "do I need this kext?" - people keep suggesting to try this and try that. Nooooo - just read the source code and see what it does. I went through all this over a year ago here with a bunch of old kexts and patches that people kept saying to use like witch doctors. I checked out the source and found that they were all utterly useless and had nothing at all to do with the issues people were having.

• check the logs
  • use a debugger
  • read the source

Status
Not open for further replies.