Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
;).... that is really a nasty one..

Thus, are you ok with:

Until reaching a complete Thunderbolt Hackintosh Local Node implementation, SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml (for GC-Titan Ridge and ASUS TBEX 3) and SSDT-X299-TB3HP-APR.aml (for GC-Alpine Ridge) constitute workarounds for achieving TB HotPlug and TB XHC USB HotPlug functionality with the respective TB3 PCIe Add-In adopters.

I wrote the text to use earlier....
"SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml (for GC-Titan Ridge and ASUS TBEX 3)" tells me that the TTR SSDT can be used for the Asus TBEX3, but it can't (well, it can, but it won't show the proper text in about your mac)

I wrote the text to use earlier....
"SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml (for GC-Titan Ridge and ASUS TBEX 3)" tells me that the TTR SSDT can be used for the Asus TBEX3, but it can't (well, it can, but it won't show the proper text in about your mac)

From the functional part it can within some cosmetic limitations

GC-Titan Ridge - Further Confirmations

In the meanwhile, I also successfully verified GC-Titan Ridge + ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe + SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml +TB HotPlug TB + TB USB-C HotPlug under macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

I also successfully verified the GC-Titan Ridge DisplayPort 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.4 HotPlug functionality

View attachment 353138

View attachment 353139

as well as the Kanex Premium USB-C -> HDMI 4K Adapter and Kanex Premium USB-C -> HDMI 4K Adapter HotPlug functionality.

View attachment 353140

View attachment 353142
Hey mate! How did you get a proper Freesync 75Hz refresh on Mojave? I got 2 LGs with Freesync but my monitors run at 60Hz even if Freesync is on in monitors' settings!

Hey mate! How did you get a proper Freesync 75Hz refresh on Mojave? I got 2 LGs with Freesync but my monitors run at 60Hz even if Freesync is on in monitors' settings!

That's my secret :lol:..

Now seriously.. Look to some previous post by @izo1 .. There it is described in detail ..

Very happy today, managed to get macOS running with both a nvidia 1080ti and an AMD Vega Frontier Edition with the ASRock motherboard

I had to make sure the AMD was in the slot closest to the CPU, otherwise the BIOS would use the nvidia by default and macOS screen would never show anything.

While on macOS I will always use the AMD, on Windows, I like the ability to switch on the fly without having to open the PC and change graphic cards)

indeed. so long that the one property is set, it should work.

still, may as well use the SSDT you've written for the AlpineRidge

The SSDT for the AlpineRidge might work for all 3 adopters.. The only difference is that it implements further device properties of the real iMac Pro (device-IDs, class-codes, Subsystem-vendorIDs, etc.), which I just tested and verified with my GC-Alpine Ridge.

For the GC-Titan Ridge and TBEX 3, I just dropped this additional DSM device property injections. Else the two SSDTs are identical.

That's my secret :lol:..

Now seriously.. Look to some previous post by @izo1 .. There it is described in detail ..

I found the menu @izo1 explained, but it just shows 30Hz and 60Hz (not 75Hz) and not for every resolution :banghead:

@cloudconnected666 have you had any luck with the SSDT implementation and the 10G issues with your X299 Sage 10G? Also does 10G work in Mojave?
I tried Mojave, but decided to go with High Sierra in the end. I will wait for proper Nvidia web drivers and maybe one bugfix OS version :)

Regarding 10G issues - everything seems to be working fine in HS. The problem starts when I have to install some kexts/drivers. Then I will probably need to reinstall kexts for 10G, as before (I've written about it here, but still no response).

I will try to do SSDTs this weekend as I was extremely busy. Because of this, I continued using my Mac Pro until I can stress test this nex Hackintosh a bit.

I found the menu @izo1 explained, but it just shows 30Hz and 60Hz (not 75Hz) and not for every resolution :banghead:

Try to see if you can change something in your monitor settings. Something like enabling/disabling displayport 1.2 compatibility ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back