Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.. :).. That's not what I am saying

My TB-adopters always have been in the same PCIe slot, which I call Slot-4 for simplicity in my slot nomenclature but which is in fact PCIEX16_3 following the ASUS manual nomenclature:

View attachment 353091

As I say, an IOREG.sav + "PCI" snapshot would clarify your current situation and also clearly depict whether to not SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml is properly implemented on your systems.

Anyway 2:34 am here in Berlin.. I need to go back to sleep ;)

Sure, let's pick this up after you've had some sleep. It's not that urgent anyway......get some rest, you deserve it.

Reactions: kgp
Sure, let's pick this up after you've had some sleep. It's not that urgent anyway......get some rest, you deserve it.

With pleasure :thumbup: see you tomorrow.. ;)

My GC-Titan Ridge is in the correct slot PCIEX16_3, as was with the TB EX 3 card. All I did was swap the old Alpine Ridge SSDT aml file for the new SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml for the Titan Ridge. IOReg and PCI screenshots attached.

KGP, no reason to get hostile. No one is calling you a liar. But there are 2 people here who the card is not working for the way it’s supposed to. Obviously something is different and we hope to figure out how to get hot-plugging working, but if it’s not going to work then I should go back to the TBEX3 card. That’s all I was saying.

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 7.16.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 7.16.55 PM.png

Attachments

• iMacPro.ioreg
    19 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
My GC-Titan Ridge is in the correct slot PCIEX16_3, as was with the TB EX 3 card. All I did was swap the old Alpine Ridge SSDT aml file for the new SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml for the Titan Ridge. IOReg and PCI screenshots attached.

KGP, no reason to get hostile. No one is calling you a liar. But there are 2 people here who the card is not working for the way it’s supposed to. Obviously something is different and we hope to figure out how to get hot-plugging working, but if it’s not going to work then I should go back to the TBEX3 card. That’s all I was saying.

View attachment 353117 View attachment 353118

O.k... if not.. then.. sounds much better already.. ;).. it was also never my intention to get hostile btw.. :wave:

Well, everything seems properly implemented at least from the ACPI side. So we have to see why same mainboard and TB adapter allow HotPlug in my case, while in your case they do not.. :rolleyes:

I hope it is not an issue of different TB hardware... Like always, I verified TB HotPlug with my Lacie Rugged HDD and TB USB-C HotPlug with my Kanex TB3 -> HDMI adapter as well as with my Transcend USB 3.1 Type-C stick.

BTW.. SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml GC-Titan Ridge TB HotPlug has been successfully verified in my case with both ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe and ASUS X99-A II (macOS Mojave 10.14.0). Whereas, TB USB-C incl. TB USB-C HotPlug just works with my ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, as I am not able to connect the GC-Titan Ridge USB2.0 header with the ASUS X99-A II onboard USB2.0 header, as already mentioned before in more detail. Thus no TB USB-C functionality at all with the ASUS X99-A II.

If it is not the different TB hardware, the only reason for a different behaviour of GC-Titan Ridge TB + ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe + SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml should be found in your BIOS settings. Although you also seem to use 10.13.6, while I verified TB HotPlug only under 10.14.0 Mojave. That it also works with 10.13.6 was just my initial assumption..

I am still convinced that TB HotPlug and TB USB-C HotPlug should also work in your case under identical conditions..

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
Success!!! GC-Titan Ridge TB HotPlug + TB USB-C HotPlug under macOS Mojave 10.14.0

GC-Titan Ridge + ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe + SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml +TB HotPlug TB + TB USB-C HotPlug successfully verified under macOS Mojave 10.14.0

Like always, I verified TB HotPlug with my 5 TB Lacie Rugged Thunderbolt 2 HDD(+ Apple TB3 -> TB2 adopter) and TB USB-C HotPlug with my Transcend JetFlash 850USB 3.1 Type-C Stick.

kgp.png

Last edited:
GC-Titan Ridge - Further Confirmations

In the meanwhile, I also successfully verified GC-Titan Ridge + ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe + SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml +TB HotPlug TB + TB USB-C HotPlug under macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

I also successfully verified the GC-Titan Ridge DisplayPort 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.4 HotPlug functionality

IMG_2033.jpg

Screenshot 2018-09-27 at 08.01.31.png

as well as the Kanex Premium USB-C -> HDMI 4K Adapter and Kanex Premium USB-C -> HDMI 4K Adapter HotPlug functionality.

IMG_2034.jpg

Screenshot 2018-09-27 at 08.14.20.png

Last edited:
Until reaching a complete Thunderbolt Hackintosh Local Node implementation, SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml (for GC-Titan Ridge and ASUS TBEX 3) and SSDT-X299-TB3HP-APR.aml (for GC-Titan Ridge) constitute workarounds for achieving TB HotPlug and TB XHC USB HotPlug functionality with the respective TB3 PCIe Add-In adopters. Note once more that with the GC-Titan Ridge, HotPlug functionality can be reached with the THB_C connected. For HotPlug with the other TB adaptors, the THB_C must be removed from most of the available mainboards.

H.

I'm wondering if the text should have been:
"Until reaching a complete Thunderbolt Hackintosh Local Node implementation, SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml (for GC-Titan Ridge) and SSDT-X299-TB3HP-APR.aml (for GC-Alpine Ridge including ASUS TBEX 3) constitute workarounds"

keeping the grammar the same.

H.

I'm wondering if the text should have been:
"Until reaching a complete Thunderbolt Hackintosh Local Node implementation, SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml (for GC-Titan Ridge) and SSDT-X299-TB3HP-APR.aml (for GC-Alpine Ridge including ASUS TBEX 3) constitute workarounds"

keeping the grammar the same.

Well yes.. but in principle the AMLs are just required for achieving TB and USB HotPlug functionality. This is not clear from your proposal and in fact SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml is for GC-Titan Ridge and ASUS TBEX 3 and SSDT-X299-TB3HP-APR.aml for GC-Apline Ridge only, as correctly stated before.

SSDT-X299-TB3HP-APR.aml has additional DSM device definitions verified with the GC-Apline Ridge, while I removed these definitions in case of the GC-Titan Ridge and ASUS TBEX 3, although very likely both adopters would also properly work with SSDT-X299-TB3HP-APR.aml. You can check, verify and confirm if you want.

Any alternative proposal if you really think that a rewording is really required in this case?

@kgp I don't make a proposal.

Just that the SSDT you mentioned to use for the TBEX3 is in fact the one for the Titan Ridge
And the one for the Alpine Ridge is described as being for the Titan.

You use TitanRidge for both too.

I believe it's a typo in the text

Edit: The SSDT-X299-TB3HP-APR.aml is for the AlpineRidge right? if I understand the naming convention you used.
But the text for it refers Titan Ridge.
And for the SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml the text mentions the Asus TBEX3, which is an Alpine Ridge.

@kgp I don't make a proposal.

Just that the SSDT you mentioned to use for the TBEX3 is in fact the one for the Titan Ridge
And the one for the Alpine Ridge is described as being for the Titan.

You use TitanRidge for both too.

I believe it's a typo in the text

Edit: The SSDT-X299-TB3HP-APR.aml is for the AlpineRidge right? if I understand the naming convention you used.
But the text for it refers Titan Ridge.
And for the SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml the text mentions the Asus TBEX3, which is an Alpine Ridge.

;).... that is really a nasty one..

Thus, are you ok with:

Until reaching a complete Thunderbolt Hackintosh Local Node implementation, SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml (for GC-Titan Ridge and ASUS TBEX 3) and SSDT-X299-TB3HP-APR.aml (for GC-Alpine Ridge) constitute workarounds for achieving TB HotPlug and TB XHC USB HotPlug functionality with the respective TB3 PCIe Add-In adopters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back