Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp My bad, sorry!
The issue with the USB Port Limit patch related to 10.14.1.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp My bad, sorry!
The issue with the USB Port Limit patch related to 10.14.1.

No problem.. anyway, which kind of fix or workaround are we talking about? Can you provide further details?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus PRIME X299-A
CPU
i7-7820X
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi KGP!

Few days ago I bought a Sapphire RX Vega 64 vga and I changed the GTX 980Ti. Uninstall the web driver, everything is working fine, inclued sleep/wake. Happy with the system, only one thing left. I updated the system to 10.13.6 (17G3025) and I updated the USB limit kext patch. But for some reason, I have some USB, witch does not work at all. What did I miss?

I attached my EFI folder here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IbQWnNFiTtvLSErX715kgFH1Vso6eTWr

Really appreciate your help guys!

Reactions: kgp

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi KGP!

Few days ago I bought a Sapphire RX Vega 64 vga and I changed the GTX 980Ti. Uninstall the web driver, everything is working fine, inclued sleep/wake. Happy with the system, only one thing left. I updated the system to 10.13.6 (17G3025) and I updated the USB limit kext patch. But for some reason, I have some USB, witch does not work at all. What did I miss?

I attached my EFI folder here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IbQWnNFiTtvLSErX715kgFH1Vso6eTWr

Really appreciate your help guys!

Please attach compressed EFi-Folder, IOREG.save and PCI screenshot simply to your post.

BTW.. no update of port limit path for 10.13.6 SU (17G3025)... the port limit patch for 10.3.6 is still valid for 10.13.6 SU (17G3025).

I really don't know what you mean by "I updated the system to 10.13.6 (17G3025) and I updated the USB limit kext patch."

Thanks,

KGP

P.S. given recent discussions in the other thread it seems recommended to always stay within Apple's 15 port USB limit. I am therefore collecting fully implemented XHC USB kexts, which subsequently can be truncated to 15-port XHC USB kexts by the respective user, in case the fully implemented kext exceeds the 15-port limit.

Are you willing to provide a fully implement XHC USB kext for the ASUS X299 Prime-A to be implemented in the XHC USB Kext Library?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus PRIME X299-A
CPU
i7-7820X
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please attach compressed EFi-Folder, IOREG.save and PCI screenshot simply to your post.

BTW.. no update of port limit path for 10.13.6 SU (17G3025)... the port limit patch for 10.3.6 is still valid for 10.13.6 SU (17G3025).

I really don't know what you mean by "I updated the system to 10.13.6 (17G3025) and I updated the USB limit kext patch."

Thanks,

KGP

P.S. given recent discussions in the other thread it seems recommended to always stay within Apple's 15 port USB limit. I am therefore collecting fully implemented XHC USB kexts, which subsequently can be truncated to 15-port XHC USB kexts by the respective user, in case the fully implemented kext exceeds the 15-port limit.

Are you willing to provide a fully implement XHC USB kext for the ASUS X299 Prime-A to be implemented in the XHC USB Kext Library?

Sorry, I attached the compressed EFI folder and the IOREG.save. Sorry for the stupid question, but the PCI screenshot from IORegistryExplorer?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gq_mPKz0I05JmNwt2DKw6dQ8_9SwjIrb

I meant the update USB limit kext patch, I had a working 10.3.3 config.plist and thats why I used that, updated the USB limit kext patch. Is it bad idea? Should I use your EFI with my bootflags?

Of course I would provide it, but few days ago I just started to do it and I had to realise, it was a bit complicated for my knowledge and english, so I could not finished yet... :crazy:

Thanks!

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry, I attached the compressed EFI folder and the IOREG.save. Sorry for the stupid question, but the PCI screenshot from IORegistryExplorer?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gq_mPKz0I05JmNwt2DKw6dQ8_9SwjIrb

I meant the update USB limit kext patch, I had a working 10.3.3 config.plist and thats why I used that, updated the USB limit kext patch. Is it bad idea? Should I use your EFI with my bootflags?

Of course I would provide it, but few days ago I just started to do it and I had to realise, it was a bit complicated for my knowledge and english, so I could not finished yet... :crazy:

Thanks!

@Bagi1992, my friend,

your EFI-Folder-Folder was a real disaster ;):lol:..

I don't know if it is that difficult to download and adopt at least the actual EFI-Folder version?

I was forced to basically rewrite a completely new EFI-Folder our of your former one.. :rolleyes:o_O..

Anyway, implement the modified (new) EFi-Folder attached below and stay with this actual version now and in the future.

Additional Remarks:

1.) Yet there is my XHC USB kext for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe in your EFI-Folder, which is not compatible with the ASUS X299 Prime-A. Thus, no surprise that some of your USB ports are actually not working. You will have to create your own board-specific XHC USB kext for the X299 Prime-A or wait until somebody else will do it instead.

2.) Yet there are no System SSDTs implemented in your EFi-Folder. Another endeavour awaiting your skills ;)

Good luck, man:thumbup:

KGP

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.3 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus PRIME X299-A
CPU
i7-7820X
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Bagi1992, my friend,

your EFI-Folder-Folder was a real disaster ;):lol:..

I don't know if it is that difficult to download and adopt at least the actual EFI-Folder version?

I was forced to basically rewrite a completely new EFI-Folder our of your former one.. :rolleyes:o_O..

Anyway, implement the modified (new) EFi-Folder attached below and stay with this actual version now and in the future.

Additional Remarks:

1.) Yet there is my XHC USB kext for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe in your EFI-Folder, which is not compatible with the ASUS X299 Prime-A. Thus, no surprise that some of your USB ports are actually not working. You will have to create your own board-specific XHC USB kext for the X299 Prime-A or wait until somebody else will do it instead.

2.) Yet there are no System SSDTs implemented in your EFi-Folder. Another endeavour awaiting your skills ;)

Good luck, man:thumbup:

KGP
Dear KGP,

You always saves the people here... :))
I know, it's a shame... I had better knowledge before in this segment, but I did not read this thread for long time...

Really thanks your help, this system is stay for stable and I don't touch it, I have an other ssd for Mojave later on, if I have time to read and learn more :D

Thanks again man! :clap:

Reactions: kgp

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear KGP,

You always saves the people here... :))
I know, it's a shame... I had better knowledge before in this segment, but I did not read this thread for long time...

Really thanks your help, this system is stay for stable and I don't touch it, I have an other ssd for Mojave later on, if I have time to read and learn more :D

Thanks again man! :clap:

;)

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
2x Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello KGP

After upgrading 10.14.1 (18B75), vega64 has a problem. Now H264 hardware coding has failed, resulting in fcpx output is not normal.
This problem did not appear on 10.14.

I am sorry. I'm not good at English

Xnip2018-11-04_11-24-08.png

Because my motherboard is the same as your X299-DELUXE, and vega64 is plugged into the first slot, so I used your vega ssdt directly, without modification.

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Radeon VII
@mrmggi what is that app that's showing you that information?

Status
Not open for further replies.