Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used the inner BIOS Tool to update Bios to 1603, not used flashback yet. No Dos or such tried yet.

Flashback did the Trick! Thank you Mates!

Reactions: kgp
Hello @kgp ! Im working on a Asus X99 PRO USB 3.1, i7 6800K. The problem is the GPU It's not working properly. It's a PNY Nvidia Quadro M6000. Very poor perfomance and crashes in some apps. For example, if I try de BruceX Test in Final Cut Pro X it would just crash and the report would show GPUs issues. I tried your Nvidia DSDT with no luck. I'm thinking this GPU is not compatible at all with 10.13.6. Using latest Nvidia Webdrivers and latest CUDA drivers. I guess the problem is not related to CUDA because Final Cut X works only with OpenCL. I tried with two others GPUs (GTX 1050 and RX 580) and found no issues at all. Can you give some help, please?
Thanks!

Hello @kgp ! Im working on a Asus X99 PRO USB 3.1, i7 6800K. The problem is the GPU It's not working properly. It's a PNY Nvidia Quadro M6000. Very poor perfomance and crashes in some apps. For example, if I try de BruceX Test in Final Cut Pro X it would just crash and the report would show GPUs issues. I tried your Nvidia DSDT with no luck. I'm thinking this GPU is not compatible at all with 10.13.6. Using latest Nvidia Webdrivers and latest CUDA drivers. I guess the problem is not related to CUDA because Final Cut X works only with OpenCL. I tried with two others GPUs (GTX 1050 and RX 580) and found no issues at all. Can you give some help, please?
Thanks!

Help in what?

First forget about Nvidia when talking about Hackintosh, then sell your PNY Nvidia Quadro M6000 and go for a Vega 56/64/Frontier.

Hope this helps. ;)

Help in what?

First forget about Nvidia when talking about Hackintosh, then sell your PNY Nvidia Quadro M6000 and go for a Vega 56/64/Frontier.

Hope this helps. ;)

LOL :lol:

Thought it could be possible just to make this GPU work right. Thought you could give some orientation with solving this issue.
It's sad that the small Geforce GTX 1050 works much better than this expensive M6000 in this setup.

I will follow your advise definitively... Thanks!

LOL :lol:

Thought it could be possible just to make this GPU work right. Thought you could give some orientation with solving this issue.
It's sad that the small Geforce GTX 1050 works much better than this expensive M6000 in this setup.

I will follow your advise definitively... Thanks!

I made the change... I changed my GTX980Ti for a Vega 64 and my life is much easier!

Reactions: kgp
Hello.

I'm having a hard time organizing the VEGA64-ssdt.

I upload my ioreg file.

Help me, please.

I use whatevergreen, lilu.

cinebench score / opengl : 100~120
geekbench / 195,000

VGA: VEGA64 NITRO+
MAINBOARD : ASROCK X299 KILLER
CPU : 7820X

Attachments

• JEON’s iMac Pro.ioreg
    23.7 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Hi All,

Will an RX 560 or 580 GPU work with this build?

I'm very interested in a future build with the new Intel W-3175X (28 cores) and the Asus ROG Dominus Extreme motherboard. Do you think a kind of updated tutorial may be possible one day?

I'm very interested in a future build with the new Intel W-3175X (28 cores) and the Asus ROG Dominus Extreme motherboard. Do you think a kind of updated tutorial may be possible one day?

I am more interested in the new cascade lake processors, which will be available in 2019 and will be very likely also part of the new Mac Pro 2019. Although.. without the availability of factory samples, new system builds and guides from my side will be impossible, not only now but also in the future..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back