Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
MASTER OF 44 PCI LANES

Folks, this is as beautiful as it might get. ... ever soon ...

PCI 1 AMD VEGA 16x LANES
PCI 2 ASUS C100C 10G/bit NIC 4x LANES
PCI 3 3x4 PCI LANES for M2. NVME 12x LANES (4x available ...) ... (16x in max out, 1 slot to go, sooo cool!)
PCI 4 NVIDIA 2080 TI 8x PCI LANES

As @kgp pointed out, the difference for the NVIDIA 2080 TI working 8x PCI LANES is neglectable - DOOM and StaxRip (under WIN) running at their best.

This is a tipping point, a peak of what is possible and what we have achieved as a team here (though I feel like flashing the Asus C100C is like an eater egg --> people at Apple ...)

If you ask me one thing about achievement this year ... 10.14. and this beautiful setup is it! And of course 5k2k!

Happy X-MAS ... while waiting for 30th of Movember (don't forget to donate ...)

Do you do anything to disable your RTX card in mac?

Thank you for sharing your invaluable experience and detailed instructions! But in view of my illiteracy in programming, or something I missed somewhere in this guide, I just can’t tweak the work of vega64 liquid and USB3. Although, everything seems to work, with the exception of rendering in the menu in Final Cut Pro in x264 format. Maybe someone has a similar configuration and you could help in creating SSDT and DSDT? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    37.1 MB · Views: 162
  • iMacPro x299 UD4 PRO 7900x vega64Liquid.ioreg
    9.6 MB · Views: 82
I have, but not that particular one. It was an 8 drive array I built myself several years ago.

Cheers!

Did you have any issues with the SAS card and macOS? Was it supported natively?

Thank you for sharing your invaluable experience and detailed instructions! But in view of my illiteracy in programming, or something I missed somewhere in this guide, I just can’t tweak the work of vega64 liquid and USB3. Although, everything seems to work, with the exception of rendering in the menu in Final Cut Pro in x264 format. Maybe someone has a similar configuration and you could help in creating SSDT and DSDT? Thank you in advance!

1.) Remove shiki.kext, it is now part of Whatevergreen.kext
2.) What is the meaning and function of FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext? I don't use these kexts and they are definitely not from my guide.
3.) Remove KGP-iMacPro-XHCI.kext, as it is not designed for the GB X299 UD4 Pro. I propose that you build your own board specific XHC USB kext for the GB X299 UD4 Pro, following my respective guidelines.
4.) You still miss AppleALC.kext
5.) You use SSDT-X299-Vega.aml but you miss SSDT-DTPG.aml and SSDT-X299-HDEF.aml. You did not upload any "PCI" screenshot of Apple's system report, but based on your current system configuration, I would not expect the GFX0, HDAU and HDEF PCI drivers properly loaded and implemented.
6.) Enable ACPI Replacements PC00 -> PCI0, _OSI -> XOSI, EC0_ -> EC__, H_EC -> EC__, HEC1 -> IMEI, IDER->MEID, LPC0 -> LPCB, FPU_ -> MATH, TMR_ -> TIMR, PIC_ -> IPIC, SMBS._ADR -> XSBU.XADR, _DSM -> XDSM in your config.plist
7.) Remove ADTA DDR4 entries from config.plist in section SMBIOS of Clover Configurator.

I encourage you in getting your system properly set before making statements to or requesting help for 3rd-party software. If the above suggestions do not help I propose to upload screenshots of your BIOS settings. Other Gigabyte users might be able to help you in properly adjusting or optimising your BIOS settings.

Good luck,

KGP

Do you do anything to disable your RTX card in mac?

No, it works for me in different PCI slots (e.g. 2 or 4) out of the box and gets gladly ignored by MacOs. No former Nvidia web driver relicts on my system, this is a clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back