Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the Titan ridge, and using the new modular SSDT system. Everything is working But the titan ridge is not showing up on my Gigabyte board in PCI devices because the ioregistry address is different @kgp perhaps you can help me adopt it?

I don't know what will happen when nulling ANS2. I would need your DSDT.aml. Maybe you can figure it out yourself?

The SSDT attached below assumes ANS2 -> PXSX, but that's just a guess that might not work.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 73
Would using a Titan Ridge version of the card make any difference or is that version not kosher for a hackintosh?

In my case it makes indeed a difference. I have TB HotPlug and USB-C HotPlug with the THB_C connected, which allows the use of the adopter under both macOS and Windows.

However, up to know there are two users claiming that the GC-Titan Ridge does not work on their systems as expected, although they use identical GC-Titan Ridge adopters and also an ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe mainboard implementation.

I am only able to state that on my system, the GC-Titan Ridge is a big step forward. But I have no idea if my Hackintosh is "kosher". I am a convinced non-believer and usually do not care about requirements like "halal" or "kosher". I hope I do not offend anybody by this statement.. ;)

hey I'm trying to implement a parallel scsi controller. Does anyone know what the correct name for the IORegistry is e.g. for stat it is SAT1. So for scsci is it just simply SCSI or SCS1? Where can I find that out?

Honestly, I don't know but I guess the variable naming won't be critical at all..

Hey guys, I'm in the middle of my first every build. I followed this post and got my Hackintosh up and running however its super sluggish. I can't type hardly windows take forever to appear, & a lot of other issues. My graphics card I think isn't running correctly which is causing this issue. I had a GTX 1080 TI and it was doing the same thing but that wasn't my graphics card to keep so unfortunately the only one I have now is a RX 560. I know this post says its commonly not recommended because it doesn't run at its full potential but could this be the issue? Its like its not working at all which I thought it would work enough for usage. Anyway I have the same parts that's in this tutorial except I have an i9 7960x with an Asus prime x299 deluxe. I have 10.13.6 installed, and my config file I use is almost identical to what was provided here (a couple changes for to get the RX 560 to boot). Could I run a different model in my SYMBOS other than iMacPro 1,1 that would work better. I'm scratching my head right now and getting a little depressed.

I really don't understand why somebody owning a sophisticated, expensive, high-end system with a ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe and a i9-7960X would like to implement a absolutely low-end GPU like the RX 560, but I do not need to understand everything in this world, right ? ;)

What do you mean by "the RX560 is not working at all"? You do not even have an image on your screen or what is the meaning of this statement?

Also the question is in which applications you want to see it's full potential, if there is any full potential provided be this low-end GPU at all....

In any case, for basic use the RX 560 should be sufficient and not be the reason of having a sluggish computer.. I would search the source of your current issue rather in your system configuration.

Nice that you already confirm that your BIOS settings and EFI-Folder configurations are flawless and perfect.. Thus we save much work at our side to help you in your issue. ;)

Good luck,

KGP

GC-Titan Ridge is functioning oddly. Now my Thunderbolt RAID won't mount when I start the computer with it powered on and connected. But if I disconnected the TB cable and reconnect, it mounts. Both ports are hot-plugging now. I don't know why hot-plugging wasn't working at all yesterday and now work because I didn't change any settings or configuration at all. But now I can only get devices to work if they are hot-plugged.

So now you suddenly confirm TB HotPlug with the GC-Titan Ridge also on your system? :p What about UBS-C HotPlug?

Maybe you should study your GC-Titan Ridge system in more detail and learn more about its actual behaviour before drawing absolute conclusions?

I really don't understand why somebody owning a sophisticated, expensive, high-end system with a ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe and a i9-7960X would like to implement a absolutely low-end GPU like the RX 560, but I do not need to understand everything in this world, right ? ;)

What do you mean by "the RX560 is not working at all"? You do not even have an image on your screen or what is the meaning of this statement?

Also the question is in which applications you want to see it's full potential, if there is any full potential provided be this low-end GPU at all....

In any case, for basic use the RX 560 should be sufficient and not be the reason of having a sluggish computer.. I would search the source of your current issue rather in your system configuration.

Nice that you already confirm that your BIOS settings and EFI-Folder configurations are flawless and perfect.. Thus we save much work at our side to help you in your issue. ;)

Good luck,

KGP

FIrst, the computer launches and I can login and go to my desktop. The issue is when I try to open up lets say finder it acts like it can't open and doesn't refresh the screen. When I type on the keyboard lets say I hit the "r" it will type "rrr" sometimes which can be related to the graphics card. So this is what I mean by not working its as if the graphics card isn't doing anything.

We are planning on putting a GTX 1080 ti in this machine however you have to have the money to do it and right now we don't but we are using a spare RX 560 so we can get it up and running.

We are going to be using it for sound engineering so no video processing at all just running DAW. Which shouldn't require a high end GPU.

I did attach my config file and I use whatever green and Lilu. Any suggestions here.

Attachments

• config.plist
    23.6 KB · Views: 147
The "Titan Ridge" now works here too. I made the mistake of not connecting the Thunderbolt header cable to the motherboard.

However, I have my own SSDT, with slightly different data. I've extracted these from a MacBook Pro 2018, this model is known to work with Titan Ridge. I am still optimizing, then I will gladly provide them.

The "Titan Ridge" now works here too. I made the mistake of not connecting the Thunderbolt header cable to the motherboard.

However, I have my own SSDT, with slightly different data. I've extracted these from a MacBook Pro 2018, this model is known to work with Titan Ridge. I am still optimizing, then I will gladly provide them.

Are you at least able to also confirm TB and USB-C HotPlug with THB_C and USB cables connected for now?

Do you also have secondary effects on your system when connecting the GC-Titan Ridge USB header with your mainboard?

I am still not able to properly wake my X299 system with it and BT mouse and BT keyboard become laggy..

With respect to my other X99 mainboard, I cannot connect the GC-Titan Ridge USB header at all.. It would drive my entire X99 system totally crazy in terms of hardware, including fans etc. I do not witness these issues on X299 at all.

GC-Titan Ridge is functioning oddly. Now my Thunderbolt RAID won't mount when I start the computer with it powered on and connected. But if I disconnected the TB cable and reconnect, it mounts. Both ports are hot-plugging now. I don't know why hot-plugging wasn't working at all yesterday and now work because I didn't change any settings or configuration at all. But now I can only get devices to work if they are hot-plugged.

So, perhaps people missed when I posted yesterday about the Gigabyte Titan Ridge card how erratic it's performance was, particularly in Windows, where it should have worked just fine. I think I've said that there was something with this card, the card itself, is troubling. While indeed it may work for kgp, it may later prove to be troublesome.

I just wonder if a more mature firmware of the card might make it more reliable, more stable and more functional. I am going to wait for another version of the Titan Ridge card because I think this TTR card/chip needs some age.

I'm just going to add one more thought about the GC Titan Ridge card: POWER. This card requires almost as much power connection as my Sapphire Nitro Vega card! Is it possible that you might have to have a 1200 watt power supply or greater to make it work properly? Perhaps this tiny card draws as much power as a secondary Graphics card?

Last edited:
FIrst, the computer launches and I can login and go to my desktop. The issue is when I try to open up lets say finder it acts like it can't open and doesn't refresh the screen. When I type on the keyboard lets say I hit the "r" it will type "rrr" sometimes which can be related to the graphics card. So this is what I mean by not working its as if the graphics card isn't doing anything.

We are planning on putting a GTX 1080 ti in this machine however you have to have the money to do it and right now we don't but we are using a spare RX 560 so we can get it up and running.

We are going to be using it for sound engineering so no video processing at all just running DAW. Which shouldn't require a high end GPU.

I did attach my config file and I use whatever green and Lilu. Any suggestions here.

I've had no issues like you've had. You could check my post about the TTR card, which essentially shows you everything that works on fully functioning 7940x system (and fully functional in both 10.13.6 and 10.14.0). Filmmkr also posted his EFI which is also a fully functioning system, and you can learn from his post.

I do believe the RX560 can prove troublesome, and there are other threads (there's one specifically on AMD cards) on this board that give you some insight into how to deal with them.

You can get a Vega 56 card very inexpensively now.....and that's a very good card for the money....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back